This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somalian women and marriage

I have noticed in America and the uk that alot of them are doing everything 2 marry white men no matter in what shape they come...i see them in mosques litarally asking for white men and not even caring about there imaan

i'm not a somalian nor am i judging them but why are they acting these way?

i dont see pakistani and arab sisters being so desperate

Re: Somalian women and marriage

somalian brothers i know tell me its there hatred towards there own fathers and brothers cuz of the war that there so easily 2 influence

Comment

Somali guys have a bad reputation amongst Somali women, and in most cases, with valid reason. That's just not the only factor but it's the reason why some sisters want a non-Somali. Some Muslims are attracted to reverts, for one reason or another, and most reverts just happen to be Caucasian in those countries. I think you'll find that, regardless if you're Pakistani, Indian, Somali or whatever - some just do not want to marry in their own race because they're put off by the general behaviour, or stereotype, of their women/men. I was once adamantly against marrying a Somali girl, I would laugh at the suggestion but you know things change.

Personally I think it's great that elders are now more open to the idea of their children marrying different races. Once, they were against even marrying outside their own caste.
      Last edited by Kal-El; 04-02-08, 02:14 PM.
      If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

I have no clue what both of you are talking about. Yes I am Somali.
        Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
        "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

Originally posted by abdusamad View Post
          I have no clue what both of you are talking about. Yes I am Somali.
          He's saying he's seen alot of Somali sisters marry White reverts whilst Somali brothers are left out.

Comment

The problem with that is?
            Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
            "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

The problem with that is?
              He was saying that he doesn't see that happening as much with sisters of other ethnicities; so his point being Somali sisters are ignoring Somali men.

Personally I don't see that as a problem but its up to how one interprets the whole thing I suppose. I think he's implying that they have the wrong idea of Somali men and its not fair to generalise them.

Comment

They can marry eskimos if they are ok with it. This thread belongs in the dust bin. I see no benefit from it.

Comment

How successful are they in finding white brothers?

Comment

They can marry eskimos if they are ok with it. This thread belongs in the dust bin. I see no benefit from it.
                    What I've seen, not in specifically Somali's, is that sometimes people are unsure of the marrying reverts or, in basic terms, someone who is outside your ethnicity. This isn't to suggest these people are ignorant or racist, but when suddenly it becomes "normal", in comparison to previous trends, that e.g. Asian sisters start marrying white brothers, some people would look down on that thinking those sisters are just following a cultural trend, that marrying white brothers is fashionable or socially more appealing for some reason.

I've heard elders discussing this, and making this point and it seems that the displeasure that may be associated with the marrying outside your race is not based on that fact, colour, but the assumption that sisters are just following a cultural thing e.g. her friend marries a white brother and speaks so highly of him, she wants to find a white revert as well and ignores other proposals without getting them a chance. So it causes resentment and unfortunately, a stigma towards the idea of marrying out of race.

Comment

This is one OFFENSIVE thread to caucasian revert brother.

Comment

there are loads of young somalian and other black guys in the mosques but they (somalian women) ask specifically for whites..

Comment

Originally posted by Raashid View Post
                          How successful are they in finding white brothers?
                          what i have seen the white reverts are more interested in arab/pakistani women

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaluddin View Post
                            there are loads of young somalian and other black guys in the mosques but they (somalian women) ask specifically for whites..
                            But do they get what they want?

Comment

This is one OFFENSIVE thread to caucasian revert brother.
                              True, it can cause offence

Originally posted by Jamaluddin View Post

It doesn't matter though to be quite frank. Ask around, many Somali guys don't want Somali women either.

Originally posted by Raashid View Post
                              But do they get what they want?

I've known a couple of sisters who've married White brothers. It's not rare like it used to be, but it's certainly the vast minority of the younger sisters. I don't think they generalise Somali guys and dismiss them, but to be honest alot of Somali men need to change their ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X