X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygamous Marriage anyone???

I have been curious to know if there are any bros o sisters that are in
    a polygamous marriage?

Please share your experiences of this forgotten sunnah. there must be sisters that are co-wife to other wifes and there must be some brothers that have more than 1 wife.....

give us some experainces.....

shukran

Wassalaam

Re: Polygamous Marriage anyone???

Salam Alikom

yes i am a sister who's husband has another wife... in the beginning i had some trouble with this but I have met his other wife and she and I are the best of friends... My husband loves me dearly and I love him dearly..

to have a husband who has another wife is no different then if your husband only had one .... Allah allows the husband to have 4 wives ... he has to treat them the same and if he can not then only one...

my husband and I are best friends and we keep no secerts from each other..

I really do not know what tell you ... other then I love him and he loves me..

i have no jealousy ..
    "With our soul and blood we will redeem you O Palestine! HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل "

Comment

Originally posted by sajeda View Post
      Salam Alikom

yes i am a sister who's husband has another wife... in the beginning i had some trouble with this but I have met his other wife and she and I are the best of friends... My husband loves me dearly and I love him dearly..

to have a husband who has another wife is no different then if your husband only had one .... Allah allows the husband to have 4 wives ... he has to treat them the same and if he can not then only one...

i have no jealousy ..
      Waalaikum salaam warahmatullahi wabaraakatuh

Alhamdulillah this is great news sister, May Allah bless your'll and keep your'll united in both lives....ameen:up:

Yes i agree with this right that Allah has given us......yet very few amongst us bros practise this sunnah and further many women take away this right that Allah has given with threats....may Allah make us amongst those that are pious....ameen

May Allah save us all from jealosy.....ameen

wot are some of your experiances that you can share with us that you can tell our bros n sis that in this Sunnah is much barakah n blessings.

do you or ur co wife work?

Wassalaam

Comment

Originally posted by sajeda View Post
        Salam Alikom

i have no jealousy ..
        :masha: Ukhtee. I'm really happy to know brother like that exist and you are so lucky sister from ummah.
        May ALLAH (swt) makes other mumin brother treat their wives fairly.
        :start:
        ''And the one who fears Allah, he makes for him a way out'' ](Quran65:2)

Comment

Originally posted by me.sawda View Post
          :masha: Ukhtee. I'm really happy to know brother like that exist and you are so lucky sister from ummah.
          May ALLAH (swt) makes other mumin brother treat their wives fairly.
          ameen to your duas sis sawda....

Comment

:rotfl: :rotfl: Dont mind me but i find it rather amusing when people bring in the 'Sunnah' into issues like polygamy, or anything else that we find 'entertaining' or beneficial to ourselves. :rotfl: & when it comes to other aspects of the Sunnah, its like..."ehhhhhhh! you vaaaaaaat, cant be asked broooo tis too difficult nowdays.. gotta integrate bro, dont wanna be showin my hairy legs and that, dunt look cool enoughh...ya geh meh!?!!"

I'm no better, Unfortunately.
            Last edited by Hassnetwork; 01-08-07, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hassnetwork is absolutely right.

Comment

Brothers that have more than 1 wife and are conforming to this sunnah are more than likely to be implememnting other sunnahs of our beloved nabi into their lives too which may not seem as outwardly beneficial to you such as the things you mentioned like a beard, so please refrain from maligning and making a mockery of those brothers who are adopting this sunnah in their lives. Don't judge everyone by your own standards.
                “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

Originally posted by One_Ummah View Post
                  Brothers that have more than 1 wife and are conforming to this sunnah are more than likely to be implememnting other sunnahs of our beloved nabi into their lives too which may not seem as outwardly beneficial to you such as the things you mentioned like a beard, so please refrain from maligning and making a mockery of those brothers who are adopting this sunnah in their lives. Don't judge everyone by your own standards.
                  my sincere apologies sis.. but naaaaaaaaaaah i wasnt painting all the bruders with the same paintbrush. hadda use clear vanish on afew! They were my "thoughts" on the issue... wasnt making a mockery of anyone else, if anyone, myself perhaps. and wasnt talking about the beard.. gave an example of the "salwar & naaraa" issue
                  Last edited by Hassnetwork; 01-08-07, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Polygamy is not sunnah. ..It's permissable ( mubah) and an option
                    for some situations. :D
                    :start:
                    ''And the one who fears Allah, he makes for him a way out'' ](Quran65:2)

Comment

Originally posted by me.sawda View Post
                      Polygamy is not sunnah. ..It's permissable ( mubah) and an option
                      for some situations. :D
                      It is a Sunnah, when we say Sunnah we mean the example of the Prophet (saw). It is most definitely a Sunnah, and very rewarding, but not something all brothers are able to do. Allah (swT) tells Muslim men to marry 4 wifes, if not then marry 3, if not then marry 2 and if they still cannot be just to them, than marry just the 1.

Ma'aSalaama

Comment

Originally posted by Saeed As-Salafi View Post
                        It is a Sunnah, when we say Sunnah we mean the example of the Prophet (saw). It is most definitely a Sunnah, and very rewarding, but not something all brothers are able to do. Allah (swT) tells Muslim men to marry 4 wifes, if not then marry 3, if not then marry 2 and if they still cannot be just to them, than marry just the 1.

Ma'aSalaama
                        Well it's either way really. The Prophet (s.a.w) was in a monogamous marraige for quite a number of years with Khadija (R.A) and hence monogamous marraiges can also be considerd Sunnah.
                        And as you know, it was in the lateral part of his life (after the demise of his first wife) that the Prophet (s.a.w) was in polygamous marraiges- although, he was ordered by Allah to exceed the limit of 4 due to many reasons.

Also, in terms of what the Qur'an says, brother, there is only one verse referring to polygamy directly and there Allah does not 'tell' as in command etc but 'allows' a Muslim man to have a maximum limit of 4 provided he meets the conditions set by Allah in the Qur'an.
                        [COLOR="black"][B] "Why should I ask the wise men: Whence is my beginning? I am busy with the thought: Where will be my end?" [/B][/COLOR]

~ Allama Muhammad Iqbal

Comment

Is it allowed to marry two at the same time? I saw this photograph with this Muslim name next to two brides
                          If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

I just read a book dealing with polygamy.. Its supposed to be fiction, but I wonder how true it is

hmmmm
                            Last edited by MsMuslimah; 03-08-07, 05:50 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Salam Alikom

My life with my husband is one that i thank Allah for every time i pray. We have 1 large family and inshaAllah will have many blessings from Allah. Between us both there are 9 children and all love each other so much. As for me and my husbands other wife I love her as if she was my own sister... she and i talk every day and she treats my children as her own and treat her children as my own.. We pull together to make sure all needs of the family are met.. My husband treats us equally and with much love... there is no jealousy on either part.. why should there be.. Allah granted my husband the right to have 4 wives if he could follow islam correctly. if not then only one.. I know that so many do not understand all of this but to me it is perfectly understood and I would not have my marriage or my family any other way...
                              "With our soul and blood we will redeem you O Palestine! HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل "

Comment

Working...
                              X