Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unrestrained Glances

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unrestrained Glances

    Shaytan enters with the glance, for he travels with it, faster than the wind blowing through an empty place. He makes what is seen appear more beautiful than it really is, and transforms it into an idol for the heart to worship. Then he promises it false rewards, lights the fire of desires within it, and fuels it with the wood of forbidden actions, which the servant would not have committed had it not been for this distorted image.

    This distracts the heart and makes it forget its more important concerns. It stands between it and them; and so the heart loses its straight path and falls into the pit of desire and ignorance. Allah, Mighty and Glorious is He, says:



    "And do not obey anyone whose heart WE have made forgetful in remembering Us- who follows his own desires, and whose affair has exceeded all bounds. (18:28)"


    It has been said that between the eye and the heart is an immediate connection; if the eyes are corrupted, then the heart follows. It becomes like a rubbish heap where all the dirt and filth and rottennes collect, and so there is no room for love for Allah, relating all matters to Him, awareness of being in His presence, and feeling joy at His proximity-only the opposite of these things can inhabit such a heart.



    Staring and gazing without restraint is disobedience to Allah:

    "Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and quard their modesty; that is more purifying for them. Surely Allah is aware of what they do. (24:30)"
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

  • #2
    Re: Unrestrained Glances

    Excellent thread :)

    Ibn Shuja al-Kirmani said, "whosoever builds his outward form upon following the Sunnah, his internal form upon perpetual contemplation and awareness of Allah, he restrains his soul from following desires, he lowers his gaze from the forbidden things and he always eats the lawful things then his perception and insight shall never be wrong."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Unrestrained Glances

      A poet of ancient times once said:

      ‘All affairs begin with the sight;
      The raging fire a spark can ignite.’


      While a contemporary poet declares:

      ‘A look, then a smile, then the a nod of the head
      Then a talk, then a promise, then the warmth of the bed.’


      This is why Allah has commanded the believing men and the believing women alike to lower their gazes, together with His command to guard their private parts [24: 30-31]
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        http://al-islam.org/lantern-of-the-path/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Unrestrained Glances

          *bump* aherm aherm ahermm *coughs*
          Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
          koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Unrestrained Glances

            Brilliant thread.

            I always say that the first glance is out of ignorance and without intent so that can be forgiven, however subsequent glances are within your control so you are now responsible for your actions.

            This is the reason why you should make sure that your first glance is a long one and a good one so you dont need to look again :D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Unrestrained Glances

              Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
              Brilliant thread.

              I always say that the first glance is out of ignorance and without intent so that can be forgiven, however subsequent glances are within your control so you are now responsible for your actions.

              This is the reason why you should make sure that your first glance is a long one and a good one so you dont need to look again :D
              R U SERIOUS? OR R U JOKIN

              COZ ur supposedd to lower ur gaze str8 after u realise wat u r doin or u look by mistake....,,,,,not after prolongin the 1st glance!!!!!!!
              Verily Allah(s.w.t) is with the Patient ones!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Unrestrained Glances

                "The glance is a poisoned arrow of Shaytan, i.e, Satan. Whoever lowers his gaze for
                Allah, He will bestow upon him a refreshing sweetness which he will find in his
                heart on the day that he meets Him." (Related by Ahmed)
                Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Unrestrained Glances

                  Originally posted by Jihaan View Post
                  "The glance is a poisoned arrow of Shaytan, i.e, Satan. Whoever lowers his gaze for
                  Allah, He will bestow upon him a refreshing sweetness which he will find in his
                  heart on the day that he meets Him." (Related by Ahmed)
                  :sub::sub::sub: Bohot Khoob!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Unrestrained Glances

                    Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
                    It has been said that between the eye and the heart is an immediate connection; if the eyes are corrupted, then the heart follows. It becomes like a rubbish heap where all the dirt and filth and rottennes collect, and so there is no room for love for Allah, relating all matters to Him, awareness of being in His presence, and feeling joy at His proximity-only the opposite of these things can inhabit such a heart.
                    Subhanallah this a brilliant post. *wipes a tear* :crying2:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Unrestrained Glances

                      what should we do when at work and need to speak to the opposite gender?
                      When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

                      Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Unrestrained Glances

                        Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
                        what should we do when at work and need to speak to the opposite gender?
                        You should lower your gaze while speaking with them.
                        "When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Unrestrained Glances

                          Originally posted by susu12092 View Post
                          You should lower your gaze while speaking with them.
                          susu - your username rings a bell :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

                          a term that was used whilst potty training :p :p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Unrestrained Glances

                            Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
                            susu - your username rings a bell :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

                            a term that was used whilst potty training :p :p
                            Loq. WOW. thats interesting..i think:o
                            "When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Unrestrained Glances

                              In urdu they say:

                              Aankh maari to aadmi geya.

                              which means,

                              If you give the eye, then the man is lost.
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X