"The more partners you have, the higher the risk.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The more partners you have, the higher the risk.."

Personally, I've been naive with my knowledge on STD's but after I came across an article explaining the general idea, one of the sentences gave me pause for thought.

"The more partners you have the greater the risk of acquiring an STD."

I understand that anyone sexually active, and not using protection i.e. married couples from our perspective, has a chance of getting a STD - but Islamically speaking, how does one protect themselves from such a disease - I'm talking about if you're in a Polygamous marriage by the way.
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Re: "The more partners you have, the higher the risk.."

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
    Personally, I've been naive with my knowledge on STD's but after I came across an article explaining the general idea, one of the sentences gave me pause for thought.

I understand that anyone sexually active, and not using protection i.e. married couples from our perspective, has a chance of getting a STD - but Islamically speaking, how does one protect themselves from such a disease - I'm talking about if you're in a Polygamous marriage by the way.
    well people should be getting STD before getting married. so if a man is going to be in a polygamous situation the women should get tested (and so should he) for STD's. in most muslim countries STD test are mandatory for anyone getting married
    Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post

well obviously a marriage is completely different to promiscuious behaviour, a man only sleeps with his wives and not different women all the time so both the man and his wives are not going to be spreading sexually transmitted dieases around or catching them audu billah.

AIDS is a big problem in the world today and it kills, and you dont need to have a lot of partners or even have had one partner to get it, many children are born with it, a person can be infected with it, for up for up to 15 years with no symptoms, and as india and africa have the highest increasing rates of AIDS in the world, personally i would advise anyone getting married to get tested for AIDS before hand, and if they have any such diseases then they should fear Allah and make sure they dont transmit them to the ummah audu billah.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I also believe people should get tested for STDs and HIV before marriage and parents should insist on this. a brother who wants to take an additional wife should also make sure he knows about the HIV status of the intended new bride, for his sake and that of his previous wife or wives. I heard a touching story of a religious man, an imam who married a widow as a 3rd wife. the sister did not know that her ex-husband died of AIDS, after some years, this man, all three wives and all the children born to him after his third marriage tested HIV positive. they are all dead now, may Allah forgive them. this disaster could have been avoided if there were tests before consummation of the wedding, wallahu aalam

Comment

Originally posted by umm shuyookh View Post
          I also believe people should get tested for STDs and HIV before marriage and parents should insist on this. a brother who wants to take an additional wife should also make sure he knows about the HIV status of the intended new bride, for his sake and that of his previous wife or wives. I heard a touching story of a religious man, an imam who married a widow as a 3rd wife. the sister did not know that her ex-husband died of AIDS, after some years, this man, all three wives and all the children born to him after his third marriage tested HIV positive. they are all dead now, may Allah forgive them. this disaster could have been avoided if there were tests before consummation of the wedding, wallahu aalam
          may Allah grant them Jenna, ameen!

this is a problem. i know a lot of muslims who dont wana ask their future spouses to get tested before. i remember i heard one sister or brother on a another islamic message forum that said we shouldn't ask our future spouses for STD test because it's being suspicion and that it's haraam. this is a dangerous statement that this person said because unfortunately there are many muslim who are not virgins before getting married so we do not who that person been with. this one sister even said she would be too shy. too shy that it could put your life at risk? i know there are many muslim couples who did not get tested before marriage.and i think this is being naive and not smart.
          i know some may find it offensive to get tested before marriage. but it's a life saving thing.

may Allah protect us from all types of STDs. Ameen!
          Last edited by sis_niqabi; 07-08-07, 05:05 PM.
          Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
          (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Working...
          X