This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you look for in a husband? [EDITED]

... [Poll made courtesy of a few requests from UMMAH members].
    Height
    15.79%
    Money
    0.00%
    Skin complexion
    5.26%
    Knowledge
    21.05%
    Looks
    5.26%
    Personality
    21.05%
    Compatibiltity - can you adapt to the bloke's way of life?
    15.79%
    Surname
    5.26%
    Beard - and mush/no mush!
    5.26%
    Moustache - no beard
    0.00%
    Other...
    5.26%

Re: What would you look for in a husband? [EDITED]

AssalamuAlaykum

These typa theads always go downhill anyway

WassalamuAlaykum
    s a b r

Comment

lmao at the mush/no mush thing hahahah:D
      "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Prophet saw said 'lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!'

so people should be 'no mush!!!'

anyway I think deen/knowledge/religion is most important and if they have that..then inshallah they will have a goood character (hoonest, respectful etc)

and once you admire someone for their personality...you will automatically begin to admire their physical features....be it height or skin complexion or nose size :scratch: feet?? whatever rocks your socks!

so that's my take on the whole 'what would you look for in a husband/wife'

if you fall in love with a persons persona...everything else follows. and this is true with friendship too...

sometimes you have good looking people but they are sooo horrible so people dont actually think they are good looking anymore. and there are people who might not be a head turner but mashallah their character is so wonderful and people enjoying being in their company, they enjoy their laughter/smile etc and end up loving their physical qualities

...my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
          Prophet saw said 'lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!'

so people should be 'no mush!!!'

anyway I think deen/knowledge/religion is most important and if they have that..then inshallah they will have a goood character (hoonest, respectful etc)

and once you admire someone for their personality...you will automatically begin to admire their physical features....be it height or skin complexion or nose size :scratch: feet?? whatever rocks your socks!

so that's my take on the whole 'what would you look for in a husband/wife'

if you fall in love with a persons persona...everything else follows. and this is true with friendship too...

sometimes you have good looking people but they are sooo horrible so people dont actually think they are good looking anymore. and there are people who might not be a head turner but mashallah their character is so wonderful and people enjoying being in their company, they enjoy their laughter/smile etc and end up loving their physical qualities

...my opinion...
          awwww:inlove:...
          what youv said is so true. inshallah, we should all aim to be beautiful on the inside and on the outside. ameen.
          "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Apparently I have took high standards blah
            “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
            Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
            He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
            And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by bint View Post
              Apparently I have took high standards blah
              it'll only take you longer to find your spouse..but maybe inshallah it will be worth it :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                it'll only take you longer to find your spouse..but maybe inshallah it will be worth it :)
                not really. Cos I know my standards are not high:) inshallah it won't take long. My own father who is very thorough has told me I am not fussy. Hope that means something..
                “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
                Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
                He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
                And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Working...
                X