X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: has he got G's

Originally posted by boori View Post
    Salam...

Someone who marrried their "Soul Mate" (MashAllah practising brother and sister) told me once that... they could live in a cardboard box and be happy as long as they were together....

Dont get me wrong I dont want you waiting behind Tescos recycling bins...its just a saying...:hidban:
    :salams

yeh :D:D:D:D:D ....tabarakAllah :o
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

i think im too dreamy for this thread
      if u mean too many expectations, then theres nothing wrong with wanting ur husband to have money to buy you stuff beyond the minium.

if u think u can marry with the bare minium tabarakallah.

May Allah swt reward all the sisters whom think alike and willing to marry brothers who can only provide the bare minium with blessed happy marriages.ameen.

*waks head* its nearly 1am i better go do some work lol

Comment

Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
        if u mean too many expectations, then theres nothing wrong with wanting ur husband to have money to buy you stuff beyond the minium.

if u think u can marry with the bare minium tabarakallah.

May Allah swt reward all the sisters whom think alike and willing to marry brothers who can only provide the bare minium with blessed happy marriages.ameen.

*waks head* its nearly 1am i better go do some work lol

ameen

well some days its like ur all like yeh we could just share a tin of beans together if we had to... and like all that :inlove: stuff would be for paradise inshaAllah, n ud just be like u know :D that inshaAllah he'd be the one that ud share ur time in paradise with :love:

but some days its like u see a really nice dress and ur like oh... i wish i could have that

i think it might be harder if u have kids cos ud want ur kids to be properrrrrrrrr :D all the time and have the bestest stuff everrrrrrr inshaAllah... but if it was just u 2, then the tin of beans could taste like the best meal u ever had? :o
        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Salam...

Someone who marrried their "Soul Mate" (MashAllah practising brother and sister) told me once that... they could live in a cardboard box and be happy as long as they were together....

Dont get me wrong I dont want you waiting behind Tescos recycling bins...its just a saying...:hidban:
          :rotfl: That's a cute exaggeration..
          May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
          I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
          My Blog

Comment

i think it might be harder if u have kids cos ud want ur kids to be properrrrrrrrr :D all the time and have the bestest stuff everrrrrrr inshaAllah...
            indeed but There is an ayah in the holy quran which comes to mind regarding not having children out of fear of poverty for them.its not permissable not to have children out fo fear of poverty for them. maybe someone can post the ayah inshallah.

Comment

As Salaamu Alaikum,

He should have a house of his own. Extended family business doesn't quite work well here in the west. Where houses are small, and the walls are thin. He should have a stable income. The necessary maturity, however this isn’t really a must, because he could marry an immature sister and they could work quite well, like butter on toast.

He should feel that he can offer something real to a marriage, and make the marriage what it will be, rather than having nothing to offer, waiting for marriage to make him the man he wants to be.

There's more, but can't think right now.

Ma'aSalaama
              IBNMUSLIM
              Bringing the Youth back to the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
                i think it would be possible to get by on about 10K a year
                depends how materialistic yer wife is though :p
                Originally posted by Abu Mu'adh View Post
                clothes to wear, a roof over her head and food on the table is sufficient.
                Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                depends. If you wanna marry a princess (like some of the ummah sisters ) then whatever you make aint enough. But generally I think 10k should be enough for you to provide the basic necessities (thats basically minimum wage)

Having said that - Im a student and married and alhamdulillah I manage to cover most of the costs for myself and my wife. so its possible. Or you could say Im a TP who's got married, lives at parents (in uni holidays), and is starting a family without an income. either way its all gud :up:
                Originally posted by MMS View Post
                guess if u find the perfect person, povertys not a big deal :p
                you can live with the bare minimum

Salam...

This is the kinda outlook I have - rolled into one - which my dad's not too happy about.

“whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things” [al-Talaaq 65:2-3].

“Let the rich man spend according to his means, and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him. Allaah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

“And if you turn away from them (relatives, the poor etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but you have no money at the time they ask for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then speak unto them a kind, soft word (i.e., Allaah will give me and I shall give you).” [al-Isra’ 18:28]

u can start with so much and then lose it all, or start with nothing and gain so much... life is ever changing...Allah swt written how much we're all gonna have when inshaAllah we start familys and that wont change whether you had married the richest or poorest man on earth, if it was menta be a certain amount... itd stay that amount...

“And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning].

the most important thing when it comes to marrying someone is their heart right... and nowadays findin someone with a :inlove: :love: is rare...

anyway sorry if i didnt help...:o
                nah Masha'Allaah this is good stuff - JazakAllaah khair for the ammunition :)

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
                Forget minimum wage, Living on the "Dole" will get you by too.. Alot of benefits i tell ya!
                for a guy, you are just too :wacko: beyond words...
                :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham Abu View Post

He should feel that he can offer something real to a marriage, and make the marriage what it will be, rather than having nothing to offer, waiting for marriage to make him the man he wants to be.
                  wisewords.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post

what exactly qualifies as a man being able to maintain a family?

I think the ability to earn a decent amount of money qualifies them as being able to maintain a family, so I guess that means anyone hardworking, responsible with money etc - and it'd prob help if they have some saved up to start off with.
                    The kitchen's a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with Science. It's Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Yes, there's History. Yes, there's Artistry. Yes, to all of that... but what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all Science :banan:

Comment

:jkk:

do you mean accomodation of own or own a house of his own? (the latter would be asking a bit much to be honest)

Comment

This is the kinda outlook I have - rolled into one - which my dad's not too happy about.
                        nah Masha'Allaah this is good stuff - JazakAllaah khair for the ammunition :)
                        lool not one of my posts wer quoted *sad face* i dont know why i bother lool jokes. on a serious note...just shows how much ur dad cares 4 ya mashallah coz u must be able to see where hes coming from now?? (kinda like the view i was putting across right?)

Comment

its about havin da abilty to change season wenever u wnt 2.. wen da 1 ur in is annoying

alot of yung mumins mA are on gettin married yung..cant blame them..but thers no point till ur paper is rite frm a mans point of view...no point bringing all da ppl ur responsible for in2 unecessary hardships

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell

https://youtu.be/j3DSSQfuRVE

Comment

Great thread!!! mashallah *thumsb up*
                            lets be realistic everyone says the bare basics, but i wudnt want my sister marry someone who lived there life on the bare basics even if he had the capabilities.obv theres much more to consider etc. and its different if u get married whilst in the education system.i personally would want to be able to give my wife more then the basics and i personally think a car is a must in the short term and longterm.

realistically however if marry young , then its obv different.
                            longrun i think 18-25 K would be good.
                            short run as much as u can lol.

but then again, what ever allah swt has written for the 2 individuals will be there provisions
                            hmm thas my dad's view - more than bare basics - comfortable life - which is a good thing to want for one's child alhamdulillah - but you can live in comfort one day and fall out of it another with the state of how things change so quickly...

though I def see where my dad and you are coming from...

lool not one of my posts wer quoted *sad face* i dont know why i bother lool jokes. on a serious note...just shows how much ur dad cares 4 ya mashallah coz u must be able to see where hes coming from now?? (kinda like the view i was putting across right?)
                            I can see where he's coming from - but I duno I see it like this - subhanAllaah you could have it all one day and lose it all another....
                            Last edited by insomniac; 30-12-07, 03:43 AM.

Comment

hmm thas my dad's view - more than bare basics - comfortable life - which is a good thing to want for one's child alhamdulillah - but you can live in comfort one day and fall out of it another with the state of how things change so quickly...

though I def see where my dad and you are coming from...
                              its good 2 be comfortable but jus dont spoil ur children cos tht'l take out their hunger for success in dis world.

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell

https://youtu.be/j3DSSQfuRVE

Comment

$70,000 US Dollars is good to maintain a family and keep them happy.
                                Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Working...
                                X