Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

    I think it's unfair to put all the blame on the sisters. It is a responsability of the men to lower their gaze upon the presence of women. The men need to show some kind of dignity and reserve not to look upon these women with lustfull eyes. Men act as if they have no ability not to ook, to lay your eyes upon that of a woman you feel is not dressed according to Islamic standard is also your responsability to either 1 inform the sister or 2.... DON"T LOOK! Is it not also wrong of a man to judge a woman because of her dress, before he knows of her situation? remember...pull the plank from your own eye before reaching to pull the dust from anothers.

    God be with all the women who are wrongfully judged upon.

    God be with everyone, peace and blessings to all.

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

      Even if ALL the Muslim males followed the verse and lowered their gaze, the non-Muslims still would not.

      There has been much research done to do show the link between womans clothing and perverse thoughts of men, rape rates etc etc.. it all can be drastically reduced.


      Blame is on the woman for dressing like that, even if nobody sees. Blame is on the men who look.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

        Originally posted by -MA- View Post
        Even if ALL the Muslim males followed the verse and lowered their gaze, the non-Muslims still would not.

        There has been much research done to do show the link between womans clothing and perverse thoughts of men, rape rates etc etc.. it all can be drastically reduced.


        Blame is on the woman for dressing like that, even if nobody sees. Blame is on the men who look.
        EVERYONE LOOKS, everyone, the key is to learn as a man to not look...trust me...i don't look anymore, I am married, when you look and your married the wife has this crazy knee jerk reaction to go kung-fu on you and you wind up with a black eye (maybe it's only little women from India?Could be a Tamillian thing?)...see...you learn...took me going blind to learn my lesson.

        Btw, how do you do the qoute box thing? for the life of me i cant get it right?

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

          Originally posted by italianguy View Post
          I think it's unfair to put all the blame on the sisters. It is a responsability of the men to lower their gaze upon the presence of women. The men need to show some kind of dignity and reserve not to look upon these women with lustfull eyes. Men act as if they have no ability not to ook, to lay your eyes upon that of a woman you feel is not dressed according to Islamic standard is also your responsability to either 1 inform the sister or 2.... DON"T LOOK! Is it not also wrong of a man to judge a woman because of her dress, before he knows of her situation? remember...pull the plank from your own eye before reaching to pull the dust from anothers.

          God be with all the women who are wrongfully judged upon.

          God be with everyone, peace and blessings to all.
          God told the men to lower their gaze before he told women to.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

            Originally posted by -MA- View Post
            Even if ALL the Muslim males followed the verse and lowered their gaze, the non-Muslims still would not.

            There has been much research done to do show the link between womans clothing and perverse thoughts of men, rape rates etc etc.. it all can be drastically reduced.


            Blame is on the woman for dressing like that, even if nobody sees. Blame is on the men who look.
            Actually most rape is done by someone you know. And it's usually shy girls who are raped rather than the confident ones, because the rapist figure the shy one won't tell.

            Most raped also go unreported, because the girl is shy and scared, and because they know the person.

            Unless you're a girl walking alone at night, then everyone's a target.

            geez, if I got robbed no one would tell me I shouldn't have had money on me... If I got murdered no on would say it was my fault for being there or somehow angering the killer or something...why are you guys so sick and perverse as to blame women for being VICTIMS?

            Way to promote the "she was asking for it!" excuse.

            You make me sick.
            Last edited by Sanjana; 17-07-10, 05:32 AM.

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

              Originally posted by Sanjana View Post
              Actually most rape is done by someone you know. And it's usually shy girls who are raped rather than the confident ones, because the rapist figure the shy one won't tell.
              Do you have any proof for this, or is this just an opinion?

              geez, if I got robbed no one would tell me I shouldn't have had money on me... If I got murdered no on would say it was my fault for being there or somehow angering the killer or something...why are you guys so sick and perverse as to blame women for being VICTIMS?
              I would say not to wave your money around or even have it on display.

              You know there are perverse people out there, rapists and sex offenders walking around freely waiting for their next targets. We can't pretend they don't exist, or they are all locked up.

              Way to promote the "she was asking for it!" excuse.

              You make me sick.
              I'm not saying that at all sis. Allah has commanded females to cover their awra. A female who hasn't covered her awra is more likely to be targetted than a female who has.
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                if you have a cloth on your head and tight clothes, unfortunately you will only attract certain type of people who will be judging you on one thing.

                if you wear a abayah and a hijab and then expect to a) be following the commandments of Allah (swt) and b) expect those with taqwa to give you the big thumbs up and leave you alone.

                simples!!!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                  Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                  Blame the cause of the problem, not the issue that comes from it.
                  So, you mean to say: the cause of the problem is the bad thoughts and inclinations of men and the issue that comes from it is the modest dress? Do I understand you correctly?

                  Refer to Qur'an Surah 4, v28
                  How would you apply this verse in this context?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                    Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    Do you have any proof for this, or is this just an opinion?
                    Yes. Unlike you who are connecting the example of men ogling to rape statistics, I do. Yes men stare at skin they do not ordinarily see on women, that is fact but that does not mean they rape women. At normal, men who ogle chase women, and maybe harass at most.

                    Rape is entirely different.

                    Rape is about power.

                    That's why old women get raped. That is why nuns, niqabis, and women in burka get raped. That's why children get raped --and contrary to popular belief, most child rapists aren't pedophiles. I’ll go ahead provide the backing for that before you ask:

                    Child Molester:

                    A person whether attracted or not to children that go rape and molest children. This term, is not to be confused by Pedophile. Yes there are podophiles who molest, but in majority, a molester is not a pedophile. It has been shown that about 80 to 90% of child molestation has been done my people which hasnt have any attraction to children in the first place.
                    Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=child+rapist Emphasis mine.

                    As per the proof you requested:

                    Contrary to widespread belief, rape outdoors is rare. Over two thirds of all rapes occur in someone's home. 30.9% occur in the perpetrators' homes, 26.6% in the victims' homes and 10.1% in homes shared by the victim and perpetrator. 7.2% occur at parties, 7.2% in vehicles, 3.6% outdoors and 2.2% in bars.[7] From 2000-2005, 59% of rapes were not reported to law enforcement.[71][72] One factor relating to this is misconception that most rapes are committed by strangers.[73] In reality, studies indicate the following, widely varying, numbers:

                    Source: Current or Former Intimate Partner Another Relative Friend or Acquaintance Stranger
                    US Bureau of Justice Statistics 26% 7% 38% 26%
                    Australian Government Statistics[74] 56% 10% 27% 8%
                    UK Home Office (for comparison)[75] 45.4% 13.9% 29.6% 11%
                    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

                    Rape is forced, unwanted sexual intercourse. Rape, sometimes also called sexual assault, can happen to both men and women of any age.


                    Rape is about power, not sex. A rapist uses actual force or violence — or the threat of it — to take control over another human being. Some rapists use drugs to take away a person's ability to fight back. Rape is a crime, whether the person committing it is a stranger, a date, an acquaintance, or a family member.

                    No matter how it happened, rape is frightening and traumatizing. People who have been raped need care, comfort, and a way to heal.
                    Source: http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/sa...hat_to_do.html Emphasis mine.

                    And to assent the last sentence from above quote: those victims don't need you or anyone adding pounds of salt to a gaping open wound, complete with puss and overflowing blood and tears.

                    What a woman wears certainly has something to do with men looking at them. Although in Europe and America it depends on what type of clothing you're wearing, more so than the amount of skin on display --and most Western men really don't stare, they're taught that staring is rude, unlike in "Muslim" countries. Unless the girl is in a halter top with pink fishnets stockings and clown makeup and well, obviously heading to club, men typically don't approach. Unless it's al social gatherings, even then it's pretty tame. Nevertheless, these men's approach is to get together with that women, no one reads it as “rape me” unless they’re sick.

                    Rape has nothing to do with how much skin a women shows, at least not in the way you're suggesting. Rapists set their sights on meek girls, girls they know, girls who give off the vibe of being naive, shy, quiet... they ordinarily steer away from the confident and strong women --and it's usually those women that show more skin, wear things "provocative". Except when the rapist somehow figures that, he can use the "Look at what she's wearing!" to his advantage, only in certain cases.

                    Rapists prey on girls they know, because of the emotional connotations. The girl is either conflicted with reporting say, a family member, a friend, a family friend, whatever. Or she’s scared. Or she somehow thinks it’s her fault (but you’d like that, wouldn’t you?). There are multitudes of reasons.

                    It’s a myth that it’s due to what the woman wears, and men somehow can’t control themselves from cornering a woman who is begging, pleading, no, no, I don’t want this! or submitting and playing dead. It is only what sick men think they can get away with.

                    Men don't do it because they can't control themselves, men do it because they can, and because they can get away with it, and because people like you excuse them.

                    Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    I would say not to wave your money around or even have it on display.
                    ... Wow. I’m not even sure I want to dignify that with a response.

                    But okay, for the sake of the rest of my post, I’ll bite, I'll be brief: Money =/= women. Women =/= commodities. Moreover, theft isn’t for just money, it’s theft of anything –your car, your hat, your cell phone, your child (little Tommy needs his fresh air). So, nice try.

                    Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    You know there are perverse people out there, rapists and sex offenders walking around freely waiting for their next targets. We can't pretend they don't exist, or they are all locked up.
                    There are child molesters walking around, there are serial killers, murderers, and rapists. There are a lot of sick people in this world and hell yes, we can’t stop them. What we can do is stop blaming rape victims of somehow bringing it upon themselves because no matter what drivel is used to excuse the perpetrators, it doesn’t excuse the crime. Not even one iota.

                    What we can and should do, as a Muslim, and as a human being, is support the victim -- because most of them already blame themselves for something that wasn't their fault.

                    Umar (RA) put his own son to death for raping a woman. Another woman had to have sex with a man so he could give her some water to live –Muhammad (SA) called that rape. So don’t you go bringing your sick reasoning into the rulings of the prophet (SA) and the sahaba --don’t you dare insult them.

                    Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    I'm not saying that at all sis. Allah has commanded females to cover their awra. A female who hasn't covered her awra is more likely to be targetted than a female who has.
                    But you are. The moment you insinuate that what a woman wears encourages rape, you are saying “She was asking for it.” Don’t be the people who go “I’m not racist but [insert racist comment]”.

                    Allah commanded men to lower their gaze before he asked women to cover. Covering was a sign of high status, of free women –Christian and Jewish women did this as well. Free women; slave women weren’t allowed to cover under the ruling of Umar (RA). And I don’t believe that slave women were to be raped by any frickin one –God a lot of them were married to slave men –unless you do believe that, in which case I've got nothing to say.
                    Last edited by Sanjana; 17-07-10, 01:19 PM. Reason: because I don't proofread enough shush

                    Comment


                    • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                      Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                      if you have a cloth on your head and tight clothes, unfortunately you will only attract certain type of people who will be judging you on one thing.

                      if you wear a abayah and a hijab and then expect to a) be following the commandments of Allah (swt) and b) expect those with taqwa to give you the big thumbs up and leave you alone.

                      simples!!!
                      But brother, those with taqwa would leave any women alone -regardless of what she wears. :scratch:

                      Comment


                      • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                        Wow great post... Full of opinions and rudeness towards me...

                        I will reply later.

                        Just know, I only go by Qur'an, Sunnah and what certain respected scholars say.


                        Do you agree that a woman who is not covering her awrah and has her beauty on display, is more likely to be harassed/raped than a woman who is covering what Allah commanded her to cover?
                        SPREAD OF EVIL
                        ZIONISM
                        BOLLYWOOD

                        Comment


                        • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                          Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                          Wow great post... Full of opinions and rudeness towards me...
                          Thank you. -sigh- You know, I honestly can't find it within myself to care if I come off rude to you at this point because what you said can make a raped woman feel like she's dying. Over and over again.

                          Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                          I will reply later.
                          If you want. To be honest, I don't want to debate with you; I want to stand up for victims and I believe I've given evidence that you can't throw away... and I'm tired.

                          Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                          Just know, I only go by Qur'an, Sunnah and what certain respected scholars say.
                          -blink-

                          But... you began the trigger post with reference to some statistics about men ogling.

                          I don't know, so are you claiming what happens in the World, the facts, people's experiences, blahblahblah aren't creations of Allah? That they are not valid sources, or are they only valid when they seem to suit your point?

                          Besides which, I did provide some evidence from narrations, but I digress.

                          Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                          Do you agree that a woman who is not covering her awrah and has her beauty on display, is more likely to be harassed/raped than a woman who is covering what Allah commanded her to cover?
                          No, I don't. I just went over that twice, the second time with supporting arguments and sources as you requested. Why did you ask for proof if you didn't want it?

                          Anyways...

                          belated tldr; Rapists go after girls they know, girls in their vicinity, girls who are shy and won't tell. Shy girls usually dress modestly. e_e And there are serial rapists who target specifically hijabi girls. Chew on that.
                          Last edited by Sanjana; 17-07-10, 02:52 PM. Reason: Making sure my text tone sounds doesn't sound snappy, cuz it ain't.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                            i think that the sister is saying that a women not covering might be more likely to get harassed but doesnt equate more likely to get raped?

                            most men have that boundary they wont cross.

                            Also in places where all women cover there are still rapes.

                            Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                            (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

                            Comment


                            • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                              Originally posted by Sanjana View Post
                              But brother, those with taqwa would leave any women alone -regardless of what she wears. :scratch:
                              Yes but the onus is that Muslim women who dress in a certain way will attract a certain type of person.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

                                Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                                i think that the sister is saying that a women not covering might be more likely to get harassed but doesnt equate more likely to get raped?

                                most men have that boundary they wont cross.

                                Also in places where all women cover there are still rapes.
                                Yes, that is it. :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X