Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes :rubeyes:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

Jazallah Khair for some of the Feed backs and Inshallah i will take them into Consideration. The First thing I will Do is have a woman dawah group and Go around Talk to these women Inshallah.

Comment

Originally posted by sum5 View Post
      This is one problem they we are facing now as an Ummah not one culture/race is free from this. It's best we do not pinpoint races out.

Make dua for them Hijab is not an easy thing and many actually do not know the rules of hijab. Parents just hand it to them at 15 and excpect them to be happy wearing it. Alhumdulilah a lot of dawah and sabr Insha'Allah things will change. We really shouldn't be so judgemental.
      Exactly wat sum5 said:up: its actually common within the somali community for the mothers to just hand the hijab over to their daughters without explaining to them wat its actually about, it wasnt until i was in gr.7 and was in islamic school that i learnt about why we should wear it, thats not right, parents should explain to their daughters the importance of hijab inshallah:up:

Originally posted by Nafisa09 View Post
      Jazallah Khair for some of the Feed backs and Inshallah i will take them into Consideration. The First thing I will Do is have a woman dawah group and Go around Talk to these women Inshallah.
      a sisters dawah group would be perfect, a way for the sisters to get together and learn the deen while having fun at the same time:up:
      Inshallah just be kind with them and dont be so harsh, im sure they dont really know the correct way, so inshallah just teach them it
      ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

Or maybe invite a female speaker in to talk about hijab? Thats if you dont want them to feel like your jumping down their throats, then its kinda like an outsider giving advice?
        Patience...

Comment

i know it is difficult but try befriending them, then talking to them in the nicest way possible, give them dawah....may Allah make them proper Hijabis at your hand....
          "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
            i know it is difficult but try befriending them, then talking to them in the nicest way possible, give them dawah....may Allah make them proper Hijabis at your hand....
            Masha'Allah. It's not difficult they are our sisters in Islam there will always be something to talk about Insha'Allah. Most people haven't wore hijab from a young age so I think most of us have been in there situation of no hijab I have as a revert.
            And to Allah belong the soldiers of the heavens and the earth, and ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. [And] that He may admit the believing men and the believing women to gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally and remove from them their misdeeds - and ever is that, in the sight of Allah , a great attainment.

Surah Fatĥ 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
              cultural muslims will never get along with practising muslims it will always be like that. Arrogance is the biggest obstacle, and it was Arrogance/Pride which caused Shaytaan and his followers to go to Hell.
              huh? I don't blame them fully, I actually used to believe that the headscarf was the proper hijab, and until all the muslim girls in my town wore abaya out of nowhere, I didn't realise that.
              A lot of people feel proud of themselves for wearing the headscarf cos they think its islamic.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                huh? I don't blame them fully, I actually used to believe that the headscarf was the proper hijab, and until all the muslim girls in my town wore abaya out of nowhere, I didn't realise that.
                A lot of people feel proud of themselves for wearing the headscarf cos they think its islamic.
                In my 'culture'... Woman put their headscarves on when Qur'an is recited, adhan is called, or someone with a beard and tupee is around. The headcovering does not even fully cover the hair or ears.
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                  In a society where talk in now cheap, our actions definitely speak louder than words. :)

Tony Blair atleast was right when he said "Education, Education, Education".

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    In my 'culture'... Woman put their headscarves on when Qur'an is recited, adhan is called, or someone with a beard and tupee is around. The headcovering does not even fully cover the hair or ears.
                    Lol my mum likes to put her hand on her head to cover her hair when adhan comes on and she can't find a scarf, or even better a tissue :rotfl:

Comment

Whats worse is seeing a hijabi sis with a bunch of guys that u know arent her mahrams at school and university but they are just her "friends".
                      GoNe...

Comment

Why is everyone attacking the thread starter? :scratch:

Some of you jumped so quickly on the defensive without reading the thread that you think the OP is a female and you're telling her to lower her gaze since you think she's a brother *Roll Eyes*

Okay fine this is an issue which has been covered time and again on the forum, and it's something which is a sore spot for some of you, but it doesn't change the fact that what the OP said is true, if you are a person who dresses that way then this thread will serve as a reminder to you, and if you know people who dress like that or if your friends dress like that then it will serve as a reminder to you that you should try and correct them since you are their friend, and yes the OP too should make an effort to tell those women too.

But it shouldn't be like this where everyone starts attacking her and implying that she thinks she's holier than thou etc.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I personally think it is very hypocritical and ignorant to judge based on an outward appearance. The exterior only reflects when is on the inside, so address the soul and inshaallah the change inside will reflect on the outside! Also there are many people who come here online and rant about women and their dress however would be too chicken to ever go up to a woman dressed like so on the street and engage in conversation, so if you are one of them its better to keep your thoughts to yourself thank you!
                          What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                          Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                          Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                          but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                          but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                          We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                          freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                          Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                          and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                          Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                            I personally think it is very hypocritical and ignorant to judge based on an outward appearance. The exterior only reflects when is on the inside, so address the soul and inshaallah the change inside will reflect on the outside! Also there are many people who come here online and rant about women and their dress however would be too chicken to ever go up to a woman dressed like so on the street and engage in conversation, so if you are one of them its better to keep your thoughts to yourself thank you!
                            a very spiritual answer you gave there.

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                              I also think that it's pretty hypocritical and very ignorant to speak as you do, especially when you know and admit that the exterior is a mirror of the interior.

Oh so are you now advising us to approach random women on the street to chat them up? Women, you can never satisfy them

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Hijaabs with tight clothes - I still feel attracted to them if they're making an effort to please the eye by wearing well matched fashionable and figure hugging clothes with that, "i'm a muslim, but i'm wild inside" look going on.

There has been an influx of iranian/turkish muslims who dress just like the above.

I can't say the same for a women in a loose fitting Abaya, usually my heart says - protect her, gaze down, be respectful around her.

Thankfully, I never act on the bad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X