Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Segregated Weding..are you sure..?

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
    Why is it that people cant control themselves and cant keep a segregated weding..SEGREGATED...?!

honestly its like a battle

we knw that wen some people say the wedings segregated .. it reli aint

Only in sum rareeeeee circumstances do we hav a pure segregated wedin (iv neva been 2 one ..yet)

has anyone else exprienced this before..im sure you hav?

it reli makes me MAD
    yes unfortunately this is annoying. worst is when some islamic run halls have it explicitly written in their rules 'no freemixing is allowed'

so they have 2 halls ok..men downstairs, women upstairs....ok mashallah...but then a MAN (groom) sat infront of a hall full of women :wacko: and ofcourse he is accompanied by his 'friends' and the bride has her 'friends' and astagfirullah alot of freemixing..phone numbers exchanging etc etc and the so called islamic committe who own this hall allow it :wacko: where is the sense??

yet they wont allow nasheeds :wacko:

yes I will use :wacko: emoticon alot in this post *shaking head*

anyway but it IS possible...and the problem mentioned about family members not understand the rule, well this too can be overcome inshallah

My brothers wedding was fully segregated and inshallah mine will be too :)

The key is this:

> Step 1: when talking about your wedding with family and friends, always slip in the notion of it being segregated and it's importance...constantly..like all the time...when they ask you about the food, your clothes, your...erm..car hire :confused:...answer them with '...and the wedding is segregated!!!...' followed by the answer to their question

> Step 2: write it in your invitation cards!!

something along the lines offf:

'Please note: STRICT SEGREGATION will be applied'

or something abit less in your face

"Please kindly note that segregation of men & women has been kept for a purpose and could all guests please respect this."

> Step 3: When you go to immediate relatives houses to give the cards, mention it and emphasise it alot...throw in islamic sayings if you wish but ust make sure they get it through

> Step 4: In the hall/venue, post up signs eg-

on womans entrance door: WOMAN ONLY (please respect sisters in hijaab)

strictly NO men

and vice versa for mens hall door

have posters with arrows directing people to their halls...so no man can say 'OH its my first time here..I got lost'

also, when you tell people beforehand about it, then tell them to make use of their mobile phones!!!everyone has one, so if people wanna call their mums or husbands etc the can phone ech other...no need to walk through in the hall and ask for choti cala or whatever

also, both men and womens hall should have someone in charge, usually do anyway like for food etc. these people should be given mobile phones aswell and their numbers put on the outside of the respective hall doors. so if someone does have a problem, like they cant connect through to their family or maybe mens floor need something from womens floor..they can use these main contact numbers

Inshallah my wedding plans for segregation are via those above steps and inshallah it will remain 100% segregated!!!!

Just working on the 'islamic comittee' to allow me to play nasheeds
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
      Why is it that people cant control themselves and cant keep a segregated weding..SEGREGATED...?!

honestly its like a battle

we knw that wen some people say the wedings segregated .. it reli aint

Only in sum rareeeeee circumstances do we hav a pure segregated wedin (iv neva been 2 one ..yet)

has anyone else exprienced this before..im sure you hav?

it reli makes me MAD
      two reasons really Ukthi ...

the Men are Mostly Idiotic imbeciles, who have this desire to see the Bride ...

and some of the Women and girls also have this desire to show of themselves their new dresses, stick their hair out etc ...

I've experienced it, seen it before ....

they don't really care about whats right and wrong, Haram and Halal ...

further Many weddings are based on Pagan traditions, like wearing a Mala, bending down and touching the feet of the elders to say Salam etc ... and having the Bride and Groom sit in the Front, so that everyone can Google at them ...

:jkk:
      :jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

ive been to two segregated weddins!

1 was cool, because i knew everyone in the mens section, the other one however, we had gone from girls side, and i was stuck with my uncle and we didnt know anyone in the guys section and my uncle spoke about politics all the time:(

however i dont see the need for big weddins and segregated lol, i know quite of people like that, but think about it

just go to the mosque, and get your nikkah done and instead of invitin people who you only see once in your life, you can have a small party for family n friends, and also instead of spendin bare money on a hall and that, go on a sick holiday or get your wife a heavy present:p

Comment

Originally posted by LaFanGa View Post
          however i dont see the need for big weddins and segregated lol, i know quite of people like that, but think about it

just go to the mosque, and get your nikkah done and instead of invitin people who you only see once in your life, you can have a small party for family n friends, and also instead of spendin bare money on a hall and that, go on a sick holiday or get your wife a heavy present:p
          what if your immediate family is huge itself? like 200 people

in addition, the more people you feed it's better is it not? more reward and more duas. but also feeding the poor is good too.

but if you're immediate family is around 200 people noway you can have a home wedding unless you're incredibly wealthy and have a mansion.

Comment

my immediate family is massive, like animals every month a child is bein born:p but they all backhome not here in englaand!!

if you have that much family then you can book out a hall, but do you really gotta have a massive weddin, cant you just have the nikkah and a small ish walima, if my wife whoever the lucky one maybe *blushes*:p agrees to it, i would have a small ish weddin!! big weddins most of the time, weirdos come who you dont even like lol but just gotta invite them because they are family or family friends!!

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
              im going to have guys at front women at back of the hall at my wedding, isocs told me its okay and im going to advertise it as segregated :o
              but people might take 'segregated' to mean there will be no men/ women in the hall and the sisters might get all dressed up for nothing!! Best to just tell them in advance they will need to keep hijab on.

Comment

im going to have guys at front women at back of the hall at my wedding, isocs told me its okay and im going to advertise it as segregated :o
                :salams
                errm..isocs. i dnt get it, what do you mean isocs told you its okay...as in isoc :o lol!

Comment

There are some segregated weddings i have attended, Masha'ALLAH they are quite nice! It usually involves men and woman going into different rooms. Food and drink being served seperately. I enjoyed it to be honest, Alhamdulilah! :)
                  Celebrated be the praises of thy Lord, the Lord of glory, above what they attribute!
                  And peace be upon the apostles and praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds! [Holy Quran - As Saffat]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYo9kBYNQTw

Comment

Originally posted by UkhtAlMuslimeen View Post
                    :salams
                    errm..isocs. i dnt get it, what do you mean isocs told you its okay...as in isoc :o lol!
                    isocs...i think da sis means islamic societies (at unis?) we usualy call them isoc 4 short
                    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

salam sis :)

i think you should tell the sisters though because some people wil think its completely seperate meaning no men in sight at all

but if you know there will be, its better to warn them so sisters can wear nice hijabs instead of getin sad they have to keep it on wen they did their hair al nice lol
                      "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Working...
                      X