• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what would you look for in a wife?

Originally posted by ibn Iyaaz View Post
    Ahem?????
    :o whaaaa....its not like im lying.. i never lie! :hidban:
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

:rotfl: @ zesty and ibn iyaaz mashallah :love: May Allah always keep you both happy in your marriage. ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
        :rotfl: @ zesty and ibn iyaaz mashallah :love: May Allah always keep you both happy in your marriage. ameen.
        LOL :inlove: Thumma Ameen! JazakAllah Khair :o
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

To be fair a lot of people say looks don't matter but in reality they do, as you will experience when you actually start looking, but then again as the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"(or something like that) so someone you find beautiful might not look too beautiful to someone else.

I myself have to admit "chemistry" as they say does matter, so not necasarilly looks but something, I've asked this question to most of my married friends and family (bros/and sisters) and they said when you find her you will know:up:

I myself am looking, but don't really know what I'm looking for

So I'll make a list:

Practicing (Hijab minimum, and someone to throw water on my face when I miss Fajar )

Intelligent

Truthful and Honest

Strong Independent but still feminine(as opposed to butch:D)

Bright personality (you know one of those people who always see the good in things and smile a lot)

A bit Nutty/Funny

Must want loads of kids at least 10:D(I love kids, I have 10 nephews and 3 nieces )

Not asking for much am I:) (I'm sure I can go on too:))

Am I asking too much?
          Am I being unrealistic?
          Is this why I'm still single?

Maan you've opened a can of worms here:(

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum

lol :masha: at the above, specially at the nuts part.

WassalamuAlaykum

:(
            s a b r

Comment

Originally posted by talib ul islam View Post
              To be fair a lot of people say looks don't matter but in reality they do, as you will experience when you actually start looking, but then again as the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"(or something like that) so someone you find beautiful might not look too beautiful to someone else.

I myself have to admit "chemistry" as they say does matter, so not necasarilly looks but something, I've asked this question to most of my married friends and family (bros/and sisters) and they said when you find her you will know:up:

I myself am looking, but don't really know what I'm looking for

So I'll make a list:

Practicing (Hijab minimum, and someone to throw water on my face when I miss Fajar )

Intelligent

Truthful and Honest

Strong Independent but still feminine(as opposed to butch:D)

Bright personality (you know one of those people who always see the good in things and smile a lot)

A bit Nutty/Funny

Must want loads of kids at least 10:D(I love kids, I have 10 nephews and 3 nieces )

Not asking for much am I:) (I'm sure I can go on too:))

Am I asking too much?
              Am I being unrealistic?
              Is this why I'm still single?

Maan you've opened a can of worms here:(
              eyy up! i love kids too :inlove: i think we're compatible :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
                eyy up! i love kids too :inlove: i think we're compatible :inlove:
                :rotfl: :rotfl: You will never change will you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                  For a spouse, I've got nothing specific other than:

Muslim
                  Less than half - witted (or should that be more than :scratch: - heuristically defined)
                  I gotta like them, they gotta like me :)

Dunno how else you can narrow it down - until you get married, at which point it's too late :D
                  It's beyond the wit of man to have a wife who is less than half-wit. ;)
                  I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by urban_rose View Post
                    not really, sis, its up to you whether you want to take his name or not, preferably keeping your own surname, in Islamic terms. Adopting his surname is more of a Western concept :)
                    It's haram for a Muslim woman to take her husband's name!
                    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                      It's haram for a Muslim woman to take her husband's name!
                      substantiate please, do surnames even play a part in Islam?
                      The day when We shall say to Hell, 'are you filled up'? It will say, 'is there something more'? Surah Qaf

Comment

we've a 101 threads on this look em up and ul see :up:
                        What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164503

surnames play a part in islam with regards to lineage because on the day of judgement people will be called by the name of their father.

so for a woman to say she is of so and so man...it is like saying she was born from her husband...which ofcourse is wrong and desnt make sense..she will always be her fathers child

however there are differences in opinions of scholars as to what name states lineage..surname of fathers first name?

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                            It's beyond the wit of man to have a wife who is less than half-wit. ;)
                            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Yes, in Islam you must not claim you're the son of so and so when you're not! It's haram.

Comment

Working...
                              X