Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginity & bleeding

Question
    What should a husband do if he discovers on the wedding night that his wife is not a virgin because she did not bleed?
    Answered by
    Sheikh Salman al-Oadah
    Failure to bleed on the first night is not a sign of loss of virginity, nor is it recognized as such in Islamic Law. There are numerous reasons why a woman might not bleed. A percentage of women do not bleed at all. Some women bleed ever so slightly that it avoids detection. Other women have had the most minor of childhood accidents or falls that broke the hymen and causes them not to bleed in maturity, and they may not even aware that such an accident had taken place. Even lifting a heavy object, running, or jumping can cause it to break. Some girls break it through touching themselves. For some women, the hymen does not break until childbirth. We need to know that chastity and purity are character traits that exist quite independently of the hymen’s presence or absence. Allah describes believing women as follows: “So the righteous women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 34]

http://en.islamtoday.net/node/1821

Re: Virginity & bleeding

Just keep yourself chaste and try to avoid any sexual activities, inshaAllah, you don't have to worry about all the cultural headache and worries that you will face when getting married. May Allah guide us all. Amin.

Comment

A non virgin may bleed after sex for all kinds of medical reasons. So bleeding is not a sign that she's a virgin, just as a lack of bleeding is not a sign that she's not a virgin.

note: bleeding after sex other than the first 2-3 times is something that should be investigated by a doctor cause it *may* be a sign of something more serious (although it's usually due to something minor)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

And some sick people still use the sheet thing to show to all family after the consummation. How gallant
        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Some couples I met in college said that to satisfy their nosey families after the wedding, the groom pricked his finger and put the blood on the sheet. He had utter faith and devotion for his wife, and nothing but disdain for his relative's primitive beliefs, but he wanted them off his case as he had seen how such small people love to spread gossip.

Comment

Originally posted by anagnorisis View Post
            Some couples I met in college said that to satisfy their nosey families after the wedding, the groom pricked his finger and put the blood on the sheet. He had utter faith and devotion for his wife, and nothing but disdain for his relative's primitive beliefs, but he wanted them off his case as he had seen how such small people love to spread gossip.
            Some people not only spread gossip but even blatantly slander others before knowing them, like they have been following them 24/7 and follow their every move.
            Last edited by Supernova Nebula; 21-02-10, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
              And some sick people still use the sheet thing to show to all family after the consummation. How gallant
              astaghfirullah. what has the world come down to? where does the 'trust' disappear all of a sudden?
              Shukr to Allah in abundance...

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible View Post
                astaghfirullah. what has the world come down to? where does the 'trust' disappear all of a sudden?
                yeah, that happens in some cultures more so than others. there is no trust, sometimes women are viewed as objects which are expendable.
                glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by anagnorisis View Post

That's disturbing.
                  'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                  Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                  علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                    actually very common in Morocco it happened during my friends wedding over there and he came out and showed the family the sheets , in order to honour the girl and her family.

i found it disgusting but then again i am not Moroccan

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                      actually very common in Morocco it happened during my friends wedding over there and he came out and showed the family the sheets , in order to honour the girl and her family.

Yuck! Even if such a thing really did matter, where's the ghirah in that!
                      The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

salam

there is no gheerah in that kind of thing.
                        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post

What is so honorable about it:wacko:? Hadith tells married couple to keep their physical relations to themselves and not to reveal it to others for doing it is like a pair of syayatin copulating infront of the other syayatin.

Comment

Wow, are people really this ignorant? Bleeding does not necessarilly mean a girl is a virgin, and not bleeding doesn't necessarilly mean the girl isn't. You can break your hymen doing gymnastics, stretching, riding a horse, etc...And some girls aren't even born with hymens to break !

Comment

Originally posted by semasahin View Post
                              Wow, are people really this ignorant? Bleeding does not necessarilly mean a girl is a virgin, and not bleeding doesn't necessarilly mean the girl isn't. You can break your hymen doing gymnastics, stretching, riding a horse, etc...And some girls aren't even born with hymens to break !
                              unfortunately there are quite a lot of people with that jahil (ignorant) attitude, and I agree with those above saying it lacks gheerah..... totally!!! cause like supernova says, husband's and wives intimate relations should be kept private....... plus not all couples want to consommate on the first night, especially when they are both virgins, a lot of couples prefer to take their time. Families should keep their noses out!!!! what are the family doing, waiting downstairs impatiently for them to get on with it and for the groom to show them the sheet??? .....that's just...... :eek3:
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X