:salams

Comment

Re: Racism and discrimination amongst muslims

Originally posted by THE PATH 2 View Post
      its also unislamic to use the islam clause to marry who you want

when its obviously UNISLAMIC ..to have a boyfriend/girlfriend

we shouldnt pick and choose our islam also
      the initial post doesn't mention anything about bf/gf?? :scratch:

Examples of situations are: a revert muslim/muslim of other race and culture proposing to the father/family. the family just say NO without even regarding his other qualities. The daughter might be interested but has no choice...this is wrong.

Yes there might be some couples who met in an un-islamic way, but may want to change their situation and MARRY so they can be halaal. It's such a great thing that they want to marry and they realised their mistake, however upon approaching the family they're like 'NO'. which again is wrong, if there aren't any islamic grounds. Because in a situation like that, if the guy/girl was same race, the parents would be quite quick to marry them. So why different if it's a different culture race etc?

I do agree this needs to a topic approached by ulamas, but the problem is...how many indian/pakistani ulamas out there would marry their own children into a different race/culture?

Thats where the hypocracy lies

Comment

A MUSLIM BELIEVES IN MUQADDAR TOO

submission

Comment

Originally posted by THE PATH 2 View Post
          A MUSLIM BELIEVES IN MUQADDAR TOO

submission
          could you please expand on your comment, because I don't see how that relates to the thread.

Comment

we make all good halal efforts to get married

but allah ultimately decides the MATCH

I ran around england for years for a match..halal

someone nearby had a sister come from india for holiday

shes now my wife alhamdulillah..and amazing compatibility..

Comment

Jzk both. it's true, alot of these cases involve reverts, but they're also a big problem amongst the non-revert muslims. It's such a shame because the revert usually has the good intention of marrying for the sake of Allah, and if they happen to be sill relatively new to Islam, not having enough knowledge may unnecessarily push them away from islam, simply because they were exposed to a false presentation of islam. Path, u rightly mentioned the sumbissive nature of Islam. The very meaning of Islam is to submit yourself to Allah. That means that he shall decide for you, regarding all matters of your life. Allah gave obligations but RIGHTS TOO, and alhamdulilah I am well to happy to refer to them if i were to feel a need. Allah said to us, Enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.

Comment

I do agree with this, I wish more scholars and sheikhs would talk about this, because it is a growing problem and an important issue with our Ummah today. When parents don't allow you to marry someone from a different race, despite his/her good character, then they are a. doing something unislamic, and b. thinking more about dunya.

Why do the parents what you to marry someone only of your race? Most of the time it's, because of what others might say. Or they simply don't want to bring a foreigner into their family tree. This is caring more about dunya then what Allah has told us. It's their culture that has taught them this way, and that is why culture is such a bad thing. Muslims are great, but culture is like a thorn on the Muslims side.

If you are a Paki and want to marry a Somalian and your parents won't allow it, then talk to them about Islam in a pleasant manner. Explain how the Prophets married people not of their race/culture/country. Explain how the ayahs in the Quran say good men with good women and bad men for bad women. Show that in the Day of Judgment Allah will not separate us by our skin colour, or our race, or by our country. He'll separate us by the different Ummahs. Explain how we all came from Prophet Adam so we are family anyways. And make du'a, a lot of it.

If that still doesn't work, then don't push it anymore. It's better that your parents are happy with you and inshallah Allah will ease their hearts into this and Allah will find you a better husband/wife.

May Allah make this situations easier for this Ummah, so we don't have to have problems like this anymore. May Allah guide us.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

tribalism is deep rooted in human nature

a HUMAN problem which islam tries to eradicate

its islam that elevated bilal r.a... a black slave to the muazzin of the prophets time

and its islam that is the solution to mankinds problems

we cannot just expect the marriage issue to go our way when we dont go allahs way

Comment

Tell them Muhammad (saw) was not Pakistani:p
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by AhlaamYasmina View Post
                      The biggest problem of all is that this problem isn’t even truly acknowledged. It may well be an issue for those individuals directly involved, but it’s not a matter that is discussed at Islamic lectures. I sometimes wonder why this dilemma isn’t addressed on a higher scale, by the culama of islam. Perhaps that way, some aspects of our cultures wouldn’t create such problems. Plz share your views. W.s
                      The issue is heavily debated by scholars and ulemas. There are so many scholars (and international) that talked about the issues, including human rights and stuff. In fact, it is even debate in Hadiths and quran alone.
                      Muslims are human being beings too, and they are immune of racism. but the issue of racism is less among muslims than non muslims and you cannot deny that.
                      compare the diversity in Masjids vs the diversity in churches, synagogues, temples and tell me what you see.
                      Issue of races is not discussed in churches for instance. In fact it is considered a political matter witch is against the law since tax free institutions are not supposed to get involved in politics.
                      From my personal experience, Indians and Paks are more into customs, culture and slam each other allot. I'm not trying to single out anyone, but most of marital/race issues , pak+indian, cultural weds and stuff are them
                      Last edited by Metroid; 09-04-08, 07:04 PM.
                      The number one reason you should adopt a black cat is because they are less likely to get adopted. I don't know the reason why

Comment

Last month i was discussing with my friend about the wedding restrictions in his tribe. they are muslims and can only marry people from their own tribe. that means no mater how good a muslim or rich you are, you wont marry one of them unless you're from the same tribe. The reason he told me was:" to preserve the our cultural heritage and the chastity of your muslim siters"
                        Believe me, i cant convince the guy that it was unislamic.
                        The number one reason you should adopt a black cat is because they are less likely to get adopted. I don't know the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by Metroid View Post
                          The reason he told me was:" to preserve the our cultural heritage and the chastity of your muslim siters"
                          Believe me, i cant convince the guy that it was unislamic.
                          That's because the backward culture of his forefathers is becoming his deen instead of Islam. May Allah (swt) guide him with a wake up call- ameen.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

The main problem is that the older generation is consumed in their culture and tradition, and the so called scholars and ulemmah are in the same state. In alot of the so called muslim countries the scholars and ulemmahs have lost their credibility, ppl don't take them seriously anymore... I recently went back home and noticed that everyone is muslim yet most don't follow. Other then the azan it doesn't really feel that you are in a muslim country. Rather a place where ppl are struggling to fulfil their desires/needs and are consumed in their cultures.
                            Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

Comment

I am a white revert to Islam. I have been in the religion for over 7 years.
                              I have known a good Somali woman for a couple of those years. We have not dated or touched, but have talked alot. We both desire to get married, but she is sure her parents will say NO.

Because I am not from her tribe or race.

She said that she would still marry me even if they say No. But she would be disowned.

It makes me sick to think of comming between her and her family. I can't do that.

We are both dedicated to Islam and want to do the right thing.

She is a beautiful person, covers, and has memorized the Quran.

I am at a loss..............

Comment

Working...
                              X