X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SumitaSofat
    replied
    Re: Unrestrained Glances

The Commander of the Faithful was asked what could help in lowering one's gaze.

Leave a comment:

• Cptn._.Mario
    replied

very relevant thread at this age. Jazakallahu khair

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

"Vain desire brings about pleasure at first then it causes distress.

Abstaining from lowering one's gaze engraves the images (of the one who is seen) in the heart, and the heart is like the Ka'bah, and surely it will not be satisfied with idols!"

Imam ibn Qayyim (al-Fawa'id pg106)

https://www.facebook.com/Hasbi.Rabbi...635407/?type=1

Leave a comment:

• umm salabil
    replied

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Yanti
    replied

LOL :o ;):D:D

Leave a comment:

• ahmedgnaoui
    replied

سبحان الله سبحان الله سبحان الله

Leave a comment:

• ibraheemproduct
    replied
    Originally posted by Fooky1 View Post
    i usually try not to look when i see a very beautiful lady. If by chance our eyes meet i make sure they dont a second time as i look away
    Unless i am wearing my sunglasses then i may look a little longer
    Cheeky guy.... :-)

Leave a comment:

• rafhelp
    replied

in the western world, the educated people say when you talk to someone even opposite sex you should maintain eye contact. Then they educate people saying if someone does not maintain eye contact then that person is shady, cant be trusted, is deceitful or feelin guilty, is a bad person.

So are the above both wrong islamically as if you talked to a women even if business you should lower your gaze, without having the women think you are bad person?

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

Controlling One’s Desires – Lowering the Gaze

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i usually try not to look when i see a very beautiful lady. If by chance our eyes meet i make sure they dont a second time as i look away
    Unless i am wearing my sunglasses then i may look a little longer

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Originally posted by helweh123 View Post
    I was covered! I have beautiful face.
    Then get a niqaab

Leave a comment:

• helweh123
    replied

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
    They must stare at you for a reason.

Men will not stare if you are properly covered up and take the appropriate measures

Wear a niqab if you have to
    I was covered! I have beautiful face.

Leave a comment:

• familyman
    replied

UOTE=imported_MMS;2597971]Hakeem ul Ummah, Hazrat Thanwi (RA) says, “To cast lustful glances is the disease of idiots. You neither give, nor receive. All you do is put your own heart in turmoil. You can stare at a girl forever, but you will never get her. You will only get the person that Allah has decreed for you as halal. Since this is a matter which has already been decided by Allah, that is why this is the disease of idiots.”

Anwaar-e-Haram pg. 45

Note: This applies for females as well. Just because the example given by Hazrat Thanwi (RA) involves men, it does not mean that women are exempt. The ruling for lowering the gaze has been given to men first, and then specifically to women separately.[/QUOTE]

Aslamelekum, these are good quotes and advice; heres my story...its about a workplace where over half are female, I get on well with the vast majority, I try not to give away too many personal details in my life to anyone, being shy and quiet type, and not the dark and mysterious one

At first I never really noticed her and most conversation tend to be work related over a period of a year this professionalism becomes a glance, or cheeky stare at her bum when she is not looking and your trying to catch her looking back. She doesnt.
    soon were talking about non work related stuff, going out, work during ramadan / eid. She seems genuinly nice, its then its then I find out how similar we are in our views. my thoughts stay with me after work about our conversations. Ive changed my shifts so we have the same break time, I offer to do a lunch run for her, message her about general house decor ideas. Ive noticed her hair style, her liberal views, I notice where she parks in the carpark and keep an eye out.
    I taughnt my wife about her decor ideas being great, she doesnt see her as any adversary and laughs it off as a joke.
    I then take a long stare at my wife when she is asleep trying to keep her image in my mind at night only to stray and imagine the what ifs with the other person.
    ive now thought of leaving my workplace, this being just an additional reason to do so, but im on a decent wage and I prob wont. So currently Im thinking of a 2 week fast to avoid temptation, ive booked some holidays directly after hers so dont see her for several weeks and spend additional time with my missus whom I adore and felt this same way when we first met,
    im thinking maybe its all the daytime I spend at work with her, her sitting there just 2 desks away from oblivious of me...doesnt work, ive turned my back to her, ive took on additional tasks to keep me busy and occupied but still cant help notice the change in my voice/behaviour when she walks past me. For gods sake im over 30 with a wife and child and not a teenager with a crush, whats wrong with me!
    Ive started to be more religious to keep away from temptation, doing zikar at the start of work. I pray this keeps me steadfast and the straight path. I plan on fasting during the days and tell the wife am on a diet (more spiritually than chalorific.)
    I have not lied to my wife and dont plan too and as I try to remember the reasons I adore my wife I find myself looking away when talking to this other person remember shes married with kids.
    What is wrong with me?

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Originally posted by helweh123 View Post
    I know I am beautiful and dont want anyone to look at me. I saw a lady slap her husband for looking at me.. keep in mind i was covered! Some men have lust issues and we should do our best not to fuel it.
    They must stare at you for a reason.

Men will not stare if you are properly covered up and take the appropriate measures

Wear a niqab if you have to

Leave a comment:

• nikahexplorer
    replied

MashaAlllah very nice thread, indeed good woman are for good man and good man are for good woman, so it is better for all Muslim Ummah to lower their gaze and guard their modesty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X