• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamcake
    replied
    Re: Full list of Muslim matrimonial websites

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I think you are young at the moment and everyone says that when they're young

when I was 20 I thought I was old, when I was 22, 23 and so on an so forth we just think we are old each age, it's just how we accept the opinions around us as normal

yes, that's a gross term, milk gets expired and so does every other dairy product, we're not animals or food lol it's insulting

those sites aren't nice but i'm grateful they are there because there aren't other options
    yeah you're right.. we feel old every year from like 20/21, but I get mocked by older siblings when I say that seriously.. lol even tho I genuinely feel that, yeah it makes no sense, don't get why age is such a taboo.. especially as some guys don't even want kids/many kids so its not like everyone wants a massive family. you're right.. a last resort, in theory they seem good, but goes to show how many ppl struggle irl finding someone to marry..

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Selling yourself online or selling yourself in real life...you'll learn it's all the same thing.
    yeah you're right.. just feels more creepy online.. irl if its a proposal through family its so much easier and less awkward and natural/normal, the families who get lotza proposals n are social/well known in the community, must find it a lot easier.. don't get me wrong, I love my fam immensely (of course) it just makes it hard when it comes to the marriage arena..

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
    Agree

[MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] oh wait why calling it selling in the first place?!
    I don't know.. because I've heard there are a lot of creeps and ppl messing around on there :/ I guess its the same irl too :/

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Any of these so called matrimonial websites approved by any Ulema?

Leave a comment:

• myeverything
    replied

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    Selling yourself online or selling yourself in real life...you'll learn it's all the same thing.
    Agree

[MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] oh wait why calling it selling in the first place?!

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    i'm not gonna join sis, heard way too many horror stories, and I don't wanna.. I'll give myself 10 years to find someone, if I'm 32 and still no closer.. I will consider it, perhaps.
    I agree for all sisters.. it should be a last resort, why should anyone have to resort to selling themselves online.. its just so hard irl, but I wouldn't contemplate this, for 10 yrs lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    i'm not even young tbh, same.. I feel like that towards online sites, just feels fake, awkward, creepy and stuff :/ lols when one kids ask where they have met its like ummmm yeahh next question, bachey... haha. it will be a less resort in 10 years but hey then i'm past my 'expiry date' lol not.. that's so degrading when ppl use that term :/ never heard anyone use it irl, and yeah dw ofc I wouldn't ever message a dude back without my parents there.
    I think you are young at the moment and everyone says that when they're young

when I was 20 I thought I was old, when I was 22, 23 and so on an so forth we just think we are old each age, it's just how we accept the opinions around us as normal

yes, that's a gross term, milk gets expired and so does every other dairy product, we're not animals or food lol it's insulting

those sites aren't nice but i'm grateful they are there because there aren't other options

Leave a comment:

• sophiii786
    replied

Need to be really careful using websites like these too many fakes. Funnily enough, i was thinking of joining as a single parent its hard to find anyone. But after seeing all the trouble my friend went through i decided not too.

May Allah grant us all good spouses

Leave a comment:

• Mikhaeel
    replied

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
    These websites are not needed. It's not hard to get a wife, just find someone you like and marry them. Don't like them? Look for someone else. Don't like anyone you find? Don't get married.
    If it were that easy, people wouldn't be using these websites....

Leave a comment:

• dsr478
    replied

These websites are not needed. It's not hard to get a wife, just find someone you like and marry them. Don't like them? Look for someone else. Don't like anyone you find? Don't get married.

Leave a comment:

• horizon
    replied

The only people they "work" for are the owners charging exorbitant membership-fees to use these sites.

Let alone the fact that some of these marriage-websites are run by companies that equally promote homosexual-marriages, a lot of the so-called "owned and run by Muslims" marriage-sites use haraam marketing techniques as well. Look at the example above: "singlemuslim.com", when you visit the site it entices both genders by openly displaying profile-photos of the members.

It entices you further with "awesome success stories" and shows photos of the couples smiling and laughing (there is no guarantee these are real couples and not hired-models).

Lastly, these sites operate like vultures. They hide their per-month pricing deep within the site. Some of them are exorbitant, even for Westerners (after digging through 1 so-called "owned by Muslims" marriage-site, their per-month pricing was $40 per-month).

Avoid them all and rather give your money as Sadaqah/Lillah instead.

Leave a comment:

• ابن مرة
    replied

www.purematrimony.com

Leave a comment:

• fyi
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    I'll probably try one of these.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION]

when i was your age :1popcorn: such beautiful days the wonder years of my life

lmso

i was always disgusted about online sites, I NEVER thought i'd have to join one, but yeh it really sucks (i'm not on it now, what a relief, feels soooo good)

make it the last resort but don't leave it too late, make sure your dad is the man who messages the men or send all messages to your dad

there are some success stories lol
    i'm not even young tbh, same.. I feel like that towards online sites, just feels fake, awkward, creepy and stuff :/ lols when one kids ask where they have met its like ummmm yeahh next question, bachey... haha. it will be a less resort in 10 years but hey then i'm past my 'expiry date' lol not.. that's so degrading when ppl use that term :/ never heard anyone use it irl, and yeah dw ofc I wouldn't ever message a dude back without my parents there.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

I'll probably try one of these.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

[MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION]

when i was your age :1popcorn: such beautiful days the wonder years of my life

lmso

i was always disgusted about online sites, I NEVER thought i'd have to join one, but yeh it really sucks (i'm not on it now, what a relief, feels soooo good)

make it the last resort but don't leave it too late, make sure your dad is the man who messages the men or send all messages to your dad

there are some success stories lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X