X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unrestrained Glances

Originally posted by Muslim_In_Notts View Post
    Assalam-o-Alaikum,brothers and sisters.
    I just came online to post a request to you all that my wife suffered from a heart attack last night.I request you all to please pray for her and for every other muslim,brother and sister.Jazak ALLAH
    Wa Alaikkum Assalam
    :wswrwb: la howla wala qawata illah billah may Allah ta ala give her a good recovery and give u both strength amin
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
      :wswrwb: la howla wala qawata illah billah may Allah ta ala give her a good recovery and give u both strength amin
      Amin
      Narrated Abee Hafsah: Ubaadah bin Saamit said to his son: "Oh son! You shall not get the true sense of eemaan (faith) until you know that what has befallen you was not going to miss you and what missed you was not going to befall you..." (Abu Dawud).

Comment

It's easy to lower your gaze once but once when you get stuck in heavy traffic your done for
        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

are any other sisters offended that brothers feel its ok to walk around in tight vests or even topless in hot weather? i dont want to see that when im walking down the street!

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
            Ameen.
            Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

What if you're a gynaecologist??? U see all kinds of stuff

Comment

Re: 保险箱法兰modern abstract art

The Great Virtue Of Lowering The Gaze
                :lahawla:

Comment

Originally posted by muslimyaz View Post
                  What if you're a gynaecologist??? U see all kinds of stuff
                  Well Shariah should be considered before hand ,if you can't control yourselves change your occupation.What irks me is when muslim women go to men gynaecologist.No shame at all!!
                  احب الصالحين و لست منهم لعل الله يرزقني صلاح

Comment

Originally posted by susu12092 View Post
                    You should lower your gaze while speaking with them.
                    La. This shows disrespect to the person. There is another way to talk with the woman that is still halaal and maintains respect. According to the Shafi^iyy madhab, it is haraam for men to look at the faces and hands of marriageable women with desire and at other parts of their bodies with or without desire, and similarly, for the women to look between the navel and the knees of marriageable men with or without desire and to look at other parts of their bodies with desire. Hence, one can look at the face of the woman while talking, so long as he does not have desire, and still hold the conversation.

I mention this because by not looking at the person, presumably non-Muslim, at all, would likely push them away from asking about the religion, as they might think you are not personable or the like. For sure you do not breach the rules of the religion to please the kuffar, but this way is still halaal and by having this type of demeanor in the workplace the woman may inquire about your actions - perhaps this is a way to talk about the creed and invite her to the religion.
                    Last edited by adhamFARUQ; 27-11-08, 04:12 AM.

Comment

I rather think that it is:

"If the heart is corrupted, then the eyes follow." The corruption within affects your perception of the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by adhamFARUQ View Post
                        La. This shows disrespect to the person. There is another way to talk with the woman that is still halaal and maintains respect. According to the Shafi^iyy madhab, it is haraam for men to look at the faces and hands of marriageable women with desire and at other parts of their bodies with or without desire, and similarly, for the women to look between the navel and the knees of marriageable men with or without desire and to look at other parts of their bodies with desire. Hence, one can look at the face of the woman while talking, so long as he does not have desire, and still hold the conversation.

I mention this because by not looking at the person, presumably non-Muslim, at all, would likely push them away from asking about the religion, as they might think you are not personable or the like. For sure you do not breach the rules of the religion to please the kuffar, but this way is still halaal and by having this type of demeanor in the workplace the woman may inquire about your actions - perhaps this is a way to talk about the creed and invite her to the religion.
                        Actually brother, I disagree with you. We are not here to please the creation, we are here to please the Creator. If He commands us to lower our gazes, then we should do so and worry less about what they think about it.

If Allah wants them to understand us, He will guide them.

All Muslims know that lowering the gaze is NOT a form of DISRESPECT. Our standards should not change when dealing with the Unbelievers.
                        Last edited by lady_aya; 03-12-08, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          A poet of ancient times once said:

While a contemporary poet declares:

This is why Allah has commanded the believing men and the believing women alike to lower their gazes, together with His command to guard their private parts [24: 30-31]
                          I've heard of a different version of your poem: A glance, a smile, a friendly hello- some chatting, a date , and off they go!;)
                          but they both basiclly say the same thing.
                          I speak from experiance when i say how hard it is for people to lower their gaze these days. Even elder and religious people expect you to look at them when you talk because it's a sign of respect and attentiveness. Such sad times we live in, when the good has become the bad and the bad has become the good.:(

“Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”
                          “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

Comment

I really hope you're joking!
                            Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                            Brilliant thread.

I always say that the first glance is out of ignorance and without intent so that can be forgiven, however subsequent glances are within your control so you are now responsible for your actions.

This is the reason why you should make sure that your first glance is a long one and a good one so you dont need to look again :D

Comment

Originally posted by MK3656 View Post
                              I really hope you're joking!
                              lol...i think he is. :up:
                              ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                                Brilliant thread.

I always say that the first glance is out of ignorance and without intent so that can be forgiven, however subsequent glances are within your control so you are now responsible for your actions.

This is the reason why you should make sure that your first glance is a long one and a good one so you dont need to look again :D
                                Astagfirullah. One glance doesnt mean you can look at stare at the oppoise sex. Once you have glance by accident then you need to look away. if you know a the oppoise sex is approaching it also doesnt mean that you are allowed to have the first glance.

The glance you see by accident is forgivable not by purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X