X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    asking for it? wow.....

Is it ok for Muslim men to treat sisters differntly according to what they wear?
    what if the men are non Muslim and don't give a damn about Muslim women?

if a Muslim women knowing it is haraam to wear skin tight clothes and she still does, and a non Muslim gazed at her and approaches her with nasty comments or harrasses her, she is asking for it.......
    regardless of how wrong those men were but she also takes part of the blame, it is common sense...
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

wearing jilbaab and niqaab doesnt stop non muslim men from commenting at you, infact in a lot of situations it makes it worse. I am talking about us as muslims and our behaviour towards each other and the respect we have for women, and how we help those within our ummah who have lost their way and have not been fortunate enough to be raised in an enviroment in which they are taught value of hijab, and how we help them realise the beauty of hijab, and how we help these sisters find esteem from within themselves rather then from the reactions of those around them.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

still, she is asking for trouble.....because it is common sense if you wear skin tight clothes and a headscarf means you know men will gaze and that you might get in trouble (not you but you know what i mean)

replying to naila
        "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

if a Muslim women knowing it is haraam to wear skin tight clothes and she still does, and a non Muslim gazed at her and approaches her with nasty comments or harrasses her, she is asking for it.......
          regardless of how wrong those men were but she also takes part of the blame, it is common sense...
          This is an important thing he mentioned here, the woman who dresses incorrectly apart from getting a sin for that, she will also get the sin of all those people who look at her too (without their sin decreasing).

There's a hadeeth which talks about people that when they're seen they remind you of Allaah, if someone is dressed unislaamically then how can such a person remind you of Allaah? Apart from making you say "astaghfirullaah :asta:", or unless you're of the kind that says "Subhaanallaah, Maa-Shaa Allaah, In-Shaa Allaah :D"

That hadeeth applies to both what is apparent and what is inside a person, so don't think i'm saying it only refers to a persons clothing.

And tayyiboon was correct when he corrected the wrong usage of that hadeeth which talks of Allaah not looking at a persons appearance, that hadeeth refers to physical appearance, whether you're white or black, whether you're tonk or pugly, whether you have buck teeth or blue gums, those things Allaah does not look at, but your clothing is definitely looked at by Allaah.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

yeah tayiboon i agree with you, they are asking for it, and thats the whole problem, they dont have esteem and self confidence, they are raised in a culture, family enviroment, and society in which they gain their esteem from the reactions from those around them, and how they dress and talk and laugh loud causes those reactions, these girls are empty inside, they are looking for something, they think it is love, affection, acceptance, belonging, but it is Allah. They cant do the things that truly make them content because it is something unheard of in their family.

For example I couldnt have got married at 16, my family would have thought i was crazy.

SO anyway when they interact with a person, who is not affected by the way they dress, or act or talk, and doesnt fall for any of those games and manipulations, and womanly wiles that it has become second nature to her to play, and doesnt worry about her clothes negatively or positively, but still seems to care about her as a sister in Islam fisabillah, or care for her as a women as you know she is someones sister and daughter, a person who has so much respect for her that they lower their gaze, wont shake her hand, keeps their distance, doesnt want anything from her, then it makes them stop and think, what is better? me being liked and respected for my body and how many men i know, or being respected for myself, and that helps them gain self respect and decide to change.

However if you dont care about those who are lost and have strayed in this ummah and how to help them, then ignore my post.

Comment

Avoid the seven noxious things.(1) Associating anything with God, (2) magic,(3) killing one whom God has declared inviolate without a just cause, (4) devouring usury, (5) consuming the property of an orphan, running back from the battlefield and, (7) slandering chaste women who are believers but indiscreet. (Bukhari, Muslim)

Comment

why dont you get them together at a Muslim women only conference before Ramadhan and tell them what you just told us? you never know the amount of them that will actully listen to you.

we done the same thing, and you wouldnt believe how many sisters came forward saying that we didnt know better and change their clothing to the right Islamic Hijaab.:up:
                “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Avoid the seven noxious things.(1) Associating anything with God, (2) magic,(3) killing one whom God has declared inviolate without a just cause, (4) devouring usury, (5) consuming the property of an orphan, running back from the battlefield and, (7) slandering chaste women who are believers but indiscreet. (Bukhari, Muslim)
                  What does the underlined portion mean?

I know the hadeeth in arabic, but i don't understand what that underlined part is trying to say.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

i dont know, i just thought it was relevant and i was sure one of you was gonna explain...

Comment

i dont know, i just thought it was relevant and i was sure one of you was gonna explain...
                      Okay then, i won't comment on that underlined part because you know how these translations are, most of them aren't accurate.

The hadeeth mentions "qadhful muhsanaatil ghaafilaat" which is falsely accusing a chaste woman of having committed zinaa.

And it is the part "ghaafilaat" which they have translated to be that underlined part, but ghaafilaat literally means "unaware", meaning that she is unaware and not guilty of the false accusations leveled against her of having committed zinaa.

That is what the hadeeth means, so it wouldn't be relevant to the topic because no one is being accused of having committed zinaa.

Wallaahu A'lam.

Comment

so it means accusing a women of having commited zina behind her back?

Comment

Comment

Yes, and the same will apply if she knows of their accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
                              Hijaabs with tight clothes - I still feel attracted to them if they're making an effort to please the eye by wearing well matched fashionable and figure hugging clothes with that, "i'm a muslim, but i'm wild inside" look going on.

There has been an influx of iranian/turkish muslims who dress just like the above.

I can't say the same for a women in a loose fitting Abaya, usually my heart says - protect her, gaze down, be respectful around her.

Thankfully, I never act on the bad stuff.
                              The question boils down to: is the problem the muslim sisters' dress or is the problem your bad thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kallikles View Post
                                The question boils down to: is the problem the muslim sisters' dress or is the problem your bad thoughts?
                                Blame the cause of the problem, not the issue that comes from it.

Refer to Qur'an Surah 4, v28
                                SPREAD OF EVIL
                                ZIONISM
                                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                                X