Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do practicing muslim men expect from their wives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do practicing muslim men expect from their wives?

Salam,

I dont know if this topic has already been opened once but Brothers can you please give me a list of expectations that you have for your wife according to the rulings of islam i.e how you expect them to act towards you, their duties and behaviour.

JhazakhAllahu Khayr

Re: What do practicing muslim men expect from their wives?

good q
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Extensive research work has already been done on this topic quite a fewtimes. However, I haven't given this input so far. So here is what i feel.

So, as long as she implements ASAP Methodology in our lives, I am happy.
      لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

ia if she follows the teaching of muhammad (pbuh) she can never go wrong really. A sister could maybe perhaps look at the life khadija (ra) and how she supported the prophet ia you'll find a gem of a story.

Many sisters want to take over the kitchen lol, but in most cases practicing bro are more than happy to help.

just to list down a few points from the top my head, she should be highlite in his day as in, he should look forward going home from his day. She should have good character and deen. Thats about it really. You could say others like cooking and cleaning but these are shared duties so i dont think i'll include.
        Last edited by EastLondon_Bro; 17-02-09, 01:22 PM.
        ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Simple minds please simple things.

Comment

Just do be a good companion and not comprise beliefs what else could you ask for
            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

salam.

to pray 5 times a day, and to obey Allah's commandments.

anything else can be talked and agreed/disagreed on during the marrage.
              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by fatima87 View Post
                Salam,

I dont know if this topic has already been opened once but Brothers can you please give me a list of expectations that you have for your wife according to the rulings of islam i.e how you expect them to act towards you, their duties and behaviour.

JhazakhAllahu Khayr
                Men tend to have different expectations before and after they get married, i thought you women would know that by now.

But basics would be to, do the basics of Islam, like to pray, cover, not to abuse her or the guys rights, protect each others honour etc.

It works both ways, although im sure your aware most men these days are useless, hence why a lot divorce after a while or simply sitting at home claiming benefits for no reason etc. Women should just be more clever and look deeper into the situation before they get married.
                Last edited by Sipahi; 18-02-09, 10:37 AM.

Comment

to be a queen
                  And i'm not talking cleopatra or elizabeth queen
                  :lahawla:

Comment

Originally posted by AminQ View Post
                    to be a queen
                    :rofl1:

Ive always wondered what practicing men expect from their wivesss, it isnt much really is it

:inlove:

Comment

5 or 6 kids
                      Remove matzo

Comment

ImperfectBeauty...
                        Ok the word "expect" is too much, let's say it's a wish
                        :lahawla:

Comment

Originally posted by AminQ View Post
                          to be a queen
                          :rotfl: But yeah...

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                          5 or 6 kids
                          That would be mean, marrying her just for having kids... She's not some machine...
                          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                            5 or 6 kids

A wife is someone you spend the rest of your life with, you spend each moment with her and go through all the happy and sad times with her beside you, shez not someone you marry to get "5 or 6 kids"
                            Last edited by ImperfectBeauty; 18-02-09, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImperfectBeauty View Post

A wife is someone you spend the rest of your life with, you spend each moment with her and go through all the happy and sad times with her beside you, shez not someone you marry to get "5 or 6 kids"
                              People get really fired up about this kinda stuff huh?

Isn't this the kinda stuff you should talk with her about at a sit-down, rather than some random post online?

If you want my serious expectations:

- Understand the gender roles as it relates to a muslim household (i.e. I want a mother and wife, not a roommate and co-earner).

- Be there both for myself and our children... no babysitters or raising the children via tv.

- Love really isn't an issue since I don't believe in it; companionship is a good thing though.

- Don't be unpleasant to be around; I make it a point not to take "a bad day" out on anyone else and she shouldn't either.

- Stay on the haqq.

- 5 or 6 kids, the more to pray for us after we die, the better.

special considerations:

- There is one other muslim in my family; inshaAllah, that will change but realize this. My mother has already threatened to kill me if she finds out I "beat my wife" ( yeah I know, tv tells her thats what muslim men do) so don't get annoyed if she pulls you aside and asks.

- I won't deal with "back home baggage".

- Some things you may "just know" from growing up in a muslim household, I may not be aware of yet.

- I'm not touching my beard. Neither are you; you do, its over.

HAPPY LADIES?
                              Remove matzo

Comment

Working...
                              X