Uncomfortable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable..

Ya know say like you go and meet a sister for marriage and have a meeting with her and mahrem etc. and say you go see a a munaqibah [a sister who wears niqab] and imagine like it didnt go forward for whatever reason, either you thought she was not all that or she thought you was or whatever but wouldnt that be really weird if you see her on the street again, cos like now you know what she looks like *eek*

Or say like you went to one of those things again but this time it was a normal hijab wearing sister and say she like worked at your workplace or she went to your uni and it didnt go through for whatever reason, wouldnt that be really uncomfortable aswell.

I dont really know what the point of this topic is really, more me just putting my thoughts to keyboard, I tihnk tis just easier to go and enquire about someone you know you'll never see again if things dont work out. Actually heres a point to the topic, you know during a meeting, how do you get rid of that intial uncomfortableness and especially if the pups is there, like your going to feel well weird. So how do you "break the ice" or remove the uncomfortable feeling?

I havnt posted in marriage section for like aaaaaaaaaaaaaages so felt like posting in it.

http:/www.alghurabaa.org
    Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Re: Uncomfortable..

So how do you "break the ice" or remove the uncomfortable feeling?
    Talk about Allah 'azza wa jaal :inlove::love::inlove::love::inlove::love:

Comment

smile, nodding slowly

Comment

I think its just the idea of being around someone, in school or at workplace, that rejected you for marriage because it would always be on your mind whenever you'd see him/her. People often just leave for that reason alone.

And why you spending your nights thinking of this bro? Not worth it. We'll crack some jokes or something something..come online

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post

Actually heres a point to the topic, you know during a meeting, how do you get rid of that intial uncomfortableness and especially if the pups is there, like your going to feel well weird. So how do you "break the ice" or remove the uncomfortable feeling?

I havnt posted in marriage section for like aaaaaaaaaaaaaages so felt like posting in it.

Talk about how uncomfortable/surreal this all feels, the anticipation etc because she'll probably be feeling the same. It'd put you both at ease if you could immediately find a relation with one another.
        If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

number 1 - haven't got a clue

number 2 - just as with anything it takes time... and remember if he screws at you it's cause he loves his daugther and just making sure he is going to help make her happy inshAllah just as u wld do for ur child inshAllah
          Bye bye :salams

Comment

if she was a niqaabi and it didnt work out..how would you recognise her anyway? :S
            i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
              if she was a niqaabi and it didnt work out..how would you recognise her anyway? :S
              B'cos he would see her face during the "questions and answers" setion. Or whatever its called!

Comment

Originally posted by UnityPeace View Post
                B'cos he would see her face during the "questions and answers" setion. Or whatever its called!
                oh yeh..i get that bit..but on the street u wouldnt recognise her...

Comment

You can see what a person looks like, but it's difficult to remember what a person looks like, because after a while you tend to forget what that person looks like(unless you have a photographic memory)

as cruel as this may sound....but I suppose the only thing that remains is your memory is what your initial impression of them was and whether you thought they were ugly or not.

The best way to deal with it is either totally avoid one another or put it all behind you and carry on dealing with each other civilly.

What your topic of conversation should be to break the ice, is really down to you and her, i dont think anyone here can say "x,y or z" will help break the ice.

You just have to find common ground with another and take it from there.

Comment

oh yeh..i get that bit..but on the street u wouldnt recognise her...
                    Once you concentrate on someones eyes, you will never forget them. Personal expereince!

Comment

lool exactly lower ur gaze n u wont see her :p
                      Bye bye :salams

Comment

Once you concentrate on someones eyes, you will never forget them. Personal expereince!
                        :S

but even at the meet..im sure ur not meant to stare...

Comment

:S

but even at the meet..im sure ur not meant to stare...
                          Well tell the brothers that, I don't have these issues

Comment

lol even if she is wearing a niqaab, you can reconise her bro. I dunno, theres just something different about all of them that allows you to recognise them. My sister in law, bhabi or whatever, I've never seen her face and even I recognise her [with the niqaab obv]

http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                            Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

What about when she says no and they're in the workplace? She'd be covered.

If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X