• Show
Clear All

• Maureen
    replied
    Re: Polygamous Marriage anyone???

Originally posted by junaidb View Post
    I have been curious to know if there are any bros o sisters that are in
    a polygamous marriage?

Please share your experiences of this forgotten sunnah. there must be sisters that are co-wife to other wifes and there must be some brothers that have more than 1 wife.....

give us some experainces.....

shukran

Wassalaam
    Polygamy for me would be absolutely unthinkable. I can see that it would suit males, but what about females? How could there be any advantages?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

ok, none has removed his post. I apologise for entertaining this dsicussion:

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
    He wasn't talking about homosexuality.
    In a party of three, where two persons are of the same gender, and the third is not. Where they are to engage in such activities, it is almost tantamount to homosexuality. Since at least two of the participants are in a very compromising position, even if they don’t actually respond to each other. This argument is further supported by the barriers put in place by Islam such as observing Hijab, covering ones Awrah, having Hayaah etc. etc.

Ma'aSalaama
    Last edited by Saeed Al-Muslim; 05-08-07, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kal-El
    replied

He wasn't talking about homosexuality.

Leave a comment:

• Nusayba
    replied

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
    this is off the head. but can someone with two wives have a threesome with them
    No they can't. This is forbiden in Islam, absolutely Haram. Homosexuality is not permitted in islam under any condition, ever.

Every wife will have her own home.

And in Islam a woman cannot see the private parts of another woman.

Just like in everything else, Dignity, privacy, respect, shyness, must be observed in Polygamy too.

Leave a comment:

• Kal-El
    replied

You shouldn't ask questions that are of a sexual nature on the public forums. But to answer your question, I do not think so.
    Last edited by Kal-El; 05-08-07, 03:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• umm uthman
    replied

Asalaamu 'alaikum wa Rahmatulah,

My paternal grandfather had three wives, my uncle had three wives, my other uncle has two and my maternal uncle recently got married to his second wife so I have pretty much grown up around the practise of polygamy. Alhamdulillah.

I think the practising brothers need to start reviving this sunnah. May Allah guide us to that which is pleasing to Him.

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
    Is it allowed to marry two at the same time? I saw this photograph with this Muslim name next to two brides
    I know two sisters whose husbands married them and their co-wives on the same day so I don't see why not. However, I personally wouldn't do this.

Originally posted by sajeda View Post
    Salam Alikom

I was sitting here and thinking about this subject and I wonder how we as brothers and sisters accept all of Islam but this part of Islam we seem to have trouble with the understanding of this part..

We take the shahada and by doing so we accept all of Islam. Why then do we have such trouble with this part? We can not choose and pick what part we like or dislike...

inshaAllah we all become stronger in our Imān.
    Amin to your du'a

This is exactly what baffles me with us muslims. We seem to be ok with only that which is pleasing to us or suits our desires.

But when it comes to that which we are not comfortable with, then we have 1001 excuses as to why "its ok but its not for me"

Subhanallah, where is the implementation of:

And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith) (98:05)

and

And they say: "We hear, and we obey (2:285)

May Allah make us of those who hear and obey.

Leave a comment:

• Cartman
    replied

this is off the head. but can someone with two wives have a threesome with them

Leave a comment:

• sajeda
    replied

Salam Alikom

I was sitting here and thinking about this subject and I wonder how we as brothers and sisters accept all of Islam but this part of Islam we seem to have trouble with the understanding of this part..

We take the shahada and by doing so we accept all of Islam. Why then do we have such trouble with this part? We can not choose and pick what part we like or dislike...

inshaAllah we all become stronger in our Imān.

Leave a comment:

• sajeda
    replied

Salam Alikom

My life with my husband is one that i thank Allah for every time i pray. We have 1 large family and inshaAllah will have many blessings from Allah. Between us both there are 9 children and all love each other so much. As for me and my husbands other wife I love her as if she was my own sister... she and i talk every day and she treats my children as her own and treat her children as my own.. We pull together to make sure all needs of the family are met.. My husband treats us equally and with much love... there is no jealousy on either part.. why should there be.. Allah granted my husband the right to have 4 wives if he could follow islam correctly. if not then only one.. I know that so many do not understand all of this but to me it is perfectly understood and I would not have my marriage or my family any other way...

Leave a comment:

• MsMuslimah
    replied

I just read a book dealing with polygamy.. Its supposed to be fiction, but I wonder how true it is

hmmmm
    Last edited by MsMuslimah; 03-08-07, 05:50 AM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Kal-El
    replied

Is it allowed to marry two at the same time? I saw this photograph with this Muslim name next to two brides

Leave a comment:

• Aamaal
    replied

Originally posted by Saeed As-Salafi View Post
    It is a Sunnah, when we say Sunnah we mean the example of the Prophet (saw). It is most definitely a Sunnah, and very rewarding, but not something all brothers are able to do. Allah (swT) tells Muslim men to marry 4 wifes, if not then marry 3, if not then marry 2 and if they still cannot be just to them, than marry just the 1.

Ma'aSalaama
    Well it's either way really. The Prophet (s.a.w) was in a monogamous marraige for quite a number of years with Khadija (R.A) and hence monogamous marraiges can also be considerd Sunnah.
    And as you know, it was in the lateral part of his life (after the demise of his first wife) that the Prophet (s.a.w) was in polygamous marraiges- although, he was ordered by Allah to exceed the limit of 4 due to many reasons.

Also, in terms of what the Qur'an says, brother, there is only one verse referring to polygamy directly and there Allah does not 'tell' as in command etc but 'allows' a Muslim man to have a maximum limit of 4 provided he meets the conditions set by Allah in the Qur'an.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by me.sawda View Post
    Polygamy is not sunnah. ..It's permissable ( mubah) and an option
    for some situations. :D
    It is a Sunnah, when we say Sunnah we mean the example of the Prophet (saw). It is most definitely a Sunnah, and very rewarding, but not something all brothers are able to do. Allah (swT) tells Muslim men to marry 4 wifes, if not then marry 3, if not then marry 2 and if they still cannot be just to them, than marry just the 1.

Ma'aSalaama

Leave a comment:

• me.sawda
    replied

Polygamy is not sunnah. ..It's permissable ( mubah) and an option
    for some situations. :D

Leave a comment:

• Hassnetwork
    replied

Originally posted by One_Ummah View Post
    Brothers that have more than 1 wife and are conforming to this sunnah are more than likely to be implememnting other sunnahs of our beloved nabi into their lives too which may not seem as outwardly beneficial to you such as the things you mentioned like a beard, so please refrain from maligning and making a mockery of those brothers who are adopting this sunnah in their lives. Don't judge everyone by your own standards.
    my sincere apologies sis.. but naaaaaaaaaaah i wasnt painting all the bruders with the same paintbrush. hadda use clear vanish on afew! They were my "thoughts" on the issue... wasnt making a mockery of anyone else, if anyone, myself perhaps. and wasnt talking about the beard.. gave an example of the "salwar & naaraa" issue
    Last edited by Hassnetwork; 01-08-07, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X