Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
    Only because a woman will continue to suffer in silence. The only reason divorce rates were lower before was because the stigma of divorce was stronger than it is now, women would keep quiet and sabaar through cruelty thinking it was all she could do.

Many men take the obediance clause TOO FAR at times, and the only things she can disobey in are ones that are against Islam, rather than just unreasonable ones.

Education has helped ensure that women have rights and do not need to suffer in silence. Education should now focus more on a fathers advice to his son.
    Exactly. I would never want my daughter to suffer in her marriage, thinking she's a failure if it didn't work or if her husband just happened to be an angry man.

We should talk about our obligations to our children when they are ready to get married. But we should also let them know their rights.

And come on, everyone is human. Everyone is different. You can't just lay out some rules and regulations and say 'do it'. Things, people, times change. Who you marry today may be someone totally different, better or worse, in 10 years. Circumstances change. It seems that if a woman needs extra things, she's a burden on her husband. If he needs extra, she should comply. No, it isn't that way. They should both be able to compromise and practice self sacrifice, whether it be big or small, for the sake of their partner, their children, and their marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro_Candy View Post
      Before a girl gets married, she should know what to expect from her husband. She should not going into a marriage thinking that she is to blame if her husband is unhappy, or just a jerk even. She should know how to expect to be treated as well.

Advice to my sons would be completely different.
      Well isnt that obvious. Daughter/female..Son/male Both different in the way Allah has created them.

Any who as i said above each to their own theree's no need to state your advise will be different etc.
      Allaahumma A'izza al-Islaam wa A'izza al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by uhkt_al'muminun View Post
        Well isnt that obvious. Daughter/female..Son/male Both different in the way Allah has created them.

Any who as i said above each to their own theree's no need to state your advise will be different etc.
        There's no need to be rude either I'll say what I have to say, and be done with it, thanks.

Comment

Wah? She cant state her advice to her own sons?
          Visit our Forum

IslamFactor

Comment

On our wedding night our parents (his and mine) sat us down together with the same advice and that was:

Your marriage is like a thin thread being linked between you two. If the wife is upset one day and pulls from her end of the thread, the husband must be lenient and give her some slack to pull. And if the husband one day pulls from his side of the thread, the wife must be lenient and go with him. If both husband and wife pull on the thread at the same time, the thread will break.
            The Torah- Old Testament
            The Bible- New Testament
            The Quran- FINAL TESTAMENT!!

:inlove::hidban::hidban::inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Pro_Candy View Post
              There's no need to be rude either I'll say what I have to say, and be done with it, thanks.
              check ur rep insh'Allah :)
              Last edited by uhkt_al'muminun; 21-10-07, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brjimc View Post
                Wah? She cant state her advice to her own sons?
                lol, hence the difference between 'There's no need' and 'You cant'

Comment

lol, hence the difference between 'There's no need' and 'You cant'
                  ookay :p

Ill let Candy answer for herself
                  :mujahida::badguy:
                  Visit our Forum

IslamFactor

Comment

Originally posted by brjimc View Post
                    ookay :p

Ill let Candy answer for herself
                    :mujahida::badguy:
                    lol...no probs dude

Comment

a great letter

Comment

It's all good :) I just think we should advise our sons as well as our daughters on how to be a good spouse :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah Wifey View Post
                          On our wedding night our parents (his and mine) sat us down together with the same advice and that was:

Your marriage is like a thin thread being linked between you two. If the wife is upset one day and pulls from her end of the thread, the husband must be lenient and give her some slack to pull. And if the husband one day pulls from his side of the thread, the wife must be lenient and go with him. If both husband and wife pull on the thread at the same time, the thread will break.
                          aww that is nice masha allah

sis how r u havent seen u around much? (sorryyy off topic but u kno jst wanted to ask :p)
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah Wifey View Post

beautiful advice mashallah

Comment

subhanAllah..never heard that advice before but it does really sound good

Comment

:salams,

Just read the original post, I don't see what's wrong with it?! Why are some people making such a commotion :S?? Some very nice advice mashaAllah, even better than sister Muslimah Wifey's (though that is some good advice Alhamdulillah) since it's more detailed and it's advice to make her understand that being the better person merits great rewards from Allah and not to expect too much and be realistic. I'm sure the parents of the son would or could say something similar to him.

Wassalam.
                                "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
                                And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
                                We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
                                And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
                                Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X