X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Living the Single Life...

mashaŠllah...beautiful article, jzk 4 posting here bro
    :inlove:
    Verily Allah(s.w.t) is with the Patient ones!

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
      that's subject to ikhtilaaf actually ^
      What subject to ikhtilaaf, the fact that she is trying to say single life isnt all that bad?

Well despite the ikhtilaaf, its the opinion of Shaykh Abu Muslim Ibn Muslim that to encourage people to get married is indeed a good deed [see his book: ummah book of marriage, topic no 49803] as marriage is a sunnah and keeps the people away from fahsha. The opposing view is of shaykhul marriage section ibn sulaiman al zawjah[pg.589 - members list] who believes it should have been posted hence why he posted it.

And now I'm just chatting mess cos despite the fact your post pointed to mine I know you weren't referring to my post.
      http:/www.alghurabaa.org
      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Ya I read this before. It's pretty interesting. However, I don't understand how she met many prospective husbands and not marry any...even though they met her criteria...if they are meeting her criteria, then why is she rejecting them? For other reasons? Well i think she needs to lower her standards in those "OTHER" categories.
        " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
          What subject to ikhtilaaf, the fact that she is trying to say single life isnt all that bad?

Well despite the ikhtilaaf, its the opinion of Shaykh Abu Muslim Ibn Muslim that to encourage people to get married is indeed a good deed [see his book: ummah book of marriage, topic no 49803] as marriage is a sunnah and keeps the people away from fahsha. The opposing view is of shaykhul marriage section ibn sulaiman al zawjah[pg.589 - members list] who believes it should have been posted hence why he posted it.

And now I'm just chatting mess cos despite the fact your post pointed to mine I know you weren't referring to my post.
          No akhi she wasn't referring to your post. She was referring to the comment made by Saudi Prince about women being able to go to hajj in groups. She was stating (as Tranquility mentioned) that this is not the only opinion and other shuyookh disagree with this. Allah knows best.
          When I grow up, I want to be just like my aunty Nazias and Insomniac Insha Allah...A TREE HUGGER :love: :inlove: :love:
          BOYCOTT CATTERKILLERS!!!

Comment

Am I the only one who things this article is sending the wrong message?

How can a muslim just marry and divorce like that? Subhanallah!

Maybe there is a need to focus on what divorce means and how its hated in Islaam.
            God will not forsake those upholding his religion.

:lahawla:

Comment

Originally posted by umm_yusuf View Post
              No akhi she wasn't referring to your post. She was referring to the comment made by Saudi Prince about women being able to go to hajj in groups. She was stating (as Tranquility mentioned) that this is not the only opinion and other shuyookh disagree with this. Allah knows best.
              :salams,

Ummm, I think the bro realises that . That's why he said:

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post

Originally posted by LastFriday
              Ya I read this before. It's pretty interesting. However, I don't understand how she met many prospective husbands and not marry any...even though they met her criteria...if they are meeting her criteria, then why is she rejecting them? For other reasons? Well i think she needs to lower her standards in those "OTHER" categories.
              Indeed!

Wassalam.
              Last edited by Z-Blade; 04-01-08, 04:39 AM.
              "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
              And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
              We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
              And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
              Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Blade View Post

Ummm, I think the bro realises that . That's why he said:

wa 'alaikum salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkaatuh,
                I know he knows akhi, i just wanted to point out for those who didn't know that he knows what she was talking about:).
                Last edited by umm uthman; 04-01-08, 04:48 AM. Reason: forgot to answer salaam *embarassed purple face*
                When I grow up, I want to be just like my aunty Nazias and Insomniac Insha Allah...A TREE HUGGER :love: :inlove: :love:
                BOYCOTT CATTERKILLERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by a mu-min View Post

Maybe there is a need to focus on what divorce means and how its hated in Islaam.
                  I agree.
                  Divorce is being taken very lightly by some of our ummah and I thought that to some extent the article seemed to justify it by saying that it was in her destiny.
                  I wonder how much people try to actually make a marriage work sometimes before they declare that Allah has intended them to be single?
                  May Allah guide us all and protect us from doing that which He dislikes.

Comment

Originally posted by umm_yusuf View Post
                    wa 'alaikum salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkaatuh,
                    I know he knows akhi, i just wanted to point out for those who didn't know that he knows what she was talking about:).

SUUuure you did :').

Wassalam.
                    "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
                    And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
                    We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
                    And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
                    Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post

and me posting stuff like this doesnt mean im marriage obsessed :p
                      Akhi that was a Blunder if ever there was one ... :D:up:

we now know you is properly marriage Obsessed ... which is a Good thing Insha'allah, May Allah grant you a Muttaqeen Muslimah asap! :up:

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel View Post
                        Akhi that was a Blunder if ever there was one ... :D:up:

we now know you is properly marriage Obsessed ... which is a Good thing Insha'allah, May Allah grant you a Muttaqeen Muslimah asap! :up:

:jkk:
                        not true...
                        i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by a mu-min View Post

do you know why it didnt work out? shes harly going to divulge personal info?!
                          Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah85 View Post
                            do you know why it didnt work out? shes harly going to divulge personal info?!

That is correct. We do not know the whole story. Surely a couple has to try to reconcile their differences first - divorce should never be the primary option.

Regarding the single life, we should all aim to find our life partner who we can love and share all of life's ups and downs Inshallah.

Comment

Working...
                            X