X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why most women don't like polygamy?

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
    Provide your evidence!
    well i don't know sunni fiqh regarding this, but according to shia scholars, you need permission of wife.

Comment

This is to particularly discuss they reaons women don't like polygamy! It's not whether polygamy is allowed!
      ya but like why wouldn't you just ask a potential partner this - the reasons for this have been given so many times in numerous threads bro
      :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
        theres no daleel for that, no man needs the permission of his wife to remarry he can tell her out of good manners, but he doesnt need her "permission"
        oh, I didn't know it was that way in sunni fiqh

Comment

He thinks he can do it!
          Allah has made it halal for him?
          So, why is your objection?
          i don't object to polygamy.

i just don't want to be married to a polygamous man, that's all, it's a personal thing.

it depends on the situation, in some cases with polygamy, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages (if the man is not financially able to support another family or if he's lacking in moral character), in other cases, polygamy is a good solution (if his first wife can't bear him enough kids for eg.).

by the way, i'm a sunni, i was taught that men need permission from their first wives before taking another. if she objects, she has the right to a divorce...maybe the ruling is different for different madhabs.
          The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by tickledpinko View Post
            i don't object to polygamy.

i just don't want to be married to a polygamous man, that's all, it's a personal thing.

it depends on the situation, in some cases with polygamy, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages (if the man is not financially able to support another family or if he's lacking in moral character), in other cases, polygamy is a good solution (if his first wife can't bear him enough kids for eg.).
            I told you the man can do it fairly, so why do you still not like it? The reasons?
            I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

I think we had a thread on this a while back.

Type polygamy in the search button and you'll see loads of threads related to this.
              Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
                ya but like why wouldn't you just ask a potential partner this - the reasons for this have been given so many times in numerous threads bro
                Care to tell us yours?
                I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                  I think we had a thread on this a while back.

Type polygamy in the search button and you'll see loads of threads related to this.
                  Come on Kubra! Just say the reasons

Comment

Care to tell us yours?
                    I don't have issues with polygamy alhamdulillah - if a man has the means then by all means he should re-marry if that is his wish.

not everyone has issues with it - just so you know

Come on Kubra! Just say the reasons
                    if she don't tell you - good for her

Comment

I don't have issues with polygamy alhamdulillah - if a man has the means then by all means he should re-marry if that is his wish.

not everyone has issues with it - just so you know
                      The problem is that those who reject it believe that there is an issue with those who accept it! What do you think?

Comment

1. I don't like mashed peas
                        2. I don't like men
                        3. I don't like women

come on Saudi Prince, they've said it's a personal thing. I'm sure there are some things you just don't like.

Personally, I can't stand delicately stewed snails. Don't ask me, it just makes me queasy.
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

The problem is that those who reject it believe that there is an issue with those who accept it! What do you think?
                          I think I'd like to bash your head in - but then again I think a lot

Comment

if she don't tell you - good for her
                            Why do you think so? Should there be a reason when people are for or against something?

Comment

there are two topics that do not need any more threads abt them ever!

this is one of them,

(the other is madhabs..if any of u were wondering :p)

thread closed.
                              i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

: Re: Why most women don't like polygamy?

why is it that saudi b'rince can ask everyone questions, like we are his class and he is our teacher

but he feels it is beneath him to even respond to his own questions?
                                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                                X