Is Islam really colour blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Islam really colour blind?

Okay, so lets just forget about our parents 'cos for the majority of us they were not born were you are probably living now and so they did not grow up with the same race relations as we have. When YOU think of you're future spouse do you think they have to come from a particular country or race or do you honestly not care as long as they have the characteristics that you are looking for.

Re: Is Islam really colour blind?

For me race means nothing, but for my parents race means everything and they are muslims so it does matter as they shouldn't be racist at all.
    Freedom has a thousand charms to show,
    That slaves, howe'er contented, never know.
    -William Cowper

Comment

Race doesnt matter much to me. :)
      Visit our Forum

IslamFactor

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
        For me race means nothing, but for my parents race means everything and they are muslims so it does matter as they shouldn't be racist at all.
        :D Believe me that is not just the view of your parents!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Islamic Sister View Post
          :D Believe me that is not just the view of your parents!!!!
          Oh no, I know lol, all the other parents from back home were the same way, as if only Arabs were muslims.
          -William Cowper

Comment

islam is color blind!

some HUMANS are not color blind.

just because some HUMANS (who follow islam) are not color blind does not mean that islam is not color blind

that is, you can not base islam on peoples actions.

you base islam on the scriptures (qur'an and sahih hadith)

also, color does not bother me.
            Unseen knowledge in this signature can only be seen by a few!

There is Taqwa and there is Fatwa ... The believer, the mu'min, seeks taqwa, where as others weak in faith seek fatwaa. Fatwaa is very close to the borderline where as taqwa is far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by imanalistic View Post
              islam is color blind!

some HUMANS are not color blind.

just because some HUMANS (who follow islam) are not color blind does not mean that islam is not color blind

that is, you can not base islam on peoples actions.

you base islam on the scriptures (qur'an and sahih hadith)

also, color does not bother me.
              Yes you're right maybe I should of worded it better. Of course Islam is colour blind!! I should asked "Are Muslims colour blind?", because of my constant traveling to Muslim countries such as Egypt, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Qatar I have found that this is really not the case.

Comment

We are one nation under Allah SWT. Shades of skin are absolutely irrelevant. We are one race and that is homo sapience.
                I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

Okay, so lets just forget about our parents 'cos for the majority of us they were not born were you are probably living now and so they did not grow up with the same race relations as we have. When YOU think of you're future spouse do you think they have to come from a particular country or race or do you honestly not care as long as they have the characteristics that you are looking for.
                  I would like to say that race/nationality doesn't matter to me. It shouldn't. But after my first marriage failed miserably, and seeing how a man can change from wonderful and nice to angry and full of hate at the drop of a hat, I just don't want to be stuck in the middle of the same situation again.

I'd rather play it safe and marry an American Bro. No worries about his intentions, especally if the issues of greencard or citizenship arise. No worries about my kids being taken away. Because all of this came to play, or was threatened (or implied), or became an issue, in my first marriage.

And, no worries about having to go visit 'back home'. I'm scared to fly!
                  Last edited by Pro_Candy; 05-10-07, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Sooorrryyyyy typin error.....I meant "of course Islam is colour blind"...........

Comment

islam is definitely colour blind!! but sadly this isn't the case with some muslims. but then again i've heard that there's nothing wrong with having a colour preference when it comes to marriage.
                      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Allah tests the ones he loves[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Sama View Post
                        islam is definitely colour blind!! but sadly this isn't the case with some muslims. but then again i've heard that there's nothing wrong with having a colour preference when it comes to marriage.
                        Sooorrryyyyy typin error.....I meant "of course Islam is colour blind"...........
                        i take what you are both saying as an insult to islam, islam is not colour blind and our Prophet SAW did alot to fight this kind of backward thinking, if some individuals choose to be racist or just plain prefer someone black, brown, pink, orange, how is that islam's fault? islam is not telling them to choose only blacks, or only browns, these individuals whoever they are choose to take this path themselves , so please be careful on how you word what u say, islam is not to blame for peoples prejudices, people are
                        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                          i take what you are both saying as an insult to islam, islam is not colour blind and our Prophet SAW did alot to fight this kind of backward thinking, if some individuals choose to be racist or just plain prefer someone black, brown, pink, orange, how is that islam's fault? islam is not telling them to choose only blacks, or only browns, these individuals whoever they are choose to take this path themselves , so please be careful on how you word what u say, islam is not to blame for peoples prejudices, people are
                          You got it wrong, they were both saying that Islam is NOT racist, just individuals.
                          -William Cowper

Comment

Originally posted by Arrakis View Post
                            You got it wrong, they were both saying that Islam is NOT racist, just individuals.
                            i thought the same originally but then read further on, please read the posts i quoted.
                            The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                              I'm not quite sure what your definition of "colour blind" is, but in this instance i meant islam doesn't discriminate against colour as the Prophet (saw) had wives and friends from different colours. But we as muslims (not all muslims) are NOT colour blind as we focus/ discriminate on this basis. I find it insulting to be called someone who insults islam.
                              [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Allah tests the ones he loves[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X