This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why most women don't like polygamy?

Most women don't like polygamy! Can women please tell us about the reasons why they don't like it?

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Re: Why most women don't like polygamy?

I think the reason is todo with the impression saudi kings have given to the women. i.e marry one den divorce soon after etc.

Comment

Some women have a hard time sharing their husbands, or were raised in a lifestyle where having more than wife isnt the norm. Alhamdulillah I accept it, but I wont be able to cope with a co-wife. I know many sisters who were or who are co-wives and they are happy with it. Allahu Allam.

I hope this thread doesnt turn into another argument :insha:
      Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
      :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
        I think the reason is todo with the impression saudi kings have given to the women. i.e marry one den divorce soon after etc.
        No need for childish behaviours! This is a serious discussion!
        I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
          What refute my point. Its true

Comment

maybe brother, people do not wana discuss this as this topic has been overdone many times...
            :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
              maybe brother, people do not wana discuss this as this topic has been overdone many times...
              This is to particularly discuss they reaons women don't like polygamy! It's not whether polygamy is allowed!

Comment

had a poll on this, majority voted in favour masha Allah :up: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...light=polygamy
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I don't mind my husband marrying another if I end up infertile or something....
                  But if I can give birth to lots of kids and fulfill my duties as a wife why should he take another, it just seems like he wants to do it for the sake of his own desires, lots of men these days abuse their right to be polygamous.
                  anyways there are heavy responsibilities that come with taking another wife, it's only going to be a burden for him in this day and age.
                  The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Mohammad (saw) didn't marry ne1 else as long as Khadeeja (as) was alive.

Ali (as) didn't marry ne1 else as long as Fatima (as) was alive.

Shariah wise, it might've been impossible for them because i might've been impossible to act fair with others when they truly love the one they first married in a way that they would not love any other.

A lot of women hope is that sort of marriage love bond maybe, looking for that, so hate the idea of it being other then that.

Comment

Originally posted by tickledpinko View Post
                      I don't mind my husband marrying another if I end up infertile or something....
                      But if I can give birth to lots of kids and fulfill my duties as a wife why should he take another, it just seems like he wants to do it for the sake of his own desires, lots of men these days abuse their right to be polygamous.
                      anyways there are heavy responsibilities that come with taking another wife, it's only going to be a burden for him in this day and age.
                      He thinks he can do it!
                      Allah has made it halal for him?
                      So, why is your objection?

Comment

ek bandi sambhal nahi sakte, aur chaar ke peechay baagte hein

classic quote
                        Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

He thinks he can do it!
                          Allah has made it halal for him?
                          So, why is your objection?
                          Well Allah (swt) made it haram without wife consent for a good reason too maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai View Post
                            Well Allah (swt) made it haram without wife consent for a good reason too maybe?
                            theres no daleel for that, no man needs the permission of his wife to remarry he can tell her out of good manners, but he doesnt need her "permission"
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai View Post
                              Provide your evidence!

Comment

Working...
                              X