cesarean scar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cesarean scar

aslalaam aleikum i wonder if anyone can help inshaAllah, i have been asked a question by a sister currently having marriage meetings if she is required to disclose that she has a c section scar, i said no as its not a disfigurement or anything and most women nowadays have it. but i realise i shouldnt have spoken without any knowledge, ive tried to find any info and cant, can anyone help ?

jazakallahu khairan

Re: cesarean scar

if he knows she was married before he should know she will either have stretch marks or a scar from c - section or both from having a baby 99% of women do.

I don't know maybe its her worth mentioning but if he knows she has a baby I would think it would be obvious? its different if she had a burn or a scar elsewhere. Allahu a3lam... maybe post a ques on islam-qa.com ?

Comment

Well if she has had a cesearean then I assume the brother will know already that she has a child in which case I think she should mention that the child was born by cesearean and then inshallah at least the brother knows that much and can't accuse her of hiding that from him.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I don't see why it's necessary have to mention every possible unattractive thing about your body when meeting some guy for marriage.

Comment

Do men have to mention every scar they have?
          O Lord, if I worship you out of fear of hell, burn me in hell. If I worship you in the hope of paradise, forbid it to me. And if I worship you for your own sake, do not deprive me of your eternal beauty (Rabi'a Al-'Adawiyya)

Comment

Women who've had c-sections, are they not limited in the number of kids they can have? That might be a factor worth mentioning?
            When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
              Women who've had c-sections, are they not limited in the number of kids they can have? That might be a factor worth mentioning?
              I've heard that a woman can only have a certain number of caesarean sections before doctors say they can have no more? Or is that abortions? :scratch:
              Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

jazakallahu khairan guys i really appreciate ur views, all makes sense ! i dont think theres time for a fatwa on islam qa and i cudnt find one. but after reading ur posts i i thought it is worth her mentioning it as a couple of u mentioned the c section being a factor in the future pregnancies InshaAllah, there is a small risk of uterine rupture in subsequent births which can kill mother or child. i will tell her to advise him. jazakallahu khairan. and yes ur corect he does indeed know she has several children which is why i never even thought it an issue.

aslaam aleikum wa rahmatullah wa baraktuh

Comment

theyre only limited to future pregnancies if theyve had more than 1 c section, i know some women who have had 3 and they were advised that any more pregnancies would be very dangerous and that they should be sterilised.
                  Last edited by muslimah898; 12-10-09, 07:59 AM. Reason: mistake with wording

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                    I've heard that a woman can only have a certain number of caesarean sections before doctors say they can have no more? Or is that abortions? :scratch:
                    i think both?
                    but if someone has one csection then goes to normal births after that its okay
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I do't think she needs to mention any scar.

If she has had one c-section, depending on the reason why, it is entirely possible for her to have a natural birth for her 2nd and any subsequent children!

It doesn't limit any future pregnancies, only if a woman has 2 c-sections, she is advised to not get pregnant more than 3 times in total as she cannot have a natural birth for her 3rd child.

Yes, it will be good to mention that she had her child via c-section, but you do not need to specifically mention she has a scar or its whereabouts etc?! If she has been pregnant, regardless of c-section or natural, she would most likely have stretchmarks etc...is she required to mention these too? Will he tell her about his flabby belly or moobs? (LOL)

There is absolutely no need to mention scarring etc...it would be a very shallow man who refused marriage based upon a scar she endured during childbirth and she would be better off without such a superficial person!

The risk of uterine rupture is VERY minute...if your first c-section was for reasons like baby was breech or relating to position of baby then the risk is very very minimal! The risk is slightly increased if it ws to do with the womans body ie: pre eclampsia etc...but even then it is still a very very minimal risk and totally worth taking every time! Don't let docs scare you into having a 2nd elective c-section because they tend to do that a lot in the western countries!
                      What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                      Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                      Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                      but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                      but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                      We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                      freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                      Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                      and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                      Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimlarki View Post
                        Do men have to mention every scar they have?
                        salam

ide love to do that, lots of good times to tell.
                        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
                          salam.

thats is what the doctor thinks. Allah knows. if you are ordained to have a million bazillion kids, they a commin!
                          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                            salam.

thats is what the doctor thinks. Allah knows. if you are ordained to have a million bazillion kids, they a commin!
                            yeah but the point is its dangerous becuase if they have more c sections then they go for normal birth it can rupture, after having like 2-3 c sections? and then u cant have indefinite amount of cesarian because to keep operating the same place may be dangerous, as that is not the way babies r designed to come out...
                            so like zee said ppl shud try for a vbac after having the 1st c section if possible, as then they can continue as normal and this problem would be eliminated
                            .: Rufaida :.
                            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                              I think up to 3 children or something. It's not that you can't have anymore children, it's that you can't have any more C-sections (just to clarify).

Comment

Working...
                              X