Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monogamy is also a sunnah

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monogamy is also a sunnah

    :up:

  • #2
    Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

    I was expecting a huge long essay :rotfl:

    !:jkk:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

      Although its not one that is shunned today - in fact MOST Muslims men that are married only have 1 wife.

      So you don't need to encourage Monogamy, Polygyny on the other hand is a Sunnah that had been mostly abandoned today....
      Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
      http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

        Its true, Muhammad :saw: in his life had a long lasting monogamous marriage to Khadijah (ra) which ended when she died, and he also had several polygamous marriages after that. And he was married to both a much older woman (Khadijah (ra)) and a much younger one (Aisha (ra)).
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

        [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

          Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
          Although its not one that is shunned today - in fact MOST Muslims men that are married only have 1 wife.

          So you don't need to encourage Monogamy, Polygyny on the other hand is a Sunnah that had been mostly abandoned today....
          I agree with this too :up:

          and there are a lot of widows and divorcees who find it really hard to find a husband, so there is a need for a little more polygamy....
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

          [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

            "Brevity is the soul of wit" William Shakespeare:D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

              Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
              "Brevity is the soul of wit" William Shakespeare:D
              Prophet (saw) said:

              [Reported by al-Tirmidhi]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                ^^^that quote is for sister sarah:o

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                  Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                  ^^^that quote is for sister sarah:o
                  lol dw I got it, might've been the only one though :rofl1:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                    السلام عليكم

                    Yes, but the best amongst us (i.e. Muhammad-SAW) had the most wives. And--with Allah's permission--more wives equals more kids--and that's a very important aspect of marriage.

                    السلام عليكم
                    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "...By the One in Whose hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of something which if you do it, you will love one another. Spread (the greeting of) salaam amongst yourselves." (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2510)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                      Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                      :up:
                      A sunnah is a way of life Rasool Allah followed after the advent of Islam. So When islam was introduced and polygamy was encouraged Rasool Allah صلي الله عليه وسلم practised polygamy. So polygamy is a sunnah not monogamy..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                        Originally posted by talib_27 View Post
                        A sunnah is a way of life Rasool Allah followed after the advent of Islam. So When islam was introduced and polygamy was encouraged Rasool Allah صلي الله عليه وسلم practised polygamy. So polygamy is a sunnah not monogamy..
                        Didn't the Prophet :saw: only marry Sawdah after Khadijah's death ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                          Originally posted by talib_27 View Post
                          A sunnah is a way of life Rasool Allah followed after the advent of Islam. So When islam was introduced and polygamy was encouraged Rasool Allah صلي الله عليه وسلم practised polygamy. So polygamy is a sunnah not monogamy..
                          السلام عليكم

                          ما شاء الله

                          Well said.

                          بارك الله فيك وجزاك الله خيرا

                          السلام عليكم
                          The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "...By the One in Whose hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of something which if you do it, you will love one another. Spread (the greeting of) salaam amongst yourselves." (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2510)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                            Originally posted by *Sarah View Post
                            Didn't the Prophet :saw: only marry Sawdah after Khadijah's death ?
                            No he married 10 or 12 times after Khadija raziAllah anha's death. It was one at a time!

                            If people are so anxious to follow the "sunnah" of monogamy they should marry someone aged 40 because it would complete the sunnah then...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Monogamy is also a sunnah

                              Originally posted by talib_27 View Post
                              No he married 10 or 12 times after Khadija raziAllah anha's death. It was one at a time!

                              If people are so anxious to follow the "sunnah" of monogamy they should marry someone aged 40 because it would complete the sunnah then...
                              Sorry I think you misunderstood me brother lol.

                              What I meant was that Khadijah died many years after prophethood came to Muhammad :saw: and yet he only practised polygamy after her death.

                              الله أعلم

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X