Segregated Weding..are you sure..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segregated Weding..are you sure..?

Why is it that people cant control themselves and cant keep a segregated weding..SEGREGATED...?!

honestly its like a battle

we knw that wen some people say the wedings segregated .. it reli aint

Only in sum rareeeeee circumstances do we hav a pure segregated wedin (iv neva been 2 one ..yet)

has anyone else exprienced this before..im sure you hav?

it reli makes me MAD
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Re: Segregated Weding..are you sure..?

yeah often it happens, not necessarily the couples fault.. if the rest of the family are not that practising etc they can have a really difficult time getting them to agree or accept these kind of things, also stuff like no music, and i have even heard cases where they hav a difficult time persuading parents n family not to bring alcohol (yes.. they are muslim! )
    if segregation is not working properly, i guess jst keep ur hijab etc on incase random guys walk in and try to make the best of situation. and for ur own wedding if parents n relatives hav problem with this concept, then start trying to explain them well in advance?
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:salams
      wow...ive only ever been to segregated weddings!
      but i know what you mean about how they say its gona be segregated then you get..all these men coming in.

Comment

these people have no shame, and what's even worse is when you get the moulvi saab's sittign there eating away not saying anything about it.

i never been to them kinda weddings but i heard about the stuff that goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
          ....i have even heard cases where they hav a difficult time persuading parents n family not to bring alcohol (yes.. they are muslim! )
          if segregation is not working properly, i guess jst keep ur hijab etc on incase random guys walk in and try to make the best of situation. and for ur own wedding if parents n relatives hav problem with this concept, then start trying to explain them well in advance?
          alcohol...no!!
          actually my dad once told me about something like that. basically, they bring ppl to entertain and stuff like sing and all that rubbish...and the women who was singing or something had alcohol in the jug...which was full of 'juice'

Comment

this is unbeliveable. wot is rong with some of the muslims ?

yes inshallah my plan is always to be safe n wear hijab cos its sad cnt trust any1 sometimes

:(

the music thing reli gets on my nerves2...imajine that :asta: you have a haram weding, and make allllllllllllllllllllllllllll those people do haram with you... you get sins for your own doing and then on top of that your the reason why other people are sinning too
            "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by UkhtAlMuslimeen View Post
              :salams
              wow...ive only ever been to segregated weddings!
              but i know what you mean about how they say its gona be segregated then you get..all these men coming in.

mashallah thats very fortunate sis

Comment

my sis jus reminded me that we hav been to a segregated wedin b4.. that was wen i wos reli young lol thats y i did not remember :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                  Why is it that people cant control themselves and cant keep a segregated weding..SEGREGATED...?!

honestly its like a battle

we knw that wen some people say the wedings segregated .. it reli aint

Only in sum rareeeeee circumstances do we hav a pure segregated wedin (iv neva been 2 one ..yet)

has anyone else exprienced this before..im sure you hav?

it reli makes me MAD

I think if anyone is against segregated weddings then they should just not go to them and save themselves from talking about the couple or the family who decided to do that.
                  Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                  :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Islamiyyah View Post

I think if anyone is against segregated weddings then they should just not go to them and save themselves from talking about the couple or the family who decided to do that.
                    fair point..thats why i choose not 2 go anymore

its a general issue no specific person/couple/family is being talked about here..its depends on the intention sis

Comment

All the weddings that are within the area seem to have the same type of customs such as the dancing, expensive feasts (thats just to show other relatives that they can compete on their level as when their wedding have taken place in the past), having the most expensive cars and thats not just one car i.e for the bride and groom but for the entire generation as such, i don't know the list just goes on and on.... and in such weddings there may be no form of barkat.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                        and i have even heard cases where they hav a difficult time persuading parents n family not to bring alcohol (yes.. they are muslim! )
                        Are they Arab?
                        I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Salaam,

The few segregated wedding I've been to (all Palestinian-Jordanian) were done perfectly. Two totally separate large rooms in the same building, screens in front of the door to the women's section so that no one could see in from the outside, bathrooms just off the women's section that they could use freely without leaving the segregated part, female photographers, videographers, and dj's (yes, there was music), and an announcement over the loudspeaker about 10 minutes before the men entered saying basically 'the men will be entering, if you wear hijab, put it on now'. I'm not sure about pictures and video, but I'm told it's understood that they go only to the bride, who can in theory be trusted to make sure no one sees them who shouldn't.

Segregated weddings are extremely unusual in one of the brides' very large extended family. Still, no one 'wandered' in - everyone knows better. I think they actually hired women to 'stand guard' and not let any men in. That's a good idea - if someone needs to talk to his wife or something, the 'guardwoman' can go inside and either pass on a message, or tell her that her husband wants to see her outside. There will be another segregated wedding in that same extended family this summer insha'Allah, and I'd be surprised if anything inappropriate happened.

Where are all of you where the couple's attempts to segregate are ignored? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                            Are they Arab?
                            no
                            .: Rufaida :.
                            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

im going to have guys at front women at back of the hall at my wedding, isocs told me its okay and im going to advertise it as segregated :o
                              Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Working...
                              X