Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be Jealous over your Spouse if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would you be Jealous over your Spouse if...

and to add on what brother .mirror. said, you don't know you will be paid muuuuuuuuch more in future inshAllah if you leave this haram habit for the sake of Allah and risk losing your job(though you won't lose job if you just explain it to them inshAllah). At the end, you realise that Allah is the provider and your employers too are nothing but Allah's slaves. So, if you are destined to get the job you'll get it no matter what they think about you.

ps. have you ever heard any incident where anyone got fired because of not shaking hand of non-mahram? Please tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
      Someone like you had the same ideas that you'll get fired if you don't shake hand with opposite sex but at the end it seemed ok if you explain it to them. Read it here :

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...posite-gender)
      It also largely depends on the area of employment you are working in, lets for argument sake take law firms if I was to refuse to shake the hands of any female colleagues let alone any potential female clients well for one I would probably get done for discrimination and two I wouldn't be employed very long if I refuse to shakes the hands of any female clients, they wouldn't want a lawyer who refuses to shake their hands and in law you need to be able to build a working relationship both with fellow colleagues and clients in order to do your job which is going to be very difficult if you refuse to shake the hands of any women.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        So, we should leave Islam at home when we are going out to work?

Brother, you do realize it is Allah lone, out of His grace, that even enables you to set a foot outside your home, let alone bless you with a job. So, how can we even say leave "religious opinions to a large extent at home"?

You want to earn money by disobeying Allah and His Messenger :saw:? Anyone who does that, know very well, that respect and honor is ONLY through Allah, not by pleasing these non-Muslims. Our Islam is more important to us than everything.

Islam is not only practiced at home. We, as Muslims, uphold the religion everywhere we go, everywhere. Job, professionalism, career, etc., is no exception.

Don't fall for this trap :insha: You'll be hurting yourself more than benefiting. Bit by bit we'll do away with all the commands of Allah, in guise of love for this dunya.

May Allah protect us.
        Of course I am not saying Islam is not the most important thing or my job or career comes before God because that is not true. But when you live and work in secular countries like the UK you need to be able to separate your personal religious beliefs which are yours from your professional life, I would expect the same from anybody who followed a different religion I would expect them to be mature enough to act professionally because that is what is required of them. I see it as a necessary evil if you live in countries like the UK, whatever career or profession you go into you will be required to act professional and to some extent leave your personal views at home. For example, science teachers they would be required to teach evolutionary theory regardless of whether they believe in evolution or creationism.

Comment

Originally posted by sushi View Post
          and to add on what brother .mirror. said, you don't know you will be paid muuuuuuuuch more in future inshAllah if you leave this haram habit for the sake of Allah and risk losing your job(though you won't lose job if you just explain it to them inshAllah). At the end, you realise that Allah is the provider and your employers too are nothing but Allah's slaves. So, if you are destined to get the job you'll get it no matter what they think about you.

ps. have you ever heard any incident where anyone got fired because of not shaking hand of non-mahram? Please tell us.
          No but nor have I ever heard of an instance where someone has refused to shake the hands of member of the opposite sex because of their gender.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered201 View Post
            It also largely depends on the area of employment you are working in, lets for argument sake take law firms if I was to refuse to shake the hands of any female colleagues let alone any potential female clients well for one I would probably get done for discrimination and two I wouldn't be employed very long if I refuse to shakes the hands of any female clients, they wouldn't want a lawyer who refuses to shake their hands and in law you need to be able to build a working relationship both with fellow colleagues and clients in order to do your job which is going to be very difficult if you refuse to shake the hands of any women.
            I don't think that's true. You can do just fine without having any physical contact. Law, or any other field, has nothing to do with getting all touchy. It has no impact on the work.

You can come with excuses, but be aware that you are disobeying Allah's Messenger :saw: I think he's more worthy of following than kuffar's cultural norms.

Of course I am not saying Islam is not the most important thing or my job or career comes before God because that is not true. But when you live and work in secular countries like the UK you need to be able to separate your personal religious beliefs which are yours from your professional life, I would expect the same from anybody who followed a different religion I would expect them to be mature enough to act professionally because that is what is required of them. I see it as a necessary evil if you live in countries like the UK, whatever career or profession you go into you will be required to act professional and to some extent leave your personal views at home. For example, science teachers they would be required to teach evolutionary theory regardless of whether they believe in evolution or creationism.
            Brother, we don't separate our religion from work, family life, entertainment life, educational life, etc. Islam is not a religion, it's a way of life. You cannot put Islam at home, when going to work. So, saying " you need to be able to separate your personal religious beliefs which are yours from your professional life," is totally wrong.

Islam goes with us where ever we go in the world, not just in UK or office. So, please, don't take the deen so lightly that you will leave it at home when you go to work. Subhan'Allah.

No but nor have I ever heard of an instance where someone has refused to shake the hands of member of the opposite sex because of their gender.
            Well, I have.

There are many brothers just on this Forum who have done that, as well.
            Last edited by .mirror.; 06-06-12, 03:01 AM.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
            X