Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seeing women with Hijabs on but Tight Clothes

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
    i think you are the one not listening, i said rape cases do occur in Muslim world also, but it is also common sense that where women barely dress the numbers will automatically increase..

example: woman going out of the bar wearing almost nothing & drunk men are around her!!!!
    Oh no, I heard you... say the same things over and over again.

Yeah brother... that's alcohol, it limits the senses. But it's not much compared to the fear women have of reporting rapes in Muslim countries.

That doesn't prove that lack of clothing somehow makes a man lose his sense to corner a crying girl. Sick men will rape, and they need an easy target. That's why children get molested, and most child molesters aren't pedophiles. Most rapes occur in home, re-read my post with backing fully please. I am really tired of repeating the same stuff over again.
    Last edited by Sanjana; 19-07-10, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
      you stick to your modern day thinking... you should be with a mahram when travelling coz that are the orders of islam.

by all means hold a gun or a knife and do your martial arts... my point wasnt for you to stop that. My point was for you to understand to stop wearing clothes that women are not permitted to wear in islam... .and to cover according to what islam says.

to be honest you can have bombs with you if you want.... thats not the point i was tryin to make... my point was that you should cover according to the islamic guidelines..... and you should stop defending people who are not covering properly.

your comments have shown that ive been speaking to a 5yr old all along. I suggest you get rid of this femanist part of your personality and to stop ridiculing the laws of islam.
      When you lose at logic... call the girl standing up for her rights a feminist! It's a trump card innit?

But girls are catching onto you lot. Naturally, people do that when you use the same tool to keep people down over and over.

Modern day thinking... okay, stop driving cars, don't get new medical surgery. Umar (RA) lifted the ban on stealing for the famine... and that was written clear hands down in the Quran! but somehow women saying clothing =/= rape means we're treading into haraam territory?

Umar (RA) didn't, and neither are we.

... I am going over this for the last time. Umar (RA) banned the slave women from wearing hijab... now did this mean that it was okay to rape slave women? Many of which were married? No, the verse was for Muslim women to be recognized as free Muslim women, so they would not be bothered or seen as property -- it's not a magical rape prevention.

Why can't you understand, the minute you give a slight leaning towards the clothing or anything of a victim, you are saying she was partly responsible for it. I don't care what circular logic you bring in, you are. Especially when the girl is traumatized enough already, you don't need to be a monster. That's like, she's being violated all over again --only instead of filthy hands it's wagging tongues!

Sick.
      Last edited by Sanjana; 19-07-10, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjana View Post

When you lose at logic... call the girl standing up for her rights a feminist! It's a trump card innit?

But girls are catching onto you lot. Naturally, people do that when you use the same tool to keep people down over and over.

Sorry sister, but it is you that loses at logic here.

Option 1) Dress modestly (niqab,jilbaab etc) and dramatically reduce the chance of rape
        Option 2) Dress while revealing body shapes/parts and increase the chance.

Your logic says, BOTH options are equal in risk? Then you fail at understanding the mentality of men lacking Imaan. Statistics and a simple questionnaire for men could clear this up quickly.

Especially when the girl is traumatized enough already, you don't need to be a monster.
        No one is being a monster, if anyone was to advise a rape victim about their dress code, it would be at a later date in a sincere tone, using nice words.

Question for you and Massilia:
        It is just dawah after all, would you not suggest dress code to someone revealing their body regardless of being raped or not??
        Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

Comment

you stick to your modern day thinking... you should be with a mahram when travelling coz that are the orders of islam.

by all means hold a gun or a knife and do your martial arts... my point wasnt for you to stop that. My point was for you to understand to stop wearing clothes that women are not permitted to wear in islam... .and to cover according to what islam says.

to be honest you can have bombs with you if you want.... thats not the point i was tryin to make... my point was that you should cover according to the islamic guidelines..... and you should stop defending people who are not covering properly.

your comments have shown that ive been speaking to a 5yr old all along. I suggest you get rid of this femanist part of your personality and to stop ridiculing the laws of islam.
          I was wondering when the magic word feminist would come up on stage! Jackpot.
          Just STOP saying that the dress code protects, it is a command yes but not protection, that's delusional and i am not that naive

And your comment shows that ive been speaking to a wall. The second you seek how the victim was dresses then you are including her as responsible. You are acting like the lawyers defending rapists 50 years accusing the victim of teasing because of her clothes. There is a rape then the rapist is convicted, trialed and condemned and that is it.
          i don't care if the girl was walking in underwear with a feather or a French can-can dancer in the street.
          If you are taught from day one to respect people regardless dress code then i would not have to read comments like i have read in this thread including yours.
          My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by TheMuslim View Post
            It is just dawah after all, would you not suggest dress code to someone revealing their body regardless of being raped or not??
            It may be very wrong but it is not in my personality to tell people how to live their lives. I just suggested my best friend to stop putting a her picture on her CV because i thought it might be a disadvantage for her that is all. I am not comfortable doing that.
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
              It may be very wrong but it is not in my personality to tell people how to live their lives. I just suggested my best friend to stop putting a her picture on her CV because i thought it might be a disadvantage for her that is all. I am not comfortable doing that.
              ---

Comment

---
                Oh i should have said "you should take it off the interviewer might rape you" Forgive me.

Comment

Oh i should have said "you should take it off the interviewer might rape you" Forgive me.
                  you should have said... keep it on coz you should not be embarrased of your religion. You should have said to her to do dua that she get the job and that if she didnt get it for the reason of her wearing the hijaab then it would be better for her not to take the job.

I say Alhamdulilah that Allah has not made me one who is ashamed and embarrased about being a muslim. I pray that Allah guides you.

in simple terms... from your post you didnt forbid the evil.... but you were more than happy to tell your friend not to show a photo on her cv for the REASON THAT SHE WAS covering.

subhanAllah... i thank Allah that i am not on the same wavelength as you. Oh Allah guide us to the right path. Ameen.

ps. dont go around telling brothers to shave their beards to get a job... coz in essence thats what you did with your friend.

and when someone is sining.... its your duty to correct them and advice them in a nice manner inshAllah. Your not telling people how to live there lives... you telling them to live according to how the created has ordered them to !.

im out of this one. wsalamuallaikum.
                  Last edited by QMU; 19-07-10, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I think we need to understand that rape and harassment is different. If you were talking about harassment, then yes, you can have an argument there because men will whistle, howl, and do crude things if you're dressed a certain way. This can happen anywhere at any time. Whether it is at school, work, when you're at the store, etc... In people's heads, they deserve what they got due to how they are dressed. But when it comes to rape, clothing isn't an issue no matter how much you try to make it one. The rapist is out for one thing, sex and easy sex. He/She wants control over their victim and the way you look, dress, act plays no part. If you're alone and an easy target and the man/female wants it enough, they will go after you.
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

you should have said... keep it on coz you should not be embarrased of your religion. You should have said to her to do dua that she get the job and that if she didnt get it for the reason of her wearing the hijaab then it would be better for her not to take the job.

I say Alhamdulilah that Allah has not made me one who is ashamed and embarrased about being a muslim. I pray that Allah guides you.

in simple terms... from your post you didnt forbid the evil.... but you were more than happy to tell your friend not to show a photo on her cv for the REASON THAT SHE WAS covering.

subhanAllah... i thank Allah that i am not on the same wavelength as you. Oh Allah guide us to the right path. Ameen.

ps. dont go around telling brothers to shave their beards to get a job... coz in essence thats what you did with your friend.

and when someone is sining.... its your duty to correct them and advice them in a nice manner inshAllah. Your not telling people how to live there lives... you telling them to live according to how the created has ordered them to !.

im out of this one. wsalamuallaikum.
                      Who told you she was covering? She DOESNT wear the hijab so your whole post is useless on top of your assumptions of me being ashamed, i don't speak out of shyness not of shame that is it. I told her to take it off because she is attractive and she might get answers because of the picture and not thanks to her skills.
                      I pity any lady not covering in your area , a little more and you might start insulting them as you just did with me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMuslim View Post
                        Sorry sister, but it is you that loses at logic here.

Option 1) Dress modestly (niqab,jilbaab etc) and dramatically reduce the chance of rape
                        Option 2) Dress while revealing body shapes/parts and increase the chance.

Your logic says, BOTH options are equal in risk? Then you fail at understanding the mentality of men lacking Imaan. Statistics and a simple questionnaire for men could clear this up quickly.

No one is being a monster, if anyone was to advise a rape victim about their dress code, it would be at a later date in a sincere tone, using nice words.

Duuuude, I supported my argument what. the. hell. rape =/= harassment. A rapist is a sick man who will rape regardless. I don't know why you guys love to put yourselves and your attraction to women on the same level as sickos... you say I'm insulting you but I don't need to, you're doing a fine job yourself.

Pfff, yes, because it totally works like that, right? Because rape doesn't haunt a girl forever or at least for a large fraction of her life. The human psyche isn't math.

I also love how you keep ignoring what i say --that most rapes occur in someone's home, by someone close to you, even a family member, even mahrams. And with mahrams, sometimes the fear of reporting is worse, in the west and even moreso in "Muslim" countries because for some reason we seem to think that talking about problems is airing dirty laundry or something. That looking good is better than being good.

Please get this straight. Rape =/= Harrassment

And no, that's not dawah... that's teaching people that Islam gives some amount of excuse to rapists.

Okay, I don't think this is worth it anymore.
                        Last edited by Sanjana; 19-07-10, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Who told you she was covering? She DOESNT wear the hijab so your whole post is useless on top of your assumptions of me being ashamed, i don't speak out of shyness not of shame that is it. I told her to take it off because she is attractive and she might get answers because of the picture and not thanks to her skills.
                          I pity any lady not covering in your area , a little more and you might start insulting them as you just did with me.
                          i didnt insult you. And i also pity those not covering in my area... and i do dua that Allah guides them to what is the truth.

I dont need to insult them. Its not the way to give advice..and nor did i insult you.

That story you speak off, whats the got to do with this thread then? .... i assumed it because this is a thread about hijaab.... whats this got to do with being attractive and getting a job?...

Comment

i didnt insult you. And i also pity those not covering in my area... and i do dua that Allah guides them to what is the truth.

I dont need to insult them. Its not the way to give advice..and nor did i insult you.

That story you speak off, whats the got to do with this thread then? .... i assumed it because this is a thread about hijaab.... whats this got to do with being attractive and getting a job?...
                            I was answering to another poster, explaining that i had just did suggest to my friend to take her picture off because i am not confortable nor confident to go to someone about her clothes or make-up so it was not directly related to thread yes.

And you were insulting by assuming that i was ashamed of forbidding evil, why should i be ashamed? i do not steal or kill. Shyness just never crossed your mind? I suppose there are a lot of ashamed Muslims like me.
                            I am not too much of an example so id rather stay out of any sort of dawah or whatever it is.
                            Even if i did speak to a girl about covering i would not go saying put that it protects you from rape.

Comment

Girl: Ok, walking down the street... omg look it's rapist!

Rapist: *tiptoeing closer*

Girl: *looks at audience* Everyone, say it with me! I'm wearing hijab! I'm wearing hijab! I'm wearing hijab!

Rapist: Aw, maaaaan *snaps fingers*

*Runs away*

... I feel bad for making light of such a situation, but I needed to show the sillyness. Aw heck, I have a morbid sense of humour... I'm going to hell aren't I? :v

Comment

Originally posted by Nafisa09 View Post
                                Since I moved to Dallas I've Noticed that alot of the sisters Wear Hijabs then you look down and see they are wearing Skinny Jeans, Clothes so tight Their bras are showing, And Soooo much make on. And when i get invited to events the men and women are mixed in dinner tables etc.

I'm from Rochester,Minnesota and Growing up in a somalia community You don't see woman in the Masjids praying with Pants and Tight Clothes, You see abayas and Jilbabis only.
                                , Or no Mixings in Events.

So whats the Deal here in Texas. Do the sisters need big time Dawah, do they believe that dressing this way is Halal. DOn't they realize as muslim women we are suppose to imatate the ways of the prophet's wives and Cover up and have self respect.
                                the sisters you are mentioning about have adopted to imitate the trends of the Kuffar, this is quite common even in the UK, it is a result of people of weak Imaan, loss of self respect/esteem and the fact they are living in Darul-Kufr (where they see the Kuffar/Mushriks walk half naked day/night) ...

Sis, the best thing you can do is give them Nasiyah, if they take it, good for them, if they persistantly reject it, leave the company of such people.

:jkk:
                                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X