Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

It's like that kid's show Dora the Explorer, it sends a wrong message... saying putting on the hijab magically makes a rapist go away is akin to how Dora goes "Swiper no swiping!" In real life, it wouldn't stop theft, and it wouldn't stop rape either.

Less rape in the muslim world? Please read the news. The media might sensationalize some stories but the essence is true. Girls are just afraid to report because of "honour" killings, cultural stigma and shame and all that junk that comes packaged with rape, and it often stems form people saying "Well, when you were wearing that..."

Stop it. You may think you are defending Islam by brushing crimes under the carpet and claiming Muslims never do anything wrong but in reality you are only making people resent Islam and associate people who turn a blind eye to crimes with Islam itself. Especially the victims of the crime, who have every right to feel anger at the umbrella used to shield their perpetrators and say they're "imagining things". That is the worst thing you can do, to devalue another human's feelings. You are also not standing up for oppression.

I will repeat, Umar (RA) out his own son to death for a rape of a woman. No questions asked.

The number one thing to ever do is to assure the victim that there was nothing... nothing... nothing that she was at fault for. They're hurt enough already.

QMU, -MA-, Tayyiboon, all of the points you're making, I've already went over them. -MA-, It's a little insulting that you ask for facts and then skip over them.
    Last edited by Sanjana; 19-07-10, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
      I agree with the above. Saying that dress matters in any way means that somehow you 1) justify and 2) defend the rapist which is obviously disgusting. If clothes were a weapon against rape we would be the first to know.
      please do not assume such things because it is not true..

no one is justifying rape, but when a woman wears tight/revealing clothes and walks around parading herself, she definitely plays some part in whatever happens to her because of that.......no woman with common sense and decency and modesty would dress like that......

having said that, death penalty to the rapist is the right thing to do......
      "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjana View Post
        It's like that kid's show Dora the Explorer, it sends a wrong message... saying putting on the hijab magically makes a rapist go away is akin to how Dora goes "Swiper no swiping!" In real life, it wouldn't stop theft, and it wouldn't stop rape either.

Less rape in the muslim world? Please read the news. The media might sensationalize some stories but the essence is true. Girls are just afraid to report because of "honour" killings, cultural stigma and shame and all that junk that comes packaged with rape, and it often stems form people saying "Well, when you were wearing that..."

Stop it. You may think you are defending Islam by brushing crimes under the carpet and claiming Muslims never do anything wrong but in reality you are only making people resent Islam and associate people who turn a blind eye to crimes with Islam itself. Especially the victims of the crime, who have every right to feel anger at the umbrella used to shield their perpetrators and say they're "imagining things". That is the worst thing you can do, to devalue another human's feelings. You are also not standing up for oppression.

I will repeat, Umar (RA) out his own son to death for a rape of a woman. No questions asked.

The number one thing to ever do is to assure the victim that there was nothing... nothing... nothing that she was at fault for. They're hurt enough already.

QMU, -MA-, Tayyiboon, all of the points you're making, I've already went over them. -MA-, It's a little insulting that you ask for facts and then skip over them.
        disagree, rape rates definitely increase where there are women barely dressed walking around as compared to places where they are fully covered, again, it is common sense....i never said there will be 0 cases of rape, but the numbers will differ...
        "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Lawl, you are not even listening to me.

Stop it... you're hurting women by saying that. I mean in a country where you are killed for being raped, or you and punished for being raped, please tell me how many girls would report rapes?

Even in the west many girls don't report rapes out of fear and self-blame... how do you think it is in the "Muslim" world?

If you still want to stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalala... well, conversations go nowhere if the other person is not willing to listen. I've been there, thinking I was "defending Islam". Far from it.
          Last edited by Sanjana; 19-07-10, 09:59 AM. Reason: proofread

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjana View Post
            Lawl, you are not even listening to me.

Stop it... you're hurting women by saying that. I mean in a country where you are killed for being raped, or you and punished for being raped, please tell me how many girls would report rapes?

Even in the west many girls don't report rapes out of fear and self-blame... how do you think it is in the "Muslim" world?

If you still want to stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalala... well, conversations go nowhere if the other person is not willing to listen. I've been there, thinking I was "defending Islam". Far from it.
            i think you are the one not listening, i said rape cases do occur in Muslim world also, but it is also common sense that where women barely dress the numbers will automatically increase..

example: woman going out of the bar wearing almost nothing & drunk men are around her!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
              no one is justifying rape, but when a woman wears tight/revealing clothes and walks around parading herself, she definitely plays some part in whatever happens to her because of that.......no woman with common sense and decency and modesty would dress like that......

Exactly.. Saying it doesn't play a part at all is ridiculous. Of course it can play a part.
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

please do not assume such things because it is not true..

At the moment you mention the clothes of the victim then you're implying it's her fault and with that you still lessen the rapist's responsability.

I still believe that a knife is more effective than all the burkhas united on the planet.
                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

At the moment you mention the clothes of the victim then you're implying it's her fault and with that you still lessen the rapist's responsability.

I still believe that a knife is more effective than all the burkhas united on the planet.
                  how am i lessening the rapist's responsibility when i clearly said death penalty to the rapist!!! but at the same time how can you deny that a woman's way of dressing does play some part? it is common sense, even though rape does occur even where women were burkhas but you cannot deny the difference in numbers because of the way some women dress!!

Comment

how am i lessening the rapist's responsibility when i clearly said death penalty to the rapist!!! but at the same time how can you deny that a woman's way of dressing does play some part? it is common sense, even though rape does occur even where women were burkhas but you cannot deny the difference in numbers because of the way some women dress!!
                    How can you compare rape statistics from muslim countries to non-muslim countries where the men in one place are muslim with hopefully some morals and the other is full of non muslims who don't have any Islam? Obviously the numbers will be different?? What has this to do with wearing a burka?

Comment

But if her clothes play some part then it means the girl is responsible!!!!!!! That is lessening the rapist's responsability because of her dress code incriminated!

And yes, it would be common sense if rapists had common sense which they don't.
                      I believe actually that the numbers are much higher than it is told in Muslim countries because of the shame of the sisters who won't report to the police, because the rapists are very unlikely to be punished.
                      See i said 55 rapes in Cairo only that is certainly not the case in Paris.
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

But if her clothes play some part then it means the girl is responsible!!!!!!! That is lessening the rapist's responsability because of her dress code incriminated!
                        No it doesn't. However, clothing may have an affect on the mind of the rapist.
                        SPREAD OF EVIL
                        ZIONISM
                        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

and the commands of Allah(swt) are not effective?.....

i say covering, travelling with a mahram and following the guidance of islam is much more effective than a knife and martial arts.

who says that you will have time to get your knife out?... who says the rapists aint a master at martial arts?....

covering is important, and its prescribed for women. It will lead to nothing but good inshAllah. and no one is defending rapists... it is you who are defending the women who are not covering.

ps. no one is holdiong the women responsible for anything... we are saying that to avoid this horrendous crime, a women should dress to what she has been commanded to, which will prevent any problem... inshAllah.
                          Last edited by QMU; 19-07-10, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
                            and the commands of Allah(swt) are not effective?.....

i say covering, travelling with a mahram and following the guidance of islam is much more effective than a knife and martial arts.

who says that you will have time to get your knife out?... who says the rapists aint a master at martial arts?....

covering is important, and its prescribed for women. It will lead to nothing but good inshAllah. and no one is defending rapists... it is you who are defending the women who are not covering.

ps. no one is holdiong the women responsible for anything... we are saying that to avoid this horrendous crime, a women should dress to what she has been commanded to, which will prevent any problem... inshAllah.
                            You are all self contradictory i don't care how the girl is dressed the point is : don't touch and that is it or "touch with your eyes" you know this is what parents tell the children in a store to avoid any damage.

It is effective with someone having common sense. Again if covering helped there would be 0% rape in Saudi Arabia for instance or Afghanistan or Pakistan which is certainly not the case. It is useless if men are not taught respect in any clothing circumstances.

And so who says what my mahram would do with someone holding a gun? Or against a plane crashing? Or the storm?
                            We don't travel riding a camel today (although i would love to) you know and I don"t have a Superman mahram or a pilot in my family either.

Im still sticking to the knife and martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                              No it doesn't. However, clothing may have an affect on the mind of the rapist.
                              Ok, so how a niqabi and hijabi and a burkha girl affects the mind of the rapist? There is nothing to see is there?
                              You know there are rapist who only aim at virgin and chaste girls for the fun of it, some find exciting to imagine what's under these niqabis, so the problem is not the dress code.

Comment

You are all self contradictory i don't care how the girl is dressed the point is : don't touch and that is it or "touch with your eyes" you know this is what parents tell the children in a store to avoid any damage.

It is effective with someone having common sense. Again if covering helped there would be 0% rape in Saudi Arabia for instance or Afghanistan or Pakistan which is certainly not the case. It is useless if men are not taught respect in any clothing circumstances.

And so who says what my mahram would do with someone holding a gun? Or against a plane crashing? Or the storm?
                                We don't travel riding a camel today (although i would love to) you know and I don"t have a Superman mahram or a pilot in my family either.

Im still sticking to the knife and martial arts.
                                you stick to your modern day thinking... you should be with a mahram when travelling coz that are the orders of islam.

by all means hold a gun or a knife and do your martial arts... my point wasnt for you to stop that. My point was for you to understand to stop wearing clothes that women are not permitted to wear in islam... .and to cover according to what islam says.

to be honest you can have bombs with you if you want.... thats not the point i was tryin to make... my point was that you should cover according to the islamic guidelines..... and you should stop defending people who are not covering properly.

your comments have shown that ive been speaking to a 5yr old all along. I suggest you get rid of this femanist part of your personality and to stop ridiculing the laws of islam.

Comment

Working...
                                X