I proposed to a blind lady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I proposed to a blind lady?

i dnt mean to be rude but u sound very shallow...

Comment

Originally posted by blue rose View Post
      i dnt mean to be rude but u sound very shallow...
      "Very"...dont be so quick to judge... at least im honest with myself!

Comment

Originally posted by [- _ +] View Post
        "Very"...dont be so quick to judge... at least im honest with myself!
        u hav a lot of attitude... i did say i dint mean to be rude

Comment

Originally posted by [- _ +] View Post
          Well...I almost did! Im sure you can understand why I decided to put proposed instead of 'almost proposed' because it does not have the same effect as the former. Anyways, heres what happened.

I was at home one day and my mum said to me "Can you drive us to my sisters house", well it wasnt her real sister but seeing as she is bengali, then you should know if a bengali person knows someone then their related somehow.

So we get there im bored as hell, nothing to do but listen to bengali people talking nonsense and answering their weird questions. Then this lady in her early 20s comes in the room and gives everyone tea and biscuit - bengali tradition . When she entered the room I looked at her, then looked away because I did not want her parents badmouthing me when I left saying Im a 'Perv'. The lady was very pretty and if I was to describe her, I would say she was 'Drop-dead gorgeous' lol.

So later when I was driving home I told my mum "They seem like very nice people" blah blah blah... Then I said to her "Who was that lady that walked in with tea and biscuits" she said "Which one, the blind one"...I replied by describing her and as it turns out she is blind *faints* But she can pretty much do everything a normal person can, I mean if you was to see her you would not say she was blind at all. I was about to tell my mum can I propose to her, but after I found out she was blind I changed my mind.

2 weeks later, I cant get her out of my mind, I mean who gets married to a blind person. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! She did not seem the most religious person in the world, but I dont know that for sure, I mean how can I, I didnt even know she was blind. I'll be lying if I said I was 'Mr Religious' so I guess we woudlve kinda suited. I think im infatuated with her, and I dont think I will make that proposal after all, because thinking down the line...kids and all that... will she be able to look after them... ???

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! I HATE THIS WORLD!!!
          assalaamu alaikum akhi,

I would strongly recommend seeking Allaah's guidance through Istikhaara. Also, if she has good character and you are attracted to her, then go for it. Vision was not a condition put forth by the prophet when looking for a spouse. I do understand where you are coming from though. It would be easier to marry someone who can see, but know that if she is patient with this trial and is a practising Muslimah, Allaah has guaranteed her paradise re the hadith of the prophet sallAllaahu 'alayhi wasallam speaking about the blind.

I pray that you make a decision that will increase your faith and your good deeds! Aameen
          "..Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn't, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all.." [Imaam Ash-Shaafi`ee]

"Jesus was man one day and divine the next!" [Da Vinci Code]

Comment

Originally posted by Reema View Post
            My grandfather became blind at 26, hes now in his late 60's and he and my grandmother have been together over 40 years and have 10 children. He makes his own tea and is very cheerful mashallah.
            Shaikh ibn Baz was blind but he was like a 1000 man in one!
            I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
              Shaikh ibn Baz was blind but he was like a 1000 man in one!
              didnt the sheikh (may Allaah have mercy on him) go blind waaay after marriage?!
              You hope for salvation and you have not trodden its paths,
              But the ship does not progress on dry land.

Comment

You are one selfish guy. "boo hoo Why does she have to blind??!!??" you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

I can't believe that you asked why she has to be blind. Allah chose blindness for her. He, the almighty could have easily given her perfect vision if He wanted to. Shame one you. The woman's blindness should not be a barrier to her getting married. You should see past her vision and see her as a woman who is obviously strong and able despite her disadvantage. Any Muslim man with a one brain cell would marry her.

Comment

17:97 And he whom God guides, he alone has found the right way; whereas for those whom He lets go astray thou canst never find anyone to protect them from Him: and [so, when] We shall gather them together on the Day of Resurrection, [they will lie] prone upon their faces, blind and dumb and deaf, with hell as their goal; [and] every time [the fire] abates, We shall increase for them [its] blazing flame.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I would marry her. What you saw her do tells you something about the character of the person. She learned to work through her impairment; she doesn't spend life as a vegetable. And Allah subhana wa ta ala blessed her in countless other ways. Of course go meet with her wali and sit down and talk to find out more but I would do it quick before someone else decides to.
                      Al-Hasan Al-Basree said: people are the same in health but when hardship befalls they show distinction. Ibn al Qayyim :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                        lol...that is why I said: genuine love

Love is a word which has lost a lot of meaning over the past few years, people use it far to casually. They see someone from afar and say, 'Oh I love her'. What do you love about her? Do you even know her? Have you even spoken to her? No no no. It has no depth to it.

You love a person for their iman, their character and for their intelligence - not because he/she is good looking. I find that far too shallow.
                        Thank you! :up: This is why the whole “love”-at-first-sight is b.s.. Because unless you are a psychic and are able to know the faith, character, and mind of another person by just looking at the them once, the so-called “love” is based solely on looks.
                        Originally posted by kd5cbl View Post
                        bismelah salaam brother, I am blind myself and I treat my blindness as a characteristic rather than a handicap. A great former president of the National Federation of The Blind,Dr. Kenneth Jernigan,
                        made a speach on this exact subject, "Blindness: Handicap Or Characteristic?" I would hope you don't judge her just because she is blind. Blindness is not a handicap to interfere with the way one chooses to live and raise children. My friend who is blind, has twin boys. They do all the things that every parent does with their children. She takes them to the park on her own. She also has a masters degree in child autism. I soon, inshallah, will have a masters in Special Education. I think to be at all fair, you should judge her by the content of her character, not on your preconceived notions of blindness. You might be greatly surprised to find out that she is just like any other sited individual; accept she cant drive! wa-salaam from your sister in Islam
                        MashaAllah!
                        "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

Working...
                        X