Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm no longer 'engaged'

Originally posted by Amatullah Adn View Post
    Which is why it is censored as 'unIslamic' (according to male interpreters of Islam)
    stop creating fitna.ukhti it's haraam clear cut.
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
      stop creating fitna.ukhti it's haraam clear cut.
      Who benefits from using the label 'fitna' as a weapon to silence others? (One has to wonder why it is necessary to fear the opinions of others if one is so right in one's own opinions?)
      Last edited by Amatullah Adn; 30-09-07, 04:39 PM.
      User Title Censored By Moderators

Comment

Who benefits from using the label 'fitna' as a weapon to silence others? (One has to wonder why it is necessary to fear the opinions of others if one is so right in one's own opinions?)
        im not trying to silence you. just a word of advice. the sister ask for good sound advice on an issue. and you went and gave her some haraam advice
        Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
        (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

What was said?
          If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
            im not trying to silence you. just a word of advice. the sister ask for good sound advice on an issue. and you went and gave her some haraam advice
            I gave no haraam advice. I gave advice that others do not agree with. I suggested she stand up for herself as a person. I predict that for this I will be silenced but this does not mean that millions of women do not feel as I do and that we do not act in our communities on those feelings which are right and just.

Comment

The reason your posts were deleted is cos you said dating is halaal and advocated it
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                The reason your posts were deleted is cos you said dating is halaal and advocated it
                Yes. Dating is halaal. Women need to choose their own husbands and need to know them before marriage. Your chances of being happy marrying a stranger are very slim aren't they?

Comment

Yes. Dating is halaal. Women need to choose their own husbands and need to know them before marriage. Your chances of being happy marrying a stranger are very slim aren't they?
                  I think you are confused :D Where on earth have you got this idea from that dating is halaal?! No it isnt.
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                    I think you are confused :D Where on earth have you got this idea from that dating is halaal?! No it isnt.
                    Where on earth have you gotten this idea that women do not have the right to know who they are marrying?

Comment

Where on earth have you gotten this idea that women do not have the right to know who they are marrying?
                      dating in the western sense is not allowed in islam. maybe you mean when a sister is allowed to look at and talk to a brother while her mehram is present? or enquire about a brother via her mehram?

other than that dating is not allowed in islam.
                      Last edited by imanalistic; 30-09-07, 05:01 PM.
                      Unseen knowledge in this signature can only be seen by a few!

There is Taqwa and there is Fatwa ... The believer, the mu'min, seeks taqwa, where as others weak in faith seek fatwaa. Fatwaa is very close to the borderline where as taqwa is far from it.

Comment

the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said " A man is never alone with a woman except that shaitan will be the third."
                        (Related by Ahmed and Tirmidhi)
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post

the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said " A man is never alone with a woman except that shaitan will be the third."
                          (Related by Ahmed and Tirmidhi)
                          Yes, you go out in publc to movie theatres or dinner. Women have to protect themselves.

Comment

Ohh far from it :D Dont think you should make assumptions about what you think i deem appropriate or not without asking me. Depends what you mean about "getting to know someone."
                            The bottom line is, i can give you my opinion on what i think is ok and what i think is crossing the limits (dating is crossing the limits in my opinion because the boundaries are less stringent and so there is a danger of being intimate etc, if this isnt what you mean by dating then clearly we are talking about different thigns) BUT my opinion counts for nothing. According to Shariah and Islam- free mixing is not allowed, therefore unless the guy and girl were meeting with a mehram present- anything else isnt allowed :D

Im not saying we all go according to Islamic law, we are weak, we make mistakes but atleast we can try and live according to and within the bounds of what is permitted in Islam.
                            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Amatullah Adn: I'm curious, where did you get this idea that dating (in the western sense) is halaal in islam?
                              Unseen knowledge in this signature can only be seen by a few!

There is Taqwa and there is Fatwa ... The believer, the mu'min, seeks taqwa, where as others weak in faith seek fatwaa. Fatwaa is very close to the borderline where as taqwa is far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by imanalistic View Post
                                Amatullah Adn: I'm curious, where did you get this idea that dating (in the western sense) is halaal in islam?
                                We don't live in an old world of clans and tribes any more. Women are not property to be squired around and bartered for economic and political gain. The Middle Ages is over. Women have to support themselves and be educated. Allah does not wish women to be unhappy and inflict the kind of unhappiness on their families that so many women trapped in these arranged marriages did for centuries. We are not forbidden from making our own choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X