Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Far Can a Muslim Go to Stop a Bad Marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far Can a Muslim Go to Stop a Bad Marriage?

Since marraige is so central to Islam, how far can a Muslim go to stop a marriage he knows for certain shouldn't happen?

Does sharia or Sunnah address this issue?

Should you jump up and down and scream in the masjid, "STOP! DON'T DO IT!"?

To whom can you disclose the damaging information?

Re: How Far Can a Muslim Go to Stop a Bad Marriage?

will you elaborate a bit please >> own marriage or others?
    sigpic

Comment

text,e mail,phone,talk, to the groom or bride or their families and friends:D

why the ISSUE ?:zzz:
      :salams

Comment

But a possible problem that could arise...

Person A hates or is jealous of Person B who is marrying Person C... so decides to sabotage the wedding by telling Person B, "Person C is this and that and did this and that and don't marry him/her"

And just like that a marriage is ended...

How can we be CERTAIN a marriage won't work out? I believe if 2 people are getting married they have worked out everything that needs to be worked out and understand that it is a union for LIFE and I am sure their intention at the time of marriage is to be together for life.

I don't think we should meddle in other's affairs and break up marriages, as shaytan tries his hardest to break up unions between Muslims anyway.
        The Torah- Old Testament
        The Bible- New Testament
        The Quran- FINAL TESTAMENT!!

:inlove::hidban::hidban::inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
          Since marraige is so central to Islam, how far can a Muslim go to stop a marriage he knows for certain shouldn't happen?

Does sharia or Sunnah address this issue?

Should you jump up and down and scream in the masjid, "STOP! DON'T DO IT!"?

To whom can you disclose the damaging information?
          Any examples of when that might be the case?

And no you can't use something like "if brother A wants to marry sister B but sister B is actually brother B " :p

-Rashid
          :hidban:

Comment

Intervening at the last minute is the most unwise thing you could possibly do.. do something beforehand, talk to whoever you are concerned about, and talk to the elders involved also..

Leaving it til the masjid would be a DEEEzaster.
            [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
            [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
            [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
            Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Too much Eastenders for some people..
              If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by THE PATH 2 View Post
                text,e mail,phone,talk, to the groom or bride or their families and friends:D

why the ISSUE ?:zzz:
                oh..and before the cards are printed:)

dates arranged,publicized etc
                :salams

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                  lool thats exactly what popped into my head when I read his post

But err I don't think they have Eastenders across the pond...wherever Cashew lives...

-Rashid
                  :hidban:

Comment

LOL :rotfl:
                    [CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][B]My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.[COLOR=sienna]- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi[/COLOR][/B]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Shaykh al-Shadhili

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=sienna][FONT=Verdana]- Jibreel (as)
                    [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][I][SIZE=4] ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ[/SIZE]<o></o>[/I][/B]
                    [B]O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. [COLOR=Sienna]- Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

[/COLOR][/B][I][B][SIZE=4]أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.[COLOR=Sienna]ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

Well, no.

I'm talking about a situation in which a person knows for certain that, for example, the groom is not and will not remain faithful to his bride.

Or a situation in which you know for certain that a person is marrying only to get a passport, and plans to divorce as soon as the passport is obtained.

Comment

Simple. If you know that *........* is marrying you just to get a passport or that *.....* is not going to remain, faithful, you dont marry them! How would knowingly go into such a marriage to begin with?

:rotfl: :rotfl:
                        What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
                          Well, no.

I'm talking about a situation in which a person knows for certain that, for example, the groom is not and will not remain faithful to his bride.

Or a situation in which you know for certain that a person is marrying only to get a passport, and plans to divorce as soon as the passport is obtained.
                          If the person has told you personally, in confidential or whatever... then I think it's advisable to advise him not to do such a thing... ie. to hurt a person. If he doesn't wish to listen to you, tell him you are going to tell the bride because you do not wish the bride to be hurt. Then it's up to her to go along with it or pull out. You have done your job, but the decision is still in their hands.
                          "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

The reason I ask this is because a number of bad marriages have been discussed in this forum.

A number of these bad marriages were bad marriages for obvious practical reasons.

These bad marriages could possibly have been prevented had someone come forward and presented the bride or groom with the damaging information.

I was wondering whether a Muslim, in posession of unquestionable evidence, had a religious obligation to prevent a bad marriage from happening.

Comment

Cashew - do you mean for example..

"The guy your about to get married to having a relationship with so and so aswell at the moment"?

Our bring up someones past? - bad idea, especially if the present is different.
                              "If you speak, then consider your words, articulate your speech and make clear what you intend; do not allow them to carry a number of meanings, and do not use words that may be misunderstood, or words that are ambiguous and will need further explanations and clarifications, for your opponent will not remember your explanation, and if his heart is diseased he will release your words and direct them where he pleases."

Comment

Working...
                              X