Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should A Man Listen To His Wifes Suggestions And Consult Her About Matters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should A Man Listen To His Wifes Suggestions And Consult Her About Matters?

Question:
    I wish to know something regarding the way women should be handled. I wish to know ARE MEN SUPPOSE TO TAKE ADVICE or SUGGESTIONS from women? I ask this question because I see that women advise and suggest from emotions and heart rather than their minds. I want to know to what level does a man listens to his wife?.

Answer:
    Allaah says, enjoining kindness towards one's wife (interpretation of the meaning):

, 3314.
    Undoubtedly consulting one's wife and listening to her advice and accepting it is part of living with them honourably and treating them with kindness.

It softens her heart and makes her feel that she is playing a role in the family and that she is responsible for her family, especially if the man finds that his wife has wisdom and common sense, and has intuition, and she does not jump to conclusions or let herself be swayed by emotions.

Moreover, the benefits to be gained by consulting one's wife and accepting her opinion, or not doing so, may vary according to the topic concerning which the wife is being consulted and asked for her opinion: is her emotional nature going to affect her view on this matter or not?

It may also vary according to the nature of each of the spouses and how much wisdom and common sense each of them has.
    If the husband thinks that it makes sense to reject her opinion or he thinks that her view is mistaken, he has to be kind in the way in which he rejects her opinion or advice, and he should not accuse her of being silly or say that her opinion is worthless, and he should explain to her what is correct, as much as he can.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This points to the virtue of consultation, and that it is permissible to consult a virtuous wife.

Also think about the story of Moosa AS, and how Allaah SWT caused him to be raised in the house of Pharaoh, and how much blessing there was in the advice of Aasiya, the wife of Pharaoh (may Allaah be pleased with her), of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
    [al-Qasas 28:9]

In the same soorah there is the story of the two women at the well of Midyan, and how one of them said to her father (interpretation of the meaning):
    [al-Qasas 28:26]

Look at how wise she was, and how she knew who was the best qualified to be hired and entrusted with work, and what a great blessing this advice brought to her family.
    And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Whoever asked that question clearly isn't ready for marriage.
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Last edited by Kubs; 21-02-08, 07:23 PM.
      Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
        So true.....
        I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
            Originally posted by Kubs View Post
            The fact that this man even asked this question is beyond stupidity.

Why should men listen? First and foremost...she is his wife. And when you make a commitment to another person you are committing your whole 'self'. By listening to her views he is indirectly telling her that she is appreciated. It shows respect and consideration.
            Originally posted by afsalim View Post
            So true.....

seeking knowledge is not stupid, sitting in ignorance and acting on that ignorance is what is silly.

Alot of brothers live by the stance that whatever the wife says is rubbish and in return have a weak and vunerable relatuionship.
            The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

at best they are applying 50% of the resources. Probably less.

If I made all the decisions in this household myself, we'd be using about 30% of the brain power we have. Maybe less. :o

It just wouldn't make sense.

Plus it's not fair because we both are affected by mistakes we make. And we both benefit from good decisions we make. So why not collaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                If a couple is making decisions with only one brain, instead of two, then at best they are applying 50% of the resources. Probably less.

If I made all the decisions in this household myself, we'd be using about 30% of the brain power we have. Maybe less. :o

It just wouldn't make sense.

Plus it's not fair because we both are affected by mistakes we make. And we both benefit from good decisions we make. So why not collaborate?
                Unfortunately some brothers do not believe this and live by their culture instead of their deen.

Hence they believe they can make the "right" decision everytime throughout their life.

Comment

:salams

Comment

two people.

Therefore.. two people have a say in it :up:
                    :love: MashaAllah :love:

Comment

.: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                      X