Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    Yes but the onus is that Muslim women who dress in a certain way will attract a certain type of person.
    Those are skeezes, they'll usually hit on anything that moves. I had a car honk at me once... I was wearing a salwar and hijab... it was a young man who looked my age and of gulf descent. ._. I also look very young for my age.

Comment

yes women who dress in a provocative manner may attract attention, more likely then a women is coverd,

this does not equate to that she is more likely to get raped.

think about the boys from ur hood, how many will leer and shout at girls?

how many would rape them?

if a man has that desire to control and hurt and subjegate a women it has nothing to do with what shes wearing,

if he leers at her etc then it does have somehting to do with what shes wearing, also it helps if shes pushing a pushchair...

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

A serial rapist is down the road and sees one woman walking one way, another woman the other way. One is wearing hijab and an abaya, the other a short skirt and a revealing top. Now neither woman is 'asking for it', but you're telling me its 50/50 on who the rapist will choose to harass?

Another way of looking at it.. many rapists are opportunists, for eg. they have never raped before.. But when they see something that cathes their eye, they think they can get away with it.

@ Sis Naila.. Yes I'm sure rape happens in countries where woman cover aswell, this is coz the sick rapists are desperate. I'm sure the rape rate is drastically less though than non-Muslim countries where people are inappropriately dressed.
        SPREAD OF EVIL
        ZIONISM
        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Even if no one's about to get raped, who likes dirty perverts leering at them?
          "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjana View Post
            Those are skeezes, they'll usually hit on anything that moves. I had a car honk at me once... I was wearing a salwar and hijab... it was a young man who looked my age and of gulf descent. ._. I also look very young for my age.
            Get tinted Windows :)

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
              Get tinted Windows :)
              I'm sure the sister meant she was walking and the perv was in the car..
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                A serial rapist is down the road and sees one woman walking one way, another woman the other way. One is wearing hijab and an abaya, the other a short skirt and a revealing top. Now neither woman is 'asking for it', but you're telling me its 50/50 on who the rapist will choose to harass?
                That's a flawed theory, in the example you provided, the rapist will always go for the easier target. It doesn't matter how she is dressed, if a man wants to rape someone that's all he cares about. In fact, I remember hearing about a man who raped only Muslimahs because of what they were wearing. Rape is all about power and control, it has nothing to do with what one wears.
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                Surah al-Baqarah
                [2:245]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                  That's a flawed theory, in the example you provided, the rapist will always go for the easier target. It doesn't matter how she is dressed, if a man wants to rape someone that's all he cares about. In fact, I remember hearing about a man who raped only Muslimahs because of what they were wearing. Rape is all about power and control, it has nothing to do with what one wears.
                  i think that is also a flawed theory.

Those who watch peace tv will have heared this..

2 women.... one in niqaab and one in tight small skirt......and a drunk man.

who will he target honestly... at first rape may not be the first idea..... but who will he think hes got a " chance " with?..... he will hastle her... which is bad enough..... correct you are about power and control... but you cant say a women who dresses in such a manner isnt "asking for it"..... even if you tell me the girl is the most shyest, sweetest girl around.... clothing no doubt plays a role in getting attention from men....

there are other reason which you have stated which are correct, but MA makes a good point...

ps... i just read MA post fully now.. .and i see i have used same scenario lol.... but its true.
                  Last edited by QMU; 17-07-10, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
                    i think that is also a flawed theory.

Those who watch peace tv will have heared this..

2 women.... one in niqaab and one in tight small skirt......and a drunk man.

who will he target honestly... at first rape may not be the first idea..... but who will he think hes got a " chance " with?..... he will hastle her... which is bad enough..... correct you are about power and control... but you cant say a women who dresses in such a manner isnt "asking for it"..... even if you tell me the girl is the most shyest, sweetest girl around.... clothing no doubt plays a role in getting attention from men....

there are other reason which you have stated which are correct, but MA makes a good point...

ps... i just read MA post fully now.. .and i see i have used same scenario lol.... but its true.
                    I do believe that people will judge you based on what you wear and if you wear sleezy clothing, most people will think that you deserve to get harassed or you're asking to get raped. This doesn't it make it right nor does it mean they are asking for it. No one is asking to get raped, astaghfirullah. Don't get me wrong, I do believe they should cover themselves, but clothing doesn't determine whether you're asking for it or whether you'll be raped or not. Clothes don't matter to a rapist, the only thing that does is if his/her target is an easy one and one that won't tell.
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                      Clothes don't matter to a rapist
                      Thats the thing... It does.

A part in their brain gets activated when seeing something they desire. This part of the brain gets them to 'go and do it'.

Also.. I'm sure you all know this verse..

33:59
                      "O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

The bolded bit is very important. Other translations of it are..

"That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused."

"That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed."

"That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed."

"That is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested."

"That will (make) it likelier that they will be recognized and so will not be hurt."

It pretty much tells you covering will get you less harassed/annoyed/molested/hurt than not covering.
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                        Thats the thing... It does.

A part in their brain gets activated when seeing something they desire. This part of the brain gets them to 'go and do it'.

Also.. I'm sure you all know this verse..

33:59
                        "O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

The bolded bit is very important. Other translations of it are..

"That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused."

"That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed."

"That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed."

"That is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested."

"That will (make) it likelier that they will be recognized and so will not be hurt."

It pretty much tells you covering will get you less harassed/annoyed/molested/hurt than not covering.
                        it is common sense that dress matters......
                        "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                          it is common sense that dress matters......
                          Sister Sanjana already responded to that. There is a difference between being harassed and being raped.

And all this is a far cry from the very offensive statement of some brothers here that women with no hijab are "asking for it". Those ugly statements are a disgrace and an insult to islam.

It is also a deep insult to all the sisters in countries occupied by infidel armies who were raped and had there husbands killed precisely because they were muslim and wore the hijab. Don't you know what the French army did in Algeria, invading villages, killing all the men and raping all the women? Don't you know what happened in Bosnia, what is happening in Iraq?

The prophet (PBUH) always defended the oppressed against the oppressors. It is a shame that there are people in this forum who are taking the defense of rapists and other criminals.

Comment

I agree with the above. Saying that dress matters in any way means that somehow you 1) justify and 2) defend the rapist which is obviously disgusting. If clothes were a weapon against rape we would be the first to know.
                            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                              I agree with the above. Saying that dress matters in any way means that somehow you 1) justify and 2) defend the rapist which is obviously disgusting. If clothes were a weapon against rape we would be the first to know.
                              why would we justify this?... we could be talkin about our mothers, sisters, family friends and the innocent people at large.

Why would we be defending rapists?... islam is a religion of prevention and gives certain rules about dressing and how women travel to prevent this from happening.

yes clothes are a form of weapon against rape.... thus why there are less rapes in the muslim world. Not saying there arent, and dont say they arent reported, there are less rapes in the muslim world, and one of the reasons for this is because of the dress, as well as other reasons such as how a women should travel etc etc

we arent defending rapists, and they will get there punishment, for they are sinful..... ... but we are giving naseeha to women who are firstly goin against the commands of Allah , and secondly because its stated that it will keep people away from you.

May Allah protect our sisters, and give them the ability to wear the proper hijab. Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
                                why would we justify this?... we could be talkin about our mothers, sisters, family friends and the innocent people at large.

Why would we be defending rapists?... islam is a religion of prevention and gives certain rules about dressing and how women travel to prevent this from happening.

yes clothes are a form of weapon against rape.... thus why there are less rapes in the muslim world. Not saying there arent, and dont say they arent reported, there are less rapes in the muslim world, and one of the reasons for this is because of the dress, as well as other reasons such as how a women should travel etc etc

we arent defending rapists, and they will get there punishment, for they are sinful..... ... but we are giving naseeha to women who are firstly goin against the commands of Allah , and secondly because its stated that it will keep people away from you.

May Allah protect our sisters, and give them the ability to wear the proper hijab. Ameen.
                                I don't believe that anymore it might be a weapon against harassment (and yet) but, if it was a weapon against rape there would be 0% rape in Muslim countries which is very very far from being the case. What do you make of the fact that most cases of rape happen within the family circle? Uncles, fathers, FIL, etc....?
                                You want a number : 55 rapes each day in Egypt
                                Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbK653_QhcM
                                Wael Abbas filmed this with a phone. It is in French but you don't need to understand to see what happens : There is a bunch of one hundred men easy pursuing two hijabis and only one man trying to protect them.
                                Tell me if you have seen that in USA, Russia, France, UK or anywhere else

As far as i am concerned a knife and martial arts are more effective.
                                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Working...
                                X