• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Marriage Qs So Simple Yet So Informative...READ ON..!! =]

Originally posted by noor-upon-noor View Post
    i dont like his questions:(
    why?

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

It's not just about compromise, it's also about balance, you can't just marry someone based on their knowledge, you have to be attracted to their looks, and that's an important factor.

I've had a few marriage proposals from knowledgeable brothers, one of them graduated from a well known islaamic university in the middle east, he had a masters in islaamic theology...very knowledgeable Masha'Allah. but, i didn't want to marry him because he just wasn't my type. it may seem shallow, and i know looks will fade and all that..but initially you have to find some attractive or else how are you gonna spend your life with them. also, with practising and preaching, You have to live with someone to know whether they are fully practising or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
        It's not just about compromise, it's also about balance, you can't just marry someone based on their knowledge, you have to be attracted to their looks, and that's an important factor.

I've had a few marriage proposals from knowledgeable brothers, one of them graduated from a well known islaamic university in the middle east, he had a masters in islaamic theology...very knowledgeable Masha'Allah. but, i didn't want to marry him because he just wasn't my type. it may seem shallow, and i know looks will fade and all that..but initially you have to find some attractive or else how are you gonna spend your life with them. also, with practising and preaching, You have to live with someone to know whether they are fully practising or not.
        agree with you, you can't marry someone if you are not attracted to that person, plus some ppl r just good at putting an act of being practising. She has to be attractive and practicing, unfortuantly a very hard combination to find.
        Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

Comment

Working...
        X