• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..wadi..
    replied
    Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
    in the UK, quite a few somali girls wanna dress like black carrabean women, its very common. that the new western fashion
    yeh! its those 'black carrabean(lol) women'! they set the trends in 'western fashion'...

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

cultural muslims will never get along with practising muslims it will always be like that. Arrogance is the biggest obstacle, and it was Arrogance/Pride which caused Shaytaan and his followers to go to Hell.

Leave a comment:

• imported_MMS
    replied

init tho im soo not like one of them mashaAllah im proper holy moly, i feel disgusted when i see them like in comparison to me they look so trashy n im like so decent and pure and pious mashaAllah

Leave a comment:

• sum5
    replied

This is one problem they we are facing now as an Ummah not one culture/race is free from this. It's best we do not pinpoint races out.

Make dua for them Hijab is not an easy thing and many actually do not know the rules of hijab. Parents just hand it to them at 15 and excpect them to be happy wearing it. Alhumdulilah a lot of dawah and sabr Insha'Allah things will change. We really shouldn't be so judgemental.
    Last edited by sum5; 10-07-10, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brotherpearl44uk
    replied

in the UK, quite a few somali girls wanna dress like black carrabean women, its very common. that the new western fashion

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

Exactly Sort It Out Direct And Give Them Dawah If They Dont Listen Make Duaa.

After That They Are Accountable For Their Own Actions. Then Concentrate On Your Seld If They Dont Listen.

Buh To Make A Thread And Saying Tis Disgusting Isnt Gonna Benfit You Or Them Or Even Us

Leave a comment:

• Rouz
    replied

Sis i think we have alot of threads on this topic, but i think your new to the forum so your excused :)

Quite often its because they dont realise its wrong, im sure many sisters on this forum once upon a time were in that situation, because they simply didnt know

link to a leaflet

Leave a comment:

• mujhadia
    replied

no, these women do understand what hijab is. they just choose to ignore this in practise. and i bet they dont like being preached to either, so let them make their own mistakes and lower your gaze.

Leave a comment:

• dawud_uk
    replied

assalaamu alaykum,

a serious problem affecting every muslim community to some degree, may Allah swt guide them.

Link - The Islamic Standard - What is or isn't Hijab?

Leave a comment:

• 1MuslimByChoice
    replied

I think they don't know what hijab actually is. even within the Somali community it's just something they are told to do out of pressure and for their parents.

Tis lack of knowledge and why is it the marriage section lol

Leave a comment:

• shazj
    replied

And to add to the above, if you cannot speak to them directly, make du'a for them to receive hidayat.

Leave a comment:

• Reflection09
    replied

If you have a problem with someone then address them directly instead of going to a third party just to talk about them and btw why did you put this in the marriage section?

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Not another thread on this

No benefit comes from endless discussions on how wrong they are, if you want to help go up to them and tell them the correct way of dressing, they may be unaware. It happens here all the time people just love to talk about it but not do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• AbuQudamah
    replied

It is not a problem exclusive to Texas I'm afraid. It's prevalent everywhere but admittedly it is much more accentuated here in the West.

I've even seen abaaya wearing sisters with so much make-up on their face it rivals the colourfulness of the rainbow.

So we have a problem here and as easy as it is to share stories of what we've seen and how appalled we are, it is much more productive and fruitful to try and find a solution bitnillah.

Have you tried making dua for them? Perhaps collate all their emails under the pretext of organising an event and send out a mass email on the benefits of hayaa and modesty? Befriend a few of the skinny jeans sisters and give them some long-term dawah? .....

Something to think about insha'Allah.

AQ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X