Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polygamous Marriage anyone???

Salam Alikom

I was sitting here and thinking about this subject and I wonder how we as brothers and sisters accept all of Islam but this part of Islam we seem to have trouble with the understanding of this part..

We take the shahada and by doing so we accept all of Islam. Why then do we have such trouble with this part? We can not choose and pick what part we like or dislike...

inshaAllah we all become stronger in our Imān.
    "With our soul and blood we will redeem you O Palestine! HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل "

Comment

this is off the head. but can someone with two wives have a threesome with them
      May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Asalaamu 'alaikum wa Rahmatulah,

My paternal grandfather had three wives, my uncle had three wives, my other uncle has two and my maternal uncle recently got married to his second wife so I have pretty much grown up around the practise of polygamy. Alhamdulillah.

I think the practising brothers need to start reviving this sunnah. May Allah guide us to that which is pleasing to Him.

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
        Is it allowed to marry two at the same time? I saw this photograph with this Muslim name next to two brides
        I know two sisters whose husbands married them and their co-wives on the same day so I don't see why not. However, I personally wouldn't do this.

Originally posted by sajeda View Post
        Salam Alikom

I was sitting here and thinking about this subject and I wonder how we as brothers and sisters accept all of Islam but this part of Islam we seem to have trouble with the understanding of this part..

We take the shahada and by doing so we accept all of Islam. Why then do we have such trouble with this part? We can not choose and pick what part we like or dislike...

inshaAllah we all become stronger in our Imān.
        Amin to your du'a

This is exactly what baffles me with us muslims. We seem to be ok with only that which is pleasing to us or suits our desires.

But when it comes to that which we are not comfortable with, then we have 1001 excuses as to why "its ok but its not for me"

Subhanallah, where is the implementation of:

And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith) (98:05)

and

And they say: "We hear, and we obey (2:285)

May Allah make us of those who hear and obey.
        When I grow up, I want to be just like my aunty Nazias and Insomniac Insha Allah...A TREE HUGGER :love: :inlove: :love:
        BOYCOTT CATTERKILLERS!!!

Comment

You shouldn't ask questions that are of a sexual nature on the public forums. But to answer your question, I do not think so.
          Last edited by Kal-El; 05-08-07, 03:06 AM.
          If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            this is off the head. but can someone with two wives have a threesome with them
            No they can't. This is forbiden in Islam, absolutely Haram. Homosexuality is not permitted in islam under any condition, ever.

Every wife will have her own home.

And in Islam a woman cannot see the private parts of another woman.

Just like in everything else, Dignity, privacy, respect, shyness, must be observed in Polygamy too.
            "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

He wasn't talking about homosexuality.
              If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

ok, none has removed his post. I apologise for entertaining this dsicussion:

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                He wasn't talking about homosexuality.
                In a party of three, where two persons are of the same gender, and the third is not. Where they are to engage in such activities, it is almost tantamount to homosexuality. Since at least two of the participants are in a very compromising position, even if they don’t actually respond to each other. This argument is further supported by the barriers put in place by Islam such as observing Hijab, covering ones Awrah, having Hayaah etc. etc.

Ma'aSalaama
                Last edited by Saeed Al-Muslim; 05-08-07, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junaidb View Post
                  I have been curious to know if there are any bros o sisters that are in
                  a polygamous marriage?

Please share your experiences of this forgotten sunnah. there must be sisters that are co-wife to other wifes and there must be some brothers that have more than 1 wife.....

give us some experainces.....

shukran

Wassalaam
                  Polygamy for me would be absolutely unthinkable. I can see that it would suit males, but what about females? How could there be any advantages?
                  "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

Working...
                  X