Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to marry two wives

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it possible to marry two wives

    Salam alaikom

    I'm 21 years old single man , lately I have been thinking to get married to avoid fitna and there's two women that i'm interested in for marriage, so i have been thinking since islam allows polygamy can i marry two women at the same time?..i heard i can't do that, but how long do i have to wait to get married again after the first marriage? alhamdulilah Allah has blessed me with wealth I can support both wives financially.

  • #2
    Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

    .. two women.. are you having a laugh?
    (وجاهدوا باموالكم وانفسكم فى سبيل لله ذلك خيراً لكم ان كنتم تعلمون)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

      marry one

      survive

      marry the other

      if you survive


      you are the DON
      You hope for salvation and you have not trodden its paths,
      But the ship does not progress on dry land.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

        Originally posted by Muslim20 View Post
        Salam alaikom

        I'm 21 years old single man , lately I have been thinking to get married to avoid fitna and there's two women that i'm interested in for marriage, so i have been thinking since islam allows polygamy can i marry two women at the same time?..i heard i can't do that, but how long do i have to wait to get married again after the first marriage? alhamdulilah Allah has blessed me with wealth I can support both wives financially.
        :wswrwb: masha Allah may Allah reward u amin.

        as far as i know if they are not previously married women ie: widows or divorcees then each are entitled to 7 nights with u, before the next one has her 7 nights, then its back to one night with each wife, or whatever suits ur agreements, if they are previously married then theyre entitled to 3 nights with u before u go to the next. go visit your local imam and get the correct islamic advice, and make sure u let the women`s walli know of your intentions ( it saves a lot of trouble later )
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

        The Prophet :saw: said:

        "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

        muslim

        Narrated 'Abdullah:

        The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


        "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

        By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

        [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

          I would also think it's a good idea to marry women close together in time as they're more likely to get used to the idea much more easily (i..e one wife doesn't feel she's lost the time she had before). Just my opinion.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

            Originally posted by `asiya View Post
            :wswrwb: masha Allah may Allah reward u amin.

            as far as i know if they are not previously married women ie: widows or divorcees then each are entitled to 7 nights with u, before the next one has her 7 nights, then its back to one night with each wife, or whatever suits ur agreements, if they are previously married then theyre entitled to 3 nights with u before u go to the next. go visit your local imam and get the correct islamic advice, and make sure u let the women`s walli know of your intentions ( it saves a lot of trouble later )
            someone been doing a bit of research. lol only kidding. :D

            i know who to come to when i ask a similar question, need to box off number 1 first tho

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

              bro just some advice...Get married to one sister first and see if you are capable of looking after her and providing for her. then inshAllah marry the second one. dont be quick to jump the gun.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                Have you asked the two ladies whether they mind being in a polygamous arrangement?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                  Originally posted by Cold_Fire View Post
                  bro just some advice...Get married to one sister first and see if you are capable of looking after her and providing for her. then inshAllah marry the second one. dont be quick to jump the gun.
                  Good advice.

                  You have two sisters in mind...then marry the better one first but not forgetting to mention you're intention of polygamy before marrying her.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                    erm...lets not get too excited.
                    marry one inshaAllah, see how that goes then take it from there. Although having money will make polygyny easier, it will not make it xompletely stress free. don't have flimsy expectations.
                    The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:
                    'Take advantage of five things before five other things: from your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your richness before your poverty, your free time before you become occupied, and from your life before your death.' (al-Haakim--Saheeh)
                    seeking piety...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                      This is going to be a problem situation. If you marry one, Satan will constantly put thoughts of the second one in your mind. Remember, he is your open enemy & will always try to incline you towards haraam.

                      Perform Istikhara for both of them before you make any decisions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                        Originally posted by ayah123 View Post
                        erm...lets not get too excited.
                        marry one inshaAllah, see how that goes then take it from there. Although having money will make polygyny easier, it will not make it xompletely stress free. don't have flimsy expectations.
                        Maybe not.
                        If he marries just one, then he may find it more difficult to marry a second one later.
                        If wife no.1 is aware he wants another wife, she may try to make demands on him to prove that he should not take a second wife : financially, emotionally, etc.
                        It may be better to start with both up front.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                          Originally posted by Cold_Fire View Post
                          bro just some advice...Get married to one sister first and see if you are capable of looking after her and providing for her. then inshAllah marry the second one. dont be quick to jump the gun.
                          I don't agree. Marrying two women with any interval creates a haven for satan to provoke their sense of ghayra. A brother I know knew a man in America who did marry two women at the same time, and it was in order to prevent one from claiming priority (due to longer marriage/being younger) over the other. Marrying two at the same time would make the time shared with each of your wives absolutely, as well as relatively, equal.

                          Hanifa:lailah:
                          I didn't "REVERT" - I EVOLVED
                          Those to whom we gave Scripture before it believe in the Quran. They say, ‘we believe in it!’ when it is recited to them; 'verily, all of it is the Truth from our Lord. Indeed, even before it we have been Muslims .’ Quran 28:52-53

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                            :wswrwb:
                            I agree with sis Asiya's advice..inshaAllah go talk to ur local imam and take it from there. Also I think it would also be a good idea to tell the sis's ur intentions and that u feel u r capable of supporting 2 wives.
                            "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
                            [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is it possible to marry two wives

                              talk with the the sisters' wallis and let them know your intentions, there could be something from Allah to marry just one and the other not accept the situation, also be aware that even if they agree it still could lead to problems if you marry one of them 1st...ask advice from imam too, our opinions might be wrong.
                              أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X