pakistani's and caste...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pakistani's and caste...

salamz...does anyone have any info which clearly states the wrong-ness in looking at caste before choosing a partner??
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: pakistani's and caste...

Look up the marriage of Julaybib (ra) which was arranged by the Prophet (saw). Julaybib either didn't belong to a tribe or else he belonged to a tribe which was considered to be of very low status. He was also disfigured but he was very pious and dear to the Prophet (saw). The Prophet (saw) arranged Julaybib's (ra) marriage to a woman who was the daughter of a wealthy man from an influential family with high status. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Prophet (saw) married an Ethiopian woman even though he was Arab and he arranged the marriage of Bilal (ra) to an Arab woman even though he was black African too.

Another example (although it's not specific to marriage as such) I don't remember it too well so if anyone has the actual hadith on this issue then by all means paste it. It is about a Jew that went and interacted with some people in Medina, with the intention of causing fitnah (division and discord among the Muslims). He knew that the Muslims mainly comprised of 'muhajirs' from Mecca and 'Ansar' from Medina. He got into an argument with someone and they started calling upon their fellow tribesmen for help. One of the men called out "Oh Muhajirs (come and help me)!" whilst the other called out "Oh Ansar!" so more people came and got involved in the dispute. When the Prophet (saw) found out, he became annoyed and said to his people something to his people along the lines of "You are calling for/following the ways of jahiliya (ignorance/backwardness) whilst I am still among you"- meaning that he viewed allying on the basis of tribes instead of deen as being something ignorant and backward.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Zaid bin Haritha(ra) was a freed slave he was married to Zainab the cousin of prophet(saw) although they did get divorced after but the purpose of their marriage was to show that islam believes in equality.

Comment

pshht id never marry a chaudry :vomit:
        Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

lol ^

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
            pshht id never marry a chaudry :vomit:
            why

Comment

Originally posted by Unique1 View Post
              why
              same reason i wuldnt go near a sheikh i suppose :p
              What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by angel* View Post
                same reason i wuldnt go near a sheikh i suppose :p
                y not?

Comment

Originally posted by lillayzee View Post
                  salamz...does anyone have any info which clearly states the wrong-ness in looking at caste before choosing a partner??
                  If you'll look around a little, a few weeks ago a Muslim member posted several long articles in the General section, I think, about the caste issue among Indian and Pakistani Muslims. I'm pretty sure there was Qu'ran/Sunnah-related info in those articles.

Comment

i wudnt marry a raiiN either or a marasi :rotfl:
                    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

I'll be honest I'd accept practically any nationality or origin but would be very reluctant to accept a Mirpuri rishta- WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cultural for my liking Maybe IF (trust me that's a very big IF cos' I've yet to come across any who fit that description) the guy was Islamically inclined enough to not carry the usual cultural traits I'd normally associate with Mirpuris then I'd maybe consider him but otherwise no way. In fact, that's largely true of guys of any origin- I'd want the guy to be Islamically inclined enough to not carry the jahil aspects of the mentality in his own culture wherever that is.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

i wudnt marry a raiiN either or a marasi :rotfl:
                        dont forget the mochi
                        it makes me want to know wat u are:D

Comment

salaam

Once again im surprised but more so dismayed by the attitude of some ummah members (especially pakis, before u start, im one too)

What makes you better than a 'marasi' or 'mochi'.....
                          only one thing and thats piety, otherwise jat, mochee marasee, arain, sheikh,butt and all of the other million castes (left by hindus) are all the SAME!!
                          what do you think Allah swt's gonna let you in jannah first just because your a 'choudhary' or jatt or whatever even though you openly disregard his (swt's) commands.
                          Learn more about the deen ppl and less about your 'rasam' and riwaaj'l!!
                          "Say: 'O My servants who have transgressed against your own souls, do not despair of God's mercy, for God forgives all sins. It is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.'" [Quran, 39:53]

Comment

/\ i agree, tsk tsk angel* and unique1, i am soo disappointed in you both astaghfirullah

Comment

/\ i agree, tsk tsk angel* and unique1, i am soo disappointed in you both astaghfirullah
                              You too mms, cheeky thing!!!

"Say: 'O My servants who have transgressed against your own souls, do not despair of God's mercy, for God forgives all sins. It is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.'" [Quran, 39:53]

Comment

Working...
                              X