Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Married? Did you marry because..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Married? Did you marry because..

This question applies to Muslims here only, if you are married, may you please answer the poll question above. This should give us a better picture of people's attitudes towards this subject
    Yes we loved each other
    51.72%
    No
    48.28%
    Last edited by Kal-El; 28-04-08, 01:33 PM.
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Re: Are You Married? Did you marry because..

Yatta!
    [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
    [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Yes on both counts....

..and happily married mashallah...
      I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

lol *grin*
        s a b r

Comment

gheyness :vomit:
          Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

An interesting follow-up question could be;

Are you still married after marrying in either of those situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitnah Bolice View Post
              An interesting follow-up question could be;

Are you still married after marrying in either of those situations.
              Sensitive question, for some?

Comment

The results, so far, seem very interesting. There seems to be many people that loved their partner even before they married each other. I think this refers to my thread about "LOVE MARRIAGES" and how people went about it, and made sure that the manner in which they stuck glue to their relationship was brought about. I believe itm would be really reassuring if those that voted yes could share their stories (how the marriage went ahead) in my thread which is located here. http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168453

Comment

I didn't love my hubby before I married him, though I believe people can love each other before they get married. I also think love is overrated....:o
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
                    I didn't love my hubby before I married him, though I believe people can love each other before they get married. I also think love is overrated....:o
                    Everyone experiences different types of love. And to most, love is under rated
                    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                      Everyone experiences different types of love. And to most, love is under rated
                      I think mercy, understanding, being considerate, kindness and wisdom are also important. Love is important, but people pin all their hopes on this one thing. Some people may love each other but they don't know how to express love or they lack so badly in other ways it doesn't matter if love is there anymore. People who want to be loved may know that their spouse loves them but he/she does not express it in a way where they 'feel' loved.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
                        Kal-El i think your poll is quite misleading. What do you actually mean by "Did you love him/her before you married?"

• Childhood friends (grew up together) >>> Had the hot's for each other (and loved her ever since) >>> Got married
                        • Met her at university (developed some kind of love for her) >>> Got married.
                        • Engaged (developing love by writing love letters etc;) >>> Got married.

Am i making sense? :o

Comment

"Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

An even spread
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                            ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                            “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Although I knew and appreciated how good a muslim my husband was masha'Allah, I married him for love.

Luckily when I learned more and my iman grew enough to fully understand how a muslim spouse needs to be selected according to certain criteria, I didn't find myself disappointed. Alhamdulillah.

Romantic love as depicted in the Western culture/media is fed to us all since a very young age...so it can be difficult to escape that ideal, but a muslim should know better: a better, higher kid of love (that for the sake of Allah) which still includes affection, passion and closeness insha'Allah.

And this love is the absolute best because Allah SWT Himself puts the seed of it in us. How can anything else compare?

This love exists, so I hope young muslims and muslimahs won't fall for the rom com c**p, because that's selling yourself tragically short:(
                              "...Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protector and my Guardian in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as a Muslim,and join me with the righteous."12:101
                              Please as you read this, make du'a to Allah SWT to guide all those "interested in Islam" to take the decisive step.

Comment

Working...
                              X