X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahmeduk
    replied
    Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

I agree, the best thing to do in this situation (if you cant advise them directly) is make dua that Allah opens their eyes for them and allows themn to see and correct the error of their ways.

Leave a comment:

• Macchiato
    replied

Leave a comment:

• naila-k
    replied

asking for it? wow.....

Is it ok for Muslim men to treat sisters differntly according to what they wear?

did The sahabah or the Prophet sas treat non muslim women different from muslim women he met?

Did you read my post about how a women who is used to using her outward appearance and alluring men, if she gets respect from a man it can change her whole outlook?

DO you disagree with the concept of dawah through your actions?

Leave a comment:

• shazj
    replied

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
    no but giving deeds no importance at all is also wrong and again you misunderstood the Hadith completely.....

no one is saying we should start judging people by their appearance but their appearance is part of who they are......a skin tight hijabi (after knowing it is wrong to wear such clothing) is not doing a good job of representing Islam, she should not complain if she gets harrassed by men or be gazed at because she is asking for it....
    I agree..also just to add to the above, our outer appearance does count for something since both men and women have a specified way to dress; from the jilbab to the garments above the ankles(for men) to the beard and the hijab..if they were not important, these rules would not exist. I agree that we should not judge an individual based on their outer appearance but if one does judge, then one should take that opportunity to go upto the person they believe is not adhering to the correct dress code and put them right. This way, atleast something could potentially come of it inshaa'Allah.

Leave a comment:

• tayyiboon
    replied

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
    You misunderstood me. Of course it's a deed and of course it's compulsory.....but it is not the be and end all. There is more to a Muslim than how they dress. Assuming that someone who doesn't wear the headscarf or who wears tight outfits is a BAD Muslim is wrong. They might be more of a Muslim than we are - only Allah knows the contents of our hearts and the scale of our sins and deeds. The difference is that society teaches us to judge people by their outer appear so we instinctively assume the worst from a person who doesn't wear the correct Islamic attire. Instead of pointing fingers at them, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and help them...teach them.....and treat them as our brothers and sisters....instead of an outsider or a bad Muslim.
    no but giving deeds no importance at all is also wrong and again you misunderstood the Hadith completely.....

no one is saying we should start judging people by their appearance but their appearance is part of who they are......a skin tight hijabi (after knowing it is wrong to wear such clothing) is not doing a good job of representing Islam, she should not complain if she gets harrassed by men or be gazed at because she is asking for it....

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
    how is it? its just as bad if not worse, cause you're misrepresenting islam

its like sayin someone in a bikini and hijab is better than some in just a bikini, the hijab wearer wouldn't get any reward cause they're not observing the whole hijab properly
    Erm no because the purpose of hijab is not to 'represent' islam the purpose of hijab is to cover the person wearing it.

And there is a huge difference between wearing a bikini and wearing tight clothing without showing skin. I don't see what your point is and why you're talking of a situation which has never occurred in real life.

Plus it's not up to you to say whether someone is getting reward or not, that's up to Allah swt alone and they will get rewarded for whatever little they do so please stop making comments like that.

Leave a comment:

• italianguy
    replied

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    at the end of the day im sure you get skinny fit hijabis who pray 5x every day and you get niqaabis who hardly pray at all,
    I can vouch for that!

Leave a comment:

• italianguy
    replied

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    ^^

I like u already :p
    Grazie! I like you too..actually I like everyone. I am just a jolly fella.

Leave a comment:

• aadil77
    replied

Originally posted by x--x View Post
    What are you on about hypocrisy and falsehood flourishing it is clearly better to have your at least your head covered even if you are (wrongly) not covering your body properly, rather than having your hair out along with the rest of it.
    how is it? its just as bad if not worse, cause you're misrepresenting islam

its like sayin someone in a bikini and hijab is better than some in just a bikini, the hijab wearer wouldn't get any reward cause they're not observing the whole hijab properly

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    the outside hardley reflects the inside IMHO because it can either mean they have an immense love for islam, or that they are a sheep in wolves clothing.

a turban beardo with horrible manners is a sheep in wolves clothing.

and Allah also revealed in the Qur'an 2 traits of the munafaqeen, them being that they please you with their dress and talk. in other words, they are POSERS!
    :up:

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

the outside hardley reflects the inside IMHO because it can either mean they have an immense love for islam, or that they are a sheep in wolves clothing.

a turban beardo with horrible manners is a sheep in wolves clothing.

and Allah also revealed in the Qur'an 2 traits of the munafaqeen, them being that they please you with their dress and talk. in other words, they are POSERS!

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

^ i understand what you mean brother, but I DO KNOW sisters who dont necessarily wear a hijab but never miss any prayers or anything while at the same time I know sisters who do wear hijab and more, but dont even do basic pillars... soooo... i dono its a bit more complicated than it seems :embar:

Leave a comment:

• -MA-
    replied

The outside DOES reflect on what is inside. If a sister is dressed half naked or with tight clothes on, there isn't any excuse. At that moment of time, she is pimping herself out to the eyes of men. There is no excuse unless she is ignorant, mentally ill, has no money to buy clothers that cover herself, or has a corrupted mind/heart.

Sheikh Feiz's lecture on hijab:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHGHc6MpJ8

Full lecture here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiSD...x=0&playnext=1

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Yes Naila I agree.

I dont think its up to us to judge inidividuals according to their dress.

If a woman has some sense of Islam within her, her akhlaaq and manners will manifest that in her actions and she maybe be working on her dress.

Similarly, just because a woman wears niqaab does not mean shes pious. I always thought all niqaabis were pious and looked up to because of the fact that they cover and I dont and thought them to be more practising than me......and when i starting getting to know them, the filth that comes from them is a disgarce and it worries me that this is the impression of Islam that they portray to society

On the otherside I have some good friends who are niqaabis and wallahi I wish I was like them, in their manner and speech, they are so beautiful.

And in a similar way I know just some normal sisters who dont wear niqaab but dress modestly and they too are amazing.

A womans dress is not anything to base such judgemnets, rather to advise with hikamh and if the sister has a sound heart she will probably take heed from good advise rather than some of the comments and attitudes of this thread
    Last edited by Jenicca; 13-07-10, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• naila-k
    replied

at the end of the day im sure you get skinny fit hijabis who pray 5x every day and you get niqaabis who hardly pray at all,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X