Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

^ *shudders* erm you may be innocent in saying what you did, but you'd be better off editing your post cos it's not very tactful or tasteful :|

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
      ^ *shudders* erm you may be innocent in saying what you did, but you'd be better off editing your post cos it's not very tactful or tasteful :|
      I'm fully aware I wasn't tactful or tasteful, but my intention was to be as brutally honest as possible. By highlighting the true nature of a mans nafs maybe some sisters will see the importance if they do not already of wearing the correct islamic dress.

Comment

We werent all born practicing, it took some of us time to come to the Deen, whether we were in muslim families or not.

I can honestly say that for a women that is used to manipulating men by her appearance and getting reactions by how she looks and is dressed, and acts in a flirty manner that when a man comes along that treats her in a different way, doesnt flirt, gives her respect, doesnt stare, doesnt want anything form her, doesnt engage in crude or unneccessary talk, but at the same time is genuinely concerned about her, then this makes her question her whole outlook on life.

That women is still someones sister and daughter and mother, and I hate the fact that some muslim men think its ok to objectify them as they dont have resoect for themselves. Its like dont you care about the society you are in and the ummah? you can help her have respect for herself by just showing her what it means to be treated as a muslim women. But if you dont care about her as your sister in Islam who is lost and in need of guidance, and choose to only care about those who are already guided, then remember that you dont know the state at which you are going to die in.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          That women is still someones sister and daughter and mother, and I hate the fact that some muslim men think its ok to objectify them as they dont have resoect for themselves. Its like dont you care about the society you are in and the ummah? you can help her have respect for herself by just showing her what it means to be treated as a muslim women. But if you dont care about her as your sister in Islam who is lost and in need of guidance, and choose to only care about those who are already guided, then remember that you dont know the state at which you are going to die in.
          MASHA'ALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!Right on!
          "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
          Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
            I also think that it's pretty hypocritical and very ignorant to speak as you do, especially when you know and admit that the exterior is a mirror of the interior.

Oh so are you now advising us to approach random women on the street to chat them up? Women, you can never satisfy them
            I think you missed the point entirely If you want to address the exterior then address the inside first! And I didn't encourage anyone (especially brothers) to approach random women in the street, my point was if you can come online and write huge rants about these women (who you obviosuly were watching/ looking at to know exactly what they are wearing and how it hugs their figures) then have the guts to say it to someones face and not behind their backs. If you can't or won't do that then don't do it here either!
            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

We werent all born practicing, it took some of us time to come to the Deen, whether we were in muslim families or not.

I can honestly say that for a women that is used to manipulating men by her appearance and getting reactions by how she looks and is dressed, and acts in a flirty manner that when a man comes along that treats her in a different way, doesnt flirt, gives her respect, doesnt stare, doesnt want anything form her, doesnt engage in crude or unneccessary talk, but at the same time is genuinely concerned about her, then this makes her question her whole outlook on life.

It appears your suggesting brother's should talk to non-mahram sisters. NOT CORRECT! - I understand what you are saying, but it should be fellow sisters that give dawah to the misguided sisters.

Comment

i think you misunderstand me, you dont have to talk to a sister to be treating her in a way, you can do it through your actions.

Living in this society I interact with men such as the shop keeper, busdriver, cab driver, guy at the bank, post man, my brother in laws if they answer the phone when i ring, i i nteract with the guy who walks past me on the street, the guy who holds open the door for me so i can get the pushchair in the shop, the guy who moves out of the way on the bus, helps me take my pushchair on/off the bus, asks others to give me way, gets up from his seat when he sees a pregnant women, the guy i pass when walking down the street,

Interaction is everywhere, it doesnt have to involve speaking to that person, it involves having care and consideration for that person while lowering your gaze. Showing her what it measn to be treated like a muslim women, "sister let me help you take your pushchair up the steps" without wanting anything from her, flirting, even looking at her, just concern when you see her struggling, without any other interaction. How hard is it?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

i think for many sisters it, a transition phase between no hijab to proper hijab.

you can't expect sisters to go from no hijab to niqab overnight (although some sisters do mashaAllah)

it's better than no hijab at all at the end of the day.
                  Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                  http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                  Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                  Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

i think you misunderstand me, you dont have to talk to a sister to be treating her in a way, you can do it through your actions.

Living in this society I interact with men such as the shop keeper, busdriver, cab driver, guy at the bank, post man, my brother in laws if they answer the phone when i ring, i i nteract with the guy who walks past me on the street, the guy who holds open the door for me so i can get the pushchair in the shop, the guy who moves out of the way on the bus, helps me take my pushchair on/off the bus, asks others to give me way, gets up from his seat when he sees a pregnant women, the guy i pass when walking down the street,

Interaction is everywhere, it doesnt have to involve speaking to that person, it involves having care and consideration for that person while lowering your gaze. Showing her what it measn to be treated like a muslim women, "sister let me help you take your pushchair up the steps" without wanting anything from her, flirting, even looking at her, just concern when you see her struggling, without any other interaction. How hard is it?
                    Alhamdullilah, now I understand. In all honesty i'm very much as you've described a brother should/could be, but my good actions are usually spent on non-muslims, as their are few muslim sisters that I see catching the bus, most of them get driven around.

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
                      i think for many sisters it, a transition phase between no hijab to proper hijab.

you can't expect sisters to go from no hijab to niqab overnight (although some sisters do mashaAllah)

it's better than no hijab at all at the end of the day.
                      I wonder if it is better than no hijab - is it better for the youth to have mixed interpretations of what they are supposed to dress like as muslims?, does this not cause hyprocrisy and falsehood to flourish? I would say it causes the youth to make their Islam fit around their lives, rather than realise it's importance.

Comment

Hijab is not something a woman wears first and foremostly for 'society' or for how they will judge her ie: wear proper hijab and niqaab or wear hijab with figure hugging mini skirt She wears it for herself and for her personal development. Whether or not you like or don't like what you see, end of the day it is her personal path she is taking, only she knows what level she is at, only she knows her personal circumstance and only she knows when she is ready to take the next step.

So end of the day it doesn't really matter what other people stereotype her as, and nor should you have any right to do so either.
                        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                          Hijab is not something a woman wears first and foremostly for 'society' or for how they will judge her ie: wear proper hijab and niqaab or wear hijab with figure hugging mini skirt She wears it for herself and for her personal development. Whether or not you like or don't like what you see, end of the day it is her personal path she is taking, only she knows what level she is at, only she knows her personal circumstance and only she knows when she is ready to take the next step.

So end of the day it doesn't really matter what other people stereotype her as, and nor should you have any right to do so either.
                          Can you explain that to me? I can't relate to it so i don't understand it, how do these levels and steps work? And what are some of the reasons why people do not dress themselves properly?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

i've not read all the replies, but this is something i have seen too and something which always makes me go

HOWEVER, we should not be too quick to judge the sisters or to look down upon them or to think that they are less practising than us, because it is only Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala who knows what is in our hearts.

When i came in to Islam, i still had traits of jahilliyah endorsed in my mind, and i foolishly thought that as long as i covered my head, i was free to wear what i wished to wear.

Did anyone ever tell me that this is not hijaab? No.

I would see the sisters look and maybe think 'what is she wearing' but did they ever take me on the side and politely say to me 'sister, this is not hijaab'. No.

More like it, the sisters would ask me 'where did you get that from'!! Subhan'Allah.

So first and foremost, if we see a sister dressed in a manner which is not suitable for a mu'minah, then what are we doing about it? Yes, we cannot go up to every single sister and advice them (and i am speaking to the sisters) but sometimes these sisters need a bit of educating, they need to understand the true purpose of hijaab and the true meaning of hijaab.

Once somebody gave me da'wah about hijaab and only then did i realise my ignorance. Wallahi when i came into islaam, i truly thought a khimaar is sufficient but when i was given da'wah that is when i realised my mistake.

Sometimes the sisters think that the hijaab is a fashion accessory, but sometimes, they truly think that the hijaab is a khimaar, and nothing else matters, khalaas. This is why sometimes before we look down upon others or think the worse, we must first politely inform them, advice them and pray that Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala guides them
                            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                              assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

i've not read all the replies, but this is something i have seen too and something which always makes me go

HOWEVER, we should not be too quick to judge the sisters or to look down upon them or to think that they are less practising than us, because it is only Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala who knows what is in our hearts.

When i came in to Islam, i still had traits of jahilliyah endorsed in my mind, and i foolishly thought that as long as i covered my head, i was free to wear what i wished to wear.

Did anyone ever tell me that this is not hijaab? No.

I would see the sisters look and maybe think 'what is she wearing' but did they ever take me on the side and politely say to me 'sister, this is not hijaab'. No.

More like it, the sisters would ask me 'where did you get that from'!! Subhan'Allah.

So first and foremost, if we see a sister dressed in a manner which is not suitable for a mu'minah, then what are we doing about it? Yes, we cannot go up to every single sister and advice them (and i am speaking to the sisters) but sometimes these sisters need a bit of educating, they need to understand the true purpose of hijaab and the true meaning of hijaab.

Once somebody gave me da'wah about hijaab and only then did i realise my ignorance. Wallahi when i came into islaam, i truly thought a khimaar is sufficient but when i was given da'wah that is when i realised my mistake.

Sometimes the sisters think that the hijaab is a fashion accessory, but sometimes, they truly think that the hijaab is a khimaar, and nothing else matters, khalaas. This is why sometimes before we look down upon others or think the worse, we must first politely inform them, advice them and pray that Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala guides them
                              well said
                              "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
                                I wonder if it is better than no hijab - is it better for the youth to have mixed interpretations of what they are supposed to dress like as muslims?, does this not cause hyprocrisy and falsehood to flourish? I would say it causes the youth to make their Islam fit around their lives, rather than realise it's importance.
                                What are you on about hypocrisy and falsehood flourishing it is clearly better to have your at least your head covered even if you are (wrongly) not covering your body properly, rather than having your hair out along with the rest of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X