• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umm uthman
    replied
    Re: Those men who have more than 1 wife..I SALUTE YOU

Originally posted by Lord Summerisle View Post
    Ratio of women to men high? Where? This is a very general statement, and offers no answer to the double standard I mentioned.

Can you please explain this? In relation to the double standard, I mean. This works both ways. Greater risk of STD's if the man sleeps around, too. So, again, what has this to do with justifying polygamy for a man but not for a woman?

DNA test. Once again, no answers to my questions.

Why is a woman not entitled to be the one and only apple of a mans eye, his only love?

Why is polygamy acceptable for a man but not for a woman?
    Hi Summerisle,

Firstly, the reason why polygamy is acceptable for a man and not for a woman is because this is what Allah has legislated and He is the Creator and knows best the nature of that which He created.

With regards to your points, then I'll address them below Insha Allah.

1. It is a well established fact that there are more women than men in the world and this is constantly increasing. If you do a research on the number of babies born each year, then statistically, there are more female babies to male ones.

What Ibn Khattab was saying was that if the idea of one man to one woman existed, then this would be unfair for the women, who would want to get married, will not be able to do so and so affairs and the sort will be rampant. In order to remove the indignity of this, Allah decides to honour the woman with marriage rather than being a dirty secret as is often the case with affairs.

2. With regards to DNA testing, then you have to understand that Islam came for the past, not just the future. When the issue of DNA testing didn't exist, how would a woman, who had multiple partners been able to attribute paternity to a man. Where as on the other hand, a man would always know that this baby is his child.

I hope this has cleared it up for you Insha Allah.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by MMS View Post
    paternity tests
    Ok, and now will you like to add something uselful that will help support the argument of men marrying more than one wife. I mean it is after all allowed in Islam, and a Sunnah.

Jazaak Allahu khair.

Ma'aSalaama

Leave a comment:

• Kal-El
    replied

It's a matter of choice. It's as simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• MG
    replied

Really.

Out of interest, how would you feel if your wife wanted to go out and get herself a few more husbands? Don't worry, she'd treat you all equally.

then she would have to make sure she always has a Doctor on the side, cos everytime she pops a sprog she will need to know which of the "few husbands" is the papa.

Allah SWT has made polygamy permissable for brothers for a reason and their is wisdom behind this if u delve deeper.
    Im not saying i would be happy to be a part of a polygamy marriage but i do respect why Allah SWT has made this act permissable.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
    but to summarise a couple of the points he mentioned:

1. ratio of women to men is high therefore if every man was to marry a woman, there would be loads of women unmarried. statistics show that the ratio is getting bigger as well.
    Ratio of women to men high? Where? This is a very general statement, and offers no answer to the double standard I mentioned.

2. more chances of sexually transmitted diseases when women have relationships with more than 1 man.
    Can you please explain this? In relation to the double standard, I mean. This works both ways. Greater risk of STD's if the man sleeps around, too. So, again, what has this to do with justifying polygamy for a man but not for a woman?

3. if women was to become pregnant, confusion over who the father is which may lead to physical fights.
    DNA test. Once again, no answers to my questions.

Why is a woman not entitled to be the one and only apple of a mans eye, his only love?

Why is polygamy acceptable for a man but not for a woman?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Saeed As-Salafi View Post
    Summerisle, you really do have an inquisitive mind. May Allah (swT) guide you to Islam, Ameen.
    I do. I just wish more people had.

Leave a comment:

• MMS
    replied

paternity tests

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Khattab
    replied

but to summarise a couple of the points he mentioned:

1. ratio of women to men is high therefore if every man was to marry a woman, there would be loads of women unmarried. statistics show that the ratio is getting bigger as well.
    2. more chances of sexually transmitted diseases when women have relationships with more than 1 man.
    3. if women was to become pregnant, confusion over who the father is which may lead to physical fights.

he mentioned a few more as well but i dnt have much knowledge on this subject so ill leave to someone more knowledgable inshallah :)

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Khattab
    replied

I can see your point about one husband being enough work, lol. Yet the same could be said for wives, could it not?;)

Why the double standard re this issue? Do women not feel jealousy toward other women? Of course they do! Didn't Aisha feel jealousy toward another of Mohammeds wives (I'm recalling a post that described this)? So why is it OK for a man but not for a woman? Why does a woman not deserve to be the only beloved and love of a mans life?
    I understand where you coming from but there is an explanation for this. ill try and find the video response by dr zakir naik or if anyone else has it then please upload for him inshallah.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Summerisle, you really do have an inquisitive mind. May Allah (swT) guide you to Islam, Ameen.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
    no woman in her right mind wants to get another husband. one husband is enough work. and plus if a woman has more than one husband there will be confusion on who the father of the child is. that's one of the reasons why women are not allowed to have more than one husband. plus the jealously between the husbands would be violent. fighting and punching all the time. not a pretty sight

I can see your point about one husband being enough work, lol. Yet the same could be said for wives, could it not?;)

Why the double standard re this issue? Do women not feel jealousy toward other women? Of course they do! Didn't Aisha feel jealousy toward another of Mohammeds wives (I'm recalling a post that described this)? So why is it OK for a man but not for a woman? Why does a woman not deserve to be the only beloved and love of a mans life?

Leave a comment:

• sis_niqabi
    replied

Really.

Out of interest, how would you feel if your wife wanted to go out and get herself a few more husbands? Don't worry, she'd treat you all equally.
    no woman in her right mind wants to get another husband. one husband is enough work. and plus if a woman has more than one husband there will be confusion on who the father of the child is. that's one of the reasons why women are not allowed to have more than one husband. plus the jealously between the husbands would be violent. fighting and punching all the time. not a pretty sight

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by muslimuk View Post
    to all those men who have married more than one women and ARE ABLE TO SATISFY ALL THEI NEED AND TREAT THEM EQUALLY i respect you...

Allah knows his creation better than anyone else..
    allah knows men have instincts which will make them like more than one women.
    and allah through his wisdom has given a way in which a man can do this without commiting haramm but has put conditions on it..

As long as you treat them right then its good

for thw sisters/wives understand its allowed in islam.. Its been allowed by alalh and you should accept this . cos sometimes if yo dont they may commit haram better to let your husbands not do haram than do haram..
    do not be sad feel he hates you rahter be like the wives of the ansaar..

may allah guide us all to the truth(al-islam)
    Really.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by muslimuk View Post
    to all those men who have married more than one women and ARE ABLE TO SATISFY ALL THE NEED AND TREAT THEM EQUALLY i respect you...

Allah knows his creation better than anyone else..
    allah knows men have instincts which will make them like more than one women.
    and allah through his wisdom has given a way in which a man can do this without commiting haramm but has put conditions on it..

As long as you treat them right then its good

for thw sisters/wives understand its allowed in islam.. Its been allowed by alalh and you should accept this . cos sometimes if yo dont they may commit haram better to let your husbands not do haram than do haram..
    do not be sad feel he hates you rahter be like the wives of the ansaar..

may allah guide us all to the truth(al-islam)
    I have great respect for those who treat their Wives with Equity too...

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
    why thank you :D
    bro he's talking abt REAL wives, not the imaginery ones you got running around in yer head **roll eyes**

Leave a comment:

Working...
X