X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

Originally posted by Abuaafiyah View Post
    Salams,
    Agreed, it's very unfortunate that some people go into polygamy and don't practise it as it should be. May Allah guide them to treat their WIVES better. Amin.

But practised the way Rasul s.a.w. and his companions did, it is very beautiful thing ever.
    Having said that, let's not forget that it is almost impossible for any man to marry two or more of his wives equally,he can not control his heart. he will always love one of them more. So, sisters,please also keep that in mind, and forgive the brothers for that atleast.

Salam.
    :wswrwb: Akhi,

it is difficult to be just with ones Wives, and unfortunately there are very few men who can actually deal with more than one wife in an equitable manner prescribed by Allah Ta'ala and his rasul :saw:

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

[Alhamdulillahi rabbil3aalamyin

Comment

darn it

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
          now, let's go back to basic, the definition of Sunnah, sunnah simply means, the sayings and living habits/practices of the Prophet SAW as generally known, I think as far as I remember based on my reading, when Sunnah is defined, scholars never limit it to certain period of his lifetime. Sunnah started when nubuwwah started which means, while since he SAW was married to Khadijah and nubuwwah when he was 40(?).
          noone took note of this?

Comment

noone took note of this?
            Well I noticed it and agreed.
            I think that this thread is funny and predictable ie the young single guys are all daydreaming about polygyny while the sisters are almost all pushing for monogamy. The fact is that there was a time when the Prophet(SAW) was single for a period that was much longer then was traditional in those days, practised monogamy for many years and only practiced polygyny in his later life so it could be said that the sunnah could be all 3 conditions of being.
            The youngsters that are so avidly defending polygyny probably dream of having 4 women serving their whims and desires when the truth is that marriage means meeting their spouse half way and serving as much as they are served. When these guys get married, are they going to remember the sunnah of how the Prophet(SAW) mended his own clothes or helped with the housework? Pffft I doubt it LOL
            I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
              I think that this thread is funny and predictable ie the young single guys are all daydreaming about polygyny while the sisters are almost all pushing for monogamy. The fact is that there was a time when the Prophet(SAW) was single for a period that was much longer then was traditional in those days, practised monogamy for many years and only practiced polygyny in his later life so it could be said that the sunnah could be all 3 conditions of being.
              The youngsters that are so avidly defending polygyny probably dream of having 4 women serving their whims and desires when the truth is that marriage means meeting their spouse half way and serving as much as they are served. When these guys get married, are they going to remember the sunnah of how the Prophet(SAW) mended his own clothes or helped with the housework? Pffft I doubt it LOL
              ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fisabilillah View Post
                There's no doubt that رسول الله and the sahaabah were just, but they were the best of men, and whilst men rush to defend polygamy, they should also be keen to rush and follow other aspects of the deen too.

It's quite a shame how SOME people go into polygamy in the name of halaal and sunnah, when they don't even practice or know the basics.

AND NONE OF THE SISTERS HERE ARE DENYING POLYGAMY, OR SAYING DON'T DO IT, WE'RE MERLEY RAISING A CRUCIAL POINT- A CONDITION THAT MUST TAKE PLACE IN ORDER FOR POLYGAMY TO BE VALID.

:wswrwb:
                sister i agree to a certain extent. But look at this way... ill give examples......

just, is meaning fair in all ways. Nowadays its to hard for a man/husband to look after many wives because the wives require to much. How can a man on 50k income ( not talkin about anyone in particular), not be able to be just to 2 wives when the sahaba were at times unable to feed themselves.

this problem is not aimed at the brothers. If you go deep down, this problem relies with the sister. Its easy for a brother to hold on to 2 wives. Give them a small flat each and khalas.

but what has culture and socity done to us(so not only speaking about sisters)... we all want the big homes, the cars and all this materilistic stuff. Its not hard to be just to 2 wives, but its what people expect these days.WAY TO MUCH. thus polygamy is not hard, its US THAT MAKE IT HARD for ourselves. If we truly accepted polyamy, it would be very easy. We all think about it financially, but deep down thats not even the real meaning of "just". By "just" it means, can you spend enough time with both and can you treat both the same, NOT only with money but with time, care, effort etc.

but brothers cant even think about the others factors coz sisters require so much maintenence. OFC not all sisters, but sisters in west require more, coz thats how the brought up. Another problem with western society imo.

so to conclude, polygamy would be easier if us, the people change. We know the sahaba were the best of men, so comparing us to them is not thinkable, however dont always compare us men to them, women must also be compared to the women of then, and if you deep down really accept polygamy, and this is normally more of a problem to the sisters, then you would cut back on a lot of stuff. Its easy if us, the muslims REALLY want and accept it.
                Last edited by QMU; 12-12-09, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abuaafiyah View Post
                  wlkm salam,
                  I beg to differ akhi, for muslim that follows sunnah in all aspects of his life
                  :wswrwb: AKhi,

"muslim that follows sunnah in all aspects of his life" I regret to say the majority don't ...

"laa yukllifu Llahu nafsan illa wus3ahaa-'' this part of the Ayah refers to the Burden, meaning the Responsibility/Obligation Allah ta'ala places upon us.

it is not a a Fard/Responsibility/Obligation that we marry more than one wife. It is an Optional Sunnah.

and in Worldly matters (not Love) matters many of us are unable for whatever reason/excuse to do Justice. Akhi many of us don't even perform the Fardh correctly, and we assume that we can handle the Sunnah and Nafl acts?

Comment

noone took note of this?
                    I did, and Sunnah does not imply it is Optional either, because certain aspects of the Sunnah/What Rasul :saw: did he commanded us to do (meaning it was Fardh).

Comment

How can you say that being single is Sunnah when the Prophet (saw) advised very strongly many times for people to get married?
                      Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                      http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Originally posted by fisabilillah View Post
                        There's no doubt that رسول الله and the sahaabah were just, but they were the best of men, and whilst men rush to defend polygamy, they should also be keen to rush and follow other aspects of the deen too.

It's quite a shame how SOME people go into polygamy in the name of halaal and sunnah, when they don't even practice or know the basics.
                        :wswrwb:
                        :start:
                        One should also deal justly with his single wife. According to your logic one should not marry if he is not practicing.
                        SubhanAllah
                        Whosoever dies without participating in an expedition (Jihad) nor having the intention to do so, dies on a branch of hypocrisy.(Sahih Muslim)

Comment

^^^:up:

Comment

invalid argument... a person who regularly prays his sunnah prayers or wears a turban or dresses according to the sunnah doesnt leave it because he says oh i am not doing the sunnah of helping out at the house... if your making one a determinant of the other then no one will follow any of the sunnah... the sunnah by its nature will be followed (in that part of the sunnah which is not fardh) according to what each muslim finds easier and is more inclined to do

as to what is the definition of sunnah then go and check it again if you dont believe me... the sunnah is not just the prophet (Saw) sayings actions or consent, that is hadith, hadith and sunnah differ even though sunnah is based on hadith, the reason why they differ is because sunnah of the Prophet (Saw) can change depending on revelation of islam, like for example it was not the sunnah of the Prophet (Saw) to fast the days of ashura in the early part of nabuwwat. Later it became his sunnah to fast... you dont say both are sunnah, because the latter outweighs the former.

and Allah (swt) knows best
                            FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
                            OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
                            Donate to syria.
                            *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

polygamy is too hard cost too much and only top 5% of men can handle it . If you want to know whether you can handle polygamy can you handle 4 woman shouting at you at the same time . My dad was married to 4 wives but he hand the finances and the mindpower to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by advghori View Post
                                :start:
                                One should also deal justly with his single wife. According to your logic one should not marry if he is not practicing.
                                SubhanAllah
                                ok wait let me reprase your question , would you marry daughter to brother who did not practice i doubt it

Comment

Working...
                                X