Unrestrained Glances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unrestrained Glances

yeah mashaAllah good thread jazakAllah khair for the reminder. Its summertime and its not only brothers who gota dfeal with fitnah coz men now also feel the need to go topless and its quite disturbing.

the thing for me is that if i wanna lower my gaze shaytaan tries to make me feel bad and whispers ''ahhh dont be like that, u wanna show muslims are friendly dont ya...'' subhanAllah :(

May Allah make it easy for us to lower our gaze for His sake . Ameen!

wasalamu alaikum
    :lailah:
    ''And they will be given to drink there a cup mixed with zanjabeel. A spring there, called Salsabeel.'' (76:17-18)

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
      In urdu they say:

Aankh maari to aadmi geya.

which means,

If you give the eye, then the man is lost.
      Don't you mean if you hit the eye the dude is lost? :scratch:

Comment

i try not to be much of a fitnah.. :o .. May Allah(swt) make it easy for us all.. Aameen :(

Sad fact is.. i try to be as much fitnah as possible.. but it just aint workin.. :( :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
          i try not to be much of a fitnah.. :o .. May Allah(swt) make it easy for us all.. Aameen :(

Sad fact is.. i try to be as much fitnah as possible.. but it just aint workin.. :( :(
          with your queer looks you aint much of a fitnah, cept perhaps for the kusra brigade

and Ibn Sina - its a deep line, can be interpreted differently. in punjabi - akh mari te banda geya. You give the eye and persons a goner.
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

with your queer looks you aint much of a fitnah, cept perhaps for the kusra brigade

and Ibn Sina - its a deep line, can be interpreted differently. in punjabi - akh mari te banda geya. You give the eye and persons a goner.
            :rotfl:.. thats nasty!

Comment

Hakeem ul Ummah, Hazrat Thanwi (RA) says, “To cast lustful glances is the disease of idiots. You neither give, nor receive. All you do is put your own heart in turmoil. You can stare at a girl forever, but you will never get her. You will only get the person that Allah has decreed for you as halal. Since this is a matter which has already been decided by Allah, that is why this is the disease of idiots.”

Anwaar-e-Haram pg. 45

Note: This applies for females as well. Just because the example given by Hazrat Thanwi (RA) involves men, it does not mean that women are exempt. The ruling for lowering the gaze has been given to men first, and then specifically to women separately.
              Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
              koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post

Note: This applies for females as well. Just because the example given by Hazrat Thanwi (RA) involves men, it does not mean that women are exempt. The ruling for lowering the gaze has been given to men first, and then specifically to women separately.
                Tell that to the niqabis who stare me out.
                Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

jazakalla khair for reminder.

other day i overheard group of sisters they were sitting together and some brother's were walking past and one them said he's cute

applies to both men and women.

Comment

were they talking about you? :asta:

Comment

there maybe a different ruling for looking at someone because they look ajeeb or maybe their not sure if its actually a man or something rather than looking at someone with a lustful glance, Allahu Alem
                      Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
                      koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

why were you looking at the niqqabi sisters for, you wouldn't know that unless you were staring at them, lower ya gaze.
                        Last edited by Omar Mukhtar; 20-05-08, 04:59 PM.

Comment

there maybe a different ruling for looking at someone because they look ajeeb or maybe their not sure if its actually a man or something rather than looking at someone with a lustful glance, Allahu Alem
                          I take it your speaking about personal experience. Innaa lillah. :(
                          #
                          ALLAH ni marzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Mukhtar View Post
                            why were you looking at the niqqabi sisters for, you wouldn't know that unless you were staring at them, lower ya gaze.
                            erm . . . er . . .

Comment

Shaytan enters with the glance, for he travels with it, faster than the wind blowing through an empty place. He makes what is seen appear more beautiful than it really is, and transforms it into an idol for the heart to worship. Then he promises it false rewards, lights the fire of desires within it, and fuels it with the wood of forbidden actions, which the servant would not have committed had it not been for this distorted image.

This distracts the heart and makes it forget its more important concerns. It stands between it and them; and so the heart loses its straight path and falls into the pit of desire and ignorance. Allah, Mighty and Glorious is He, says:

"And do not obey anyone whose heart WE have made forgetful in remembering Us- who follows his own desires, and whose affair has exceeded all bounds. (18:28)"

It has been said that between the eye and the heart is an immediate connection; if the eyes are corrupted, then the heart follows. It becomes like a rubbish heap where all the dirt and filth and rottennes collect, and so there is no room for love for Allah, relating all matters to Him, awareness of being in His presence, and feeling joy at His proximity-only the opposite of these things can inhabit such a heart.

Staring and gazing without restraint is disobedience to Allah:

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and quard their modesty; that is more purifying for them. Surely Allah is aware of what they do. (24:30)"
                              Now let us think of the above in the context of the Television
                              You will realise how devastating an effect Television has on our faith, and practice.
                              Whether it is news, films, series, comedies, all these thrust women, who we would not look at normally, in our gaze.

Again, as pointed out by others, this applies to ladies as well. How many men are seen by our sisters in this way too?

Comment

Assalam-o-Alaikum,brothers and sisters.
                                I just came online to post a request to you all that my wife suffered from a heart attack last night.I request you all to please pray for her and for every other muslim,brother and sister.Jazak ALLAH
                                Wa Alaikkum Assalam

Comment

Working...
                                X