Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has he got G's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • has he got G's

    are men really ready to start up families?

    what exactly qualifies as a man being able to maintain a family?

    how much money would someone really need in the UK to start up a family?



    (curiosity killed the cat I know - but at least the cat died knowing)

    please keep to thread topic :insha:
    :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:


    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

  • #2
    Re: has he got G's

    He should have sufficient to take care of a family.

    Its no good marrying a woman and then putting her on benefit for no good reason. If a man is working hard Masha Allah but is still struggling then Alhamdulilllah, he can seek assistance from the Government only in as much as can subsidise his income.

    Also if a man loses his job and is out there trying to get another or he falls ill or in uni trying to get an education or whatever legitimate reason that forces him to put his wife on benefit, then Alhamdulillah.

    But its no good getting married to a lazy bum who stays at home like a woman not doing anything to provide for his family yet wants to start exercising his authority with regards to his rights as a husband or telling her he wants a second wife...

    I'd rather be single than be tied down to such a burden.

    Allah knows best.
    That's my two cents:D.
    When I grow up, I want to be just like my aunty Nazias and Insomniac Insha Allah...A TREE HUGGER :love: :inlove: :love:
    BOYCOTT CATTERKILLERS!!!


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: has he got G's

      i think it would be possible to get by on about 10K a year
      depends how materialistic yer wife is though :p
      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: has he got G's

        clothes to wear, a roof over her head and food on the table is sufficient.
        “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: has he got G's

          depends. If you wanna marry a princess (like some of the ummah sisters ) then whatever you make aint enough. But generally I think 10k should be enough for you to provide the basic necessities (thats basically minimum wage)

          Having said that - Im a student and married and alhamdulillah I manage to cover most of the costs for myself and my wife. so its possible. Or you could say Im a TP who's got married, lives at parents (in uni holidays), and is starting a family without an income. either way its all gud :up:
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: has he got G's

            Great thread!!! mashallah *thumsb up*
            lets be realistic everyone says the bare basics, but i wudnt want my sister marry someone who lived there life on the bare basics even if he had the capabilities.obv theres much more to consider etc. and its different if u get married whilst in the education system.i personally would want to be able to give my wife more then the basics and i personally think a car is a must in the short term and longterm.

            realistically however if marry young , then its obv different.
            longrun i think 18-25 K would be good.
            short run as much as u can lol.

            but then again, what ever allah swt has written for the 2 individuals will be there provisions
            Last edited by ADZ w3; 30-12-07, 01:10 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: has he got G's

              ain't sure about the car thing, although i wouldn't want the wifey goin by public transport, no point buying her a car she'll only damage it, perhaps a banger (small nissan micra or something along those lines) though loool
              “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: has he got G's

                Originally posted by Abu Mu'adh View Post
                ain't sure about the car thing, although i wouldn't want the wifey goin by public transport, no point buying her a car she'll only damage it, perhaps a banger (small nissan micra or something along those lines) though loool
                lool you dont have to buy her one, u can have one and share it lol.
                but see say its 10 pm and u and ur wife wana go somwhere what you gona do? catch the night bus? or train?
                and its not that hard tog et a car nowa days, u can buy a cheap one does not have to be a BMW as long as it gets u both from a to b.
                Last edited by ADZ w3; 30-12-07, 01:19 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: has he got G's

                  provide for her needs and at least some of her wants, provided her wants aren't above normal standards.
                  May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                  I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                  *
                  My Blog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: has he got G's

                    Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
                    lool you dont have to buy her one, u can have one and share it lol.
                    hell noooo, she ain't touching mine! except when she's cleaning it
                    “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: has he got G's

                      guess if u find the perfect person, povertys not a big deal :p
                      you can live with the bare minimum

                      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: has he got G's

                        :salams

                        “whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things” [al-Talaaq 65:2-3].

                        “Let the rich man spend according to his means, and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him. Allaah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

                        “And if you turn away from them (relatives, the poor etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but you have no money at the time they ask for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then speak unto them a kind, soft word (i.e., Allaah will give me and I shall give you).” [al-Isra’ 18:28]

                        u can start with so much and then lose it all, or start with nothing and gain so much... life is ever changing...Allah swt written how much we're all gonna have when inshaAllah we start familys and that wont change whether you had married the richest or poorest man on earth, if it was menta be a certain amount... itd stay that amount...

                        “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning].

                        the most important thing when it comes to marrying someone is their heart right... and nowadays findin someone with a :inlove: :love: is rare...

                        anyway sorry if i didnt help...
                        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: has he got G's

                          public transport stinks man anyways good thread mashAllah... another late night interetsing thread

                          i think it depends on what her needs are some sisters maybe studying or whatever...

                          i dont think u can out a figure as much... but as long as he can provide for her without putting her out like moving from bedsit to whatever everyday etc

                          but i actually think if he has space at his hosue n his parents are kind and generous and loving towards her as a temporary soluation to get himself fized up no prob.. but by no means a permenant thing... cause most likely he will get lazy and think provididng is a doddle

                          inshAllah he should not underestimate the difficulties he may come across.. and she shouldnt be over zealous materialistically
                          Bye bye :salams

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: has he got G's

                            Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                            :salams

                            “whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things” [al-Talaaq 65:2-3].

                            “Let the rich man spend according to his means, and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him. Allaah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

                            “And if you turn away from them (relatives, the poor etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but you have no money at the time they ask for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then speak unto them a kind, soft word (i.e., Allaah will give me and I shall give you).” [al-Isra’ 18:28]

                            u can start with so much and then lose it all, or start with nothing and gain so much... life is ever changing...Allah swt written how much we're all gonna have when inshaAllah we start familys and that wont change whether you had married the richest or poorest man on earth, if it was menta be a certain amount... itd stay that amount...

                            “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning].

                            the most important thing when it comes to marrying someone is their heart right... and nowadays findin someone with a :inlove: :love: is rare...

                            anyway sorry if i didnt help...
                            Indeed.

                            guess if u find the perfect person, povertys not a big deal
                            you can live with the bare minimum
                            hmm but then wudnt u want to give that person (ie if ur the guy not that u look like one lool) more then the bare minimum.

                            ok, and can sum1 just clarify whats the bare minium??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: has he got G's

                              Originally posted by ADZ w3 View Post
                              Indeed.



                              hmm but then wudnt u want to give that person (ie if ur the guy not that u look like one lool) more then the bare minimum.

                              ok, and can sum1 just clarify whats the bare minium??
                              enough to get by. food clothing shelter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X