Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During "Iddah" after talaaq

Aslam o alaikum

I would like to know the ruling of how to best observe the days of "Iddah" following talaaq.For example what rules should be followed, what should be done and what should not be done acc.to Islam.

For example, if a woman is working in the uk, can she continue to work whilst not adorning her self, not induldging in un-necessary contact/comunication with males. Basically, keeping herself to her herself.

Thank you.

Re: During "Iddah" after talaaq

Can you please help me to understand the rulings on iddat? My current understanding is that a woman is not supposed to leave her house for the entire duration, unless necessary for earning a living or some other unavoidable task. This means, of course, that she would be indoors all the other days. If she has no need to work, then she would be inside all days.

In the Name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

The divine rulings of the Shariah are not based on our understanding from our intellect, but on the wisdom of the All-Wise and All-Merciful.

It is generally due to the lack of our faith that we do not understand the divine rulings and due to the extremely materialistic environment and mentality that has overcome us. It would be advisable to read a commentary on Surah al TalaqHidayadivorcees [mentioned above]fahishaNor should they themselves go forthMarghinani, Hidaaya, Babul Idda, pg 428)

It is mentioned in Hidaya(Zafar Uthmani, Imdad al Ahkam,, Ahsan al Fataawa, pg 441 Vol.5)

The wisdom of the idda (waiting period) is because to know if the womb of the woman is free i.e. if she has conceived or not. This can be known only during the three months.

This is mentioned in HidaayaMarghinani, Hidaaya, Babul Idda, pg 422)

Note that divorcees are three types:

1) who has been given threefold divorce in return for remuneration given to the husband.
    2) who has been given threefold divorce.
    3) who was given a decisive divorce. (al-`Inaya Sharh al-Hidaya)

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=182&CATE=11
    Last edited by Omar; 05-01-08, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Re: During "Iddah" after talaaq

Iddah doesnt mean house arrest.
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Working...
      X