I proposed to a blind lady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I proposed to a blind lady?

Well...I almost did! Im sure you can understand why I decided to put proposed instead of 'almost proposed' because it does not have the same effect as the former. Anyways, heres what happened.

I was at home one day and my mum said to me "Can you drive us to my sisters house", well it wasnt her real sister but seeing as she is bengali, then you should know if a bengali person knows someone then their related somehow.

So we get there im bored as hell, nothing to do but listen to bengali people talking nonsense and answering their weird questions. Then this lady in her early 20s comes in the room and gives everyone tea and biscuit - bengali tradition . When she entered the room I looked at her, then looked away because I did not want her parents badmouthing me when I left saying Im a 'Perv'. The lady was very pretty and if I was to describe her, I would say she was 'Drop-dead gorgeous' lol.

So later when I was driving home I told my mum "They seem like very nice people" blah blah blah... Then I said to her "Who was that lady that walked in with tea and biscuits" she said "Which one, the blind one"...I replied by describing her and as it turns out she is blind *faints* But she can pretty much do everything a normal person can, I mean if you was to see her you would not say she was blind at all. I was about to tell my mum can I propose to her, but after I found out she was blind I changed my mind.

2 weeks later, I cant get her out of my mind, I mean who gets married to a blind person. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! She did not seem the most religious person in the world, but I dont know that for sure, I mean how can I, I didnt even know she was blind. I'll be lying if I said I was 'Mr Religious' so I guess we woudlve kinda suited. I think im infatuated with her, and I dont think I will make that proposal after all, because thinking down the line...kids and all that... will she be able to look after them... ???

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! I HATE THIS WORLD!!!

Re: I proposed to a blind lady?

I saw a family at the food centre last night. The couple had 2 or 3 children and the man looked like he was blind...

If you love her for the sake of Allah, you would want to take care of her for life...

:)
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle2 View Post
      I saw a family at the food centre last night. The couple had 2 or 3 children and the man looked like he was blind...

If you love her for the sake of Allah, you would want to take care of her for life...

:)
      I dont love her, I only just met her lol

Comment

Originally posted by [- _ +] View Post
        There is someone for everyone in this life akhi....we are made in pairs.
        Maybe Allah has guided you to her??
        There are two ways of looking at this....are you man enough to deal with her disability or shallow not to see past it?

What if she is the best thing that could ever happen to you and you walked away without finding out more about her? Can't you ask and find out her limitations (if indeed there are any at all?).
        And when someone says 'blind' does it mean she is partially blind....completely blind...have you asked any of this from your mum?

There is a reason why you are still thinking about her akhi....Allah knows best and is the best of all planners.

I would try and find out more if I were you.
        'Verily, never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change themselves.'
        (al-Ra'd, 13:11)

Comment

Originally posted by [- _ +] View Post
          Awww bro has a crush!, dun worry - You'll get over it, buh if ya do get wed to her, think of all the rewards subhanAllah,

Peace.
          *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
          Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
          Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Comment

well obviously even though she is blind she can still do everything or how did she give the tea and biscuits to the people? if you are interested why not make some inquiries about her no need to forget it just because of the eyesight thing
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Well, i know someone who is blind and she looks after her
              sisters children its amazing to see, she feeds them, changes
              them, she does anything you and i could truly amazing
              SubhanALLAH
              so dont let that put you off i agree find out more.....

Comment

ASSALAM ALAIKUM,
                subhanALLAH ukhi............u should be thankful to ALLAH that HE gave light in ur eyes.............its will be good when u will marry her coz u will be as alight in her eyes and ALLAH will reward u with this in jannah...and she is just blind in this world but she will not be like that in jannah..inshaALLAH.................if u wanna really marry her then dont look that she is blind...but if u dont so plz dont say that Y SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND?......it was the will of ALLAH.....and no 1 know that wat will happen in the future and wat kind of happiness she will bring in her family...its all test from ALLAH and if she pass it then surely she will be rewarded with good in this world and jannah in hereafter....

its just nasiha from me to all my brothers and sisters that" PLZ DONT LOOK THE OUTER SIDE OF PERSON ALWAYS LOOK HOW KIND AND MUTTAQI IS SHE OR HE ......
                and remeber that anything can happen to us in the future......:lahawla:
                may ALLAH guide us all,
                ameen.
                WASSALAM.

Comment

Your were going to propose to her based on her “drop-dead gorgeous” looks. That is idiotic and the prophet (saw) said that those that do that are losers. It was nice of you help your mother though.
                  "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

Originally posted by miss-islamic View Post
                    Your were going to propose to her based on her “drop-dead gorgeous” looks. That is idiotic and the prophet (saw) said that those that do that are losers. It was nice of you help your mother though.
                    OK, first of all I did not go there to get married, it was merely just for the sake of my mother... If im a 'loser' in your eyes then so be it... I couldnt care any less

Comment

It’s prophet (saw) that said that regarding men who want to marry women solely on their looks. I don’t think you would think to highly of a woman wanting to marry a man (but he turn out to be blind…) because he was rich. No, you are not a loser in my eyes; I think helping one’s mother is cool. :)
                      "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

2 weeks later, I cant get her out of my mind, I mean who gets married to a blind person. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! She did not seem the most religious person in the world, but I dont know that for sure, I mean how can I, I didnt even know she was blind. I'll be lying if I said I was 'Mr Religious' so I guess we woudlve kinda suited. I think im infatuated with her, and I dont think I will make that proposal after all, because thinking down the line...kids and all that... will she be able to look after them... ???

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE BLIND!!! I HATE THIS WORLD!!!
                        Blind people are people too and need love bro. Plus if you want kids and are worried that she might need help, you could help out with the kids, or maybe family can or nannies. If you want to marry her, then marry her. If you truly want it, you'd be able to see all the posibilities of making it work.
                        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                        Surah al-Baqarah
                        [2:245]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

blindness handicap or characteristic

bismelah salaam brother, I am blind myself and I treat my blindness as a characteristic rather than a handicap. A great former president of the National Federation of The Blind,Dr. Kenneth Jernigan,
                          made a speach on this exact subject, "Blindness: Handicap Or Characteristic?" I would hope you don't judge her just because she is blind. Blindness is not a handicap to interfere with the way one chooses to live and raise children. My friend who is blind, has twin boys. They do all the things that every parent does with their children. She takes them to the park on her own. She also has a masters degree in child autism. I soon, inshallah, will have a masters in Special Education. I think to be at all fair, you should judge her by the content of her character, not on your preconceived notions of blindness. You might be greatly surprised to find out that she is just like any other sited individual; accept she cant drive! wa-salaam from your sister in Islam

Comment

Re: blindness handicap or characteristic

how would she feel if she saw this thread? :|
                            You hope for salvation and you have not trodden its paths,
                            But the ship does not progress on dry land.

Comment

Re: blindness handicap or characteristic

Originally posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
                              how would she feel if she saw this thread? :|
                              She's blind.

But subhanallah bro, just because shes blind doesn't mean she doesn't feel. She's got a heart, and all - I think there is a story of a companion of rasululluah SAW who was handicapped, Julaybeeb RA. If someone could post his story up, would be useful here.
                              No i'm not being patronizing :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X