Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virginity & bleeding

Originally posted by anagnorisis View Post
    Some couples I met in college said that to satisfy their nosey families after the wedding, the groom pricked his finger and put the blood on the sheet. He had utter faith and devotion for his wife, and nothing but disdain for his relative's primitive beliefs, but he wanted them off his case as he had seen how such small people love to spread gossip.
    thank Allah my family aint like that. but if they were i would purposely make sure they dont see the blood. and remain with my wife. i dont care about this culture and will do anything to go against it as long as it aint haram.
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

somebody told me something really disgusting yesterday. that in some families, after the marriage is consummated (which they expect to happen on the first night), the grandmother/old women check the sheets for bloodstain:vomit:

Comment

Yeah, sad and disgusting. All we can do is tell men to educate themselves and their families, and stand up for their wife to protect their modesty.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
          somebody told me something really disgusting yesterday. that in some families, after the marriage is consummated (which they expect to happen on the first night), the grandmother/old women check the sheets for bloodstain:vomit:
          it would be funny if they had walkie talkies, "target confirmed, good kill, good kill".
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

If they are so concerned about blood on a sheet the wife could always punched the husband in the face and satisfy them.
            ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
            سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
            بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
            فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق

Comment

These types of topics should be gender segregated. They definitely need to be discussed, but not in a mixed environment.
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Yeah and some old folk go to the point that they think if the woman doesn't bleed then the walima is haram and they don't eat it. That's just wrong. The boy have to announce yes she is halal.
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

These stupid and ignorant cultural practices needs to be stomped out with our feet and not allowed to be spread to the next generation.
                  Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                    And some sick people still use the sheet thing to show to all family after the consummation. How gallant
                    Oi, some people need kitkats, the 4 finger ones shoved up their brains, the one they're sitting on, maybe that will get it working...

Comment

Originally posted by shanrocks1985
                      First, obsession with virginity is lame....get over it.

Secondly, the hymen is not a good indicator of virginity. Sometimes it can be broken by non-sexual activity such as horse riding. Also, many women (57% in one study) did not report a noticable breaking of the and in these cases it is presumed to stretch rather than break.

The idea that women are endowed with a universal indicator of virginity is a myth of a patriachal society based on deeply rooted stereotypes of womens' roles in sexual relations with men.
                      How terrible. virginity is chastity. No he shouldn't get over it and neither should the ummah, Allah help us all!

"The fornicator does not marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that has been made unlawful to the believers." Surat an-Nur, 3

"You [believers] are of one another. So marry them with the permission of their people and give them their due compensation according to what is acceptable. [They should be] chaste, neither [of] those who commit unlawful intercourse randomly nor those who take [secret] lovers. But once they are sheltered in marriage, if they should commit adultery, then for them is half the punishment for free [unmarried] women. This [allowance] is for him among you who fears sin, but to be patient is better for you. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." -Surat an-Nisa, 25
                      Last edited by Grotbags; 29-11-11, 10:56 PM. Reason: quoted post edited

Comment

Originally posted by calculatrice View Post
                        How terrible. virginity is chastity. No he shouldn't get over it and neither should the ummah, Allah help us all!
                        Virginity and chastity are not the same thing. Get a dictionary. And no where in Islam does it say obsess over who has never had sexual intercourse or not. It talks about "chaste women" and a chaste woman is someone who is sexually abstinent before marriage and is modest. That can be whether she's been married before or not...

Comment

Why don't you bring me an ayat instead?
                          Edit: Or an authentic hadith?

And you're right. If we are talking about a divorcee marrying. 'If' implying an exception.
                          Last edited by calculatrice; 26-11-11, 01:15 PM.

Comment

only ONE of the wives of Muhammad :saw: was a virgin when she married him. That was Aisha (ra). The others (ra) were widows or divorcees, including Khadijah (ra) the one he loved the most. That's the Sunnah of Muhammad :saw: i.e. it's good to marry a virgin and it's good to marry widows and divorcees too. In fact the reason why Muhammad :saw: was allowed by Allah to marry more than four women was because there were a lot of widows and divorcees who needed a good husband (in addition to the fact that due to his excellent character he could still be fair to all his wives, other men can't manage that with more than four, and many nowadays can't manage to treat one wife right, never mind four, subhanAllah).

You can't equate virginity with chastity. Some women think they are virgins because their hymen is intact while they do other kinds of sexual acts on men they're not married to (and the cultural jahiliyya of "bleeds on wedding night = virgin" merely reinforces this attitude) but such women are most certainly not chaste. And there are many widows and divorcees in this world who are chaste and not virgins. If you consider these to be "exceptions" then you have a huge number of exceptions to your comment and perhaps it's those exceptions who would take offence to your comments. So please be more careful how you word stuff in the future.
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Sister, I am not bashing divorcees if that's how my post came out.

However I think where we differ is the definition of virginity. One who has not had sex. If A = B and B= C then A = C right? Like wise if A = B and B= C but C =/= D so A and D are not the same.
                              So if virginity is someone who has not had sex, and oral sex is considered sex then someone who has performed.. oral whatever... is not a virgin... You wish to keep it in the physical frame. but virginity is a form a chastity.

""And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." Surat 23 5:7
                              Last edited by calculatrice; 26-11-11, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Thread shredded. On a final note, it is disputed who our prophet's (SAW) favorite wife was.

Comment

Working...
                                X